Center and L & R Speakers - Sound Stage and Signature Matching

nivedhya

It is generally suggested to go for one brand in above speakers to get good sound signature matching etc., While going so is it a must or advisable

1) If Center is 3 way does F & R also has to be 3 way or can be however?
2) And Woofer and Tweeter - Does it also to be of same size of Center in L & R?

Above questions raised how it will be applicable with dedicated sub woofers set up & if no dedicated sub woofers set up?

Of course a big Technical question asked just like that. Anyhow experts can come out explaining it simply with pros & cons?

It is generally suggested to go for one brand in above speakers to get good sound signature matching etc., While going so is it a must or advisable
To my ears, its a must. You don't want your fronts to sound different from the center, especially when all three front speakers are churning out sound at the same time. Timbre/tonal matching is very difficult unless you are able to audition the fronts and the center and decide for yourself whether they sound right and in sync.
Can be however. My front floorstanders are three way (Quad S5) whereas my center is two way (Quad SC-2) but the integration is seamless.
No. My front floorstanders (Quad S5) have 6.5 inch drivers whereas my center (Quad SC-2) has 5.25 inch drivers and a slightly smaller robbon tweeter than the fronts as well but the integration is seamless as stated earlier.
Above questions raised how it will be applicable with dedicated sub woofers set up & if no dedicated sub woofers set up?
Subwoofer has no impact on the integration between center and fronts.

To my ears, its a must. You don't want your fronts to sound different from the center, especially when all three front speakers are churning out sound at the same time. Timbre/tonal matching is very difficult unless you are able to audition the fronts and the center and decide for yourself whether they sound right and in sync.

Can be however. My front floorstanders are three way (Quad S5) whereas my center is two way (Quad SC-2) but the integration is seamless.

No. My front floorstanders (Quad S5) have 6.5 inch drivers whereas my center (Quad SC-2) has 5.25 inch drivers and a slightly smaller robbon tweeter than the fronts as well but the integration is seamless as stated earlier.

Subwoofer has no impact on the integration between center and fronts.
Thank You

Of course a big Technical question asked just like that. Anyhow experts can come out explaining it simply with pros & cons?
Front L/R and Center should be ideally of same brand and same driver size because they work a lot together. So, phase match is important. Alternately, rear can be different brand. But preferring same make boosts low frequency if the drivers are in bigger size.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back