gets affected, the rising edge becomes curved,sloped depending on

the coupling method, like capacitor coupling, transformer coupling etc

this has an effect on sound quality, there is definitely audible diff

depending on the player, bit correction, laser servo and lots on variables

can be there in addition to shape distortion in data pulses

to change the sound, I felt safer to use Foobar ASIO in PC to DAC

via USB

Robert Bose

Thanks for the very informative reply regeHA. I am downloading Bug Head now and will research everything you mention.

Cheers.

I am downloading Bug Head now and will research .

Cheers.

Few of my friends were not ready to give a try to Bughead after seeing the interface and they were actually searching for good DAC to upgrade. After I convinced them to give bughead a try, later all of them upgraded their PC & Laptop while DAC remain unchanged.

Go with a Raspberry Pi for source/transport and spend all the money you can on the best DAC. The SQ will be unbeatable.

Later on you can use a PC with HQP and use the Pi as NAA... some of us are doing that and finding it even more of an improvement.

If I'm understanding this correctly... a PC with HQP will stream processed audio to a Pi-as-NAA? Over wi-fi?

And the pi will then feed digital audio into a DAC? How will this connection be made?

Thanks.

If I'm understanding this correctly... a PC with HQP will stream processed audio to a Pi-as-NAA? Over wi-fi?

And the pi will then feed digital audio into a DAC? How will this connection be made?

Thanks.

USB or Toslink (need Pi addon board from HiFiBerry or IQAudio).

The newer devices like microRendu are becoming extremely popular as NAA devices - ethernet input, USB output to DAC.

The PC can be on the network in another room and transmitting data via ethernet or even wireless.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back