CDP Azur 540c or cd 5400 or nadc525 bee

cello

Hi guys!
I own a nad C325 BEE amps and a pair of wharfedale diamond 9.1. I mostly listen to jazz and western classical and i would want my set up to have a very warm sound, detailed, impeccable timing and a wide sound stage.
For this I have been considering to buy CA Azur 540c V2 but at the same time I want to be absolutely sure so I wanted to consider NAD c525 BEE and Marantz cd5400. However since i love in a small town i do not have the luxury of auditioning the cdp.
In addition I would not be able to tolerate any mechanical sounds from the CDP and yes my budget seems just right for the c540 v2.
Would it be a good match:confused:
Please suggest and thanks in advance

what speakers do you have and what are you missing from the existing NAD?

Hi guys!
I own a nad C325 BEE amps and a pair of wharfedale diamond 9.1. I mostly listen to jazz and western classical and i would want my set up to have a very warm sound, detailed, impeccable timing and a wide sound stage.
For this I have been considering to buy CA Azur 540c V2 but at the same time I want to be absolutely sure so I wanted to consider NAD c525 BEE and Marantz cd5400. However since i love in a small town i do not have the luxury of auditioning the cdp.
In addition I would not be able to tolerate any mechanical sounds from the CDP and yes my budget seems just right for the c540 v2.

Like i've posted, i own a wharfedale diamond 9.1 speakers & and perfectly ok with my nad amps but i am seeking advice on which cd player to buy.

Both the CA and NAD are good.andboth would go well with your setup.
its unfortunate you cant hear them.

Last edited:
the CA cdp with the NAD warfedale combo is really good.
go for it.
yes the NAD cdp is alss great, however i found the former to be slightly more detailed.
Though ive heard NAD to be more long lasting.

CA cd players with NAD are a pretty good combo and pair well for most music types except may be hard rock and metal.

NAD + NAD is legendary with its unique sound signature and is suited for wide varietyof music as well.

You should be good with either option.

I would also suggest you look at NAD's 515. Though at the bottom of the heap, it has good specs and a very decent DAC. I paired this with a Yamaha AVR and my own Onkyo 875 and the sound is phenomenal. I am going to try it with a standard two channel amp, but I am positive it will only sound better than what I have heard with these AVRs.

Cheers

Marantz CD 5400 is a discontinued model . you can try CD 5001 , which is a good value for money . The advantage of the marantz players are the Lens is available without any trouble and it reads almost all discs . The Nad and CA too are very good players , but this marantz CD 5001 and CD 6002 are just too good for the price.

Hi guys!

I use marantz CD6002 with NAD c325 BEE and the sound is fullsome.

Unlike the senior members on this forum, I've not heard many combinations so I cant say if its better or worse. I did hear the CA640C V2 and the separation and detail were lovely and worth having. I also recall it sounded ice cool - what others describe as sounding just a little "thin". This was paired with a CA 640A amp during my audition and not NAD. The price of CD6002 has dropped to 15K or so I heard. The tray of the cd6002 is a little flimsy and so is the outer casing very delicate, otherwise it is a good product. but you can put an 8mm glass plate cut and polished to size on top to protect the CDP.

HTH
Regards

Hey Cello

I dont know where you are from, but if you are close to Bangalore you can visit my home. I have the Marantz CDP 6002 + NAD c325BEE + Diamond 9.2s - very close to your setup so it will give you a fair idea.

Cheers

... but you can put an 8mm glass plate cut and polished to size on top to protect the CDP.

Is that what you have done, gobble? Can you put up some pictures, here or wherever appropriate? Just curious. Do you find any noticeable difference of sound before and after?

Is that what you have done, gobble? Can you put up some pictures, here or wherever appropriate? Just curious. Do you find any noticeable difference of sound before and after?

About to do it this week Asit. Not for sound quality as much as protection. A month back, I had placed a 300gm lamp shade with acrylic base and as I turned it to position it, it scratched the surface of the CDP very badly. Now suddenly my 2 month old CDP looks 5 years old!! :(

The casing and tray are really flimsy on the Marantz. Will post a pic as soon as I do it.

Regards

Thanks a lot guys.
After much thinking and searching i've decided to go with CA azur 640c v2. I managed to get it for 20.5k so i hope its worth it.

You will lovee its clarity and the separation between each instrument it provides with detail - no doubt about that!! :clapping:

Enjoy listening!!

Cheers

Thanks a lot guys.
After much thinking and searching i've decided to go with CA azur 640c v2. I managed to get it for 20.5k so i hope its worth it.

Please post a review of the 640C when you find the time :)

did you get it for 20.5K with bill+warrranty?

Cheers

@gobble - If you've not already done it go with 12mm, 8mm will not be that robust.

I'm afraid of too much weight - the cd6002 body has a quite fragile body.

already placed the order for 8mm. If you've seen my speaker base - thats 12mm I felt it was too thick for a cdp.

I now need small square strips of adhesive material that will create 4 or 5 mm room between the cdp and glass to vent the heat - glass does not conduct any and the cdp might overheat. Else some cardboard cut-outs should do I guess.

Regards

Ok, for our wall unit we got 12mm glass put in since it handles quite a lot of weight hence the recommendation.

I'm afraid of too much weight - the cd6002 body has a quite fragile body.

already placed the order for 8mm. If you've seen my speaker base - thats 12mm I felt it was too thick for a cdp.

I now need small square strips of adhesive material that will create 4 or 5 mm room between the cdp and glass to vent the heat - glass does not conduct any and the cdp might overheat. Else some cardboard cut-outs should do I guess.

Regards

Any idea if this is true? the CD6002 for 15k? If so then i might junk my plans of getting a DVD99 for 13k and go for this instead.....what say?

I use marantz CD6002 with NAD c325 BEE and the sound is fullsome.

Unlike the senior members on this forum, I've not heard many combinations so I cant say if its better or worse. I did hear the CA640C V2 and the separation and detail were lovely and worth having. I also recall it sounded ice cool - what others describe as sounding just a little "thin". This was paired with a CA 640A amp during my audition and not NAD. The price of CD6002 has dropped to 15K or so I heard. The tray of the cd6002 is a little flimsy and so is the outer casing very delicate, otherwise it is a good product. but you can put an 8mm glass plate cut and polished to size on top to protect the CDP.

HTH
Regards

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back