Center and Rear speakers with Wharfedale 220 as front

Rajkumars

I need help in selecting a center channel and rear speakers ...... I have Wharfedale 220 as fronts.

Hi Rajkumars,

For the center channel you can timber match with the Wharfedale Diamond 220C, while for the surrounds you can either opt for a pair of Diamond 220 or go for diffused surround sound by opting for Diamond DFS 10. Now HiFimart is running a 20% discount scheme on Wharfedale products , so grab it with both hands.

I need help in selecting a center channel and rear speakers ...... I have Wharfedale 220 as fronts.

Hi, Fully agree with bobby, and with the 20% off you won't get a better price.
BTW, how are the 220's? Please do spare some time and give us a review with the type / genre of music etc.,

Hi Rajkumars,

For the center channel you can timber match with the Wharfedale Diamond 220C, while for the surrounds you can either opt for a pair of Diamond 220 or go for diffused surround sound by opting for Diamond DFS 10. Now HiFimart is running a 20% discount scheme on Wharfedale products , so grab it with both hands.

Is diamond DFS 10 better than 220?

Hi Rajkumars,

Any idea about how long ... the 20% discount scheme on Wharfedale products will stay

I am using the same 220 as fronts.
Ordered 220c for center.

Not sure what to buy for surrounds.
There is a diamond 210( with 4 inch woofer) smaller in size than 220.
Will it be good for surrounds?
Is it better to spend more for 220 itself for surrounds?

I think the DFS speakers work in a different way than bookshelf. What we get will be reflected sounds from walls and not the direct sounds from speakers. This is illustrated in the manual came with 220.

I am planning to shift Wharfedale diamond 220 bookshelves to rear ..... And buy some other bookshelf speakers for fronts

Try keeping center and front speakers for same series to avoid any mismatch in sound. Doing so will ensure you have consistent sound, surround speakers need not be of the same brand, but since you are looking at Wharfedale Diamond 210, it would be a good match for existing setup and keeping sound signature same.

Try keeping center and front speakers for same series to avoid any mismatch in sound. Doing so will ensure you have consistent sound, surround speakers need not be of the same brand, but since you are looking at Wharfedale Diamond 210, it would be a good match for existing setup and keeping sound signature same.

I am planning to buy Boston Acoustics A26 as fronts.......and use my Diamond 220 as rears ..,.and buy a center that will match Boston Acoustics A26

I want to know .... Are Boston Acoustics A26 boomy/muddy ..... I don't want boomy bass ....

If its boomy .... Please suggest me some other model....

Hi Raj,

I am planning to Purchase, Wharfedale 220, can you please share your experience about the sound quality and performance

Wharfedale 220 is awesome .... no distortion .,..warm sound .... not boomy ...... but lacks bass that's it .

This will be a matching center for 220 Fronts. If changing to BA A26 Fronts better to have center from same to have uniformity in L,C,R.

I am planning to get Wharfedale 10.2 for fronts.....or else something which has better bass from wharfedales

Are you using this setup for music also? Or only for movies?
What is the size of your room?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back