CD vs FLAC. Which is better?

Thanks Naturelover.
Actually I downloaded a lossless version of a song of 1979 Tamil film from saregama website. Though I have the same song( since it is my favorite), purchased from iTunes and Nokia Music store( mp3 @256kbps), just to compare this song,yesterday downloaded from saregama site, their lossless version in wav format. When I played this file, I really surprised to hear the diff. in SQ, though it is expected when comparing a wav with aac/mp3. the lossless version has a clear HF as well as LF response with a good soundstage.

As everybody told, I too do not like the SQ of saregama CD which literally equals to a high mp3 file and that is the reason I stopped buying CDs nowadays.

regards

Flac uncompressed has one distinct advantage over .wav - support for metadata. So uncompressed .flac may not be such a dummy idea afterall.

so the best of both worlds essentially. its the metadata portability where flac scores over wav. If it was possible to permanently embed metadata into a wav file like it is with flac and enjoy the portability that this embedded metadata provides, flac would have died long ago..just my two cents

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back