Center Speaker for denon 1610 with Mission M34i

saurabh81

Hi,

I have bought Denon 1610 AVR and have decided Mission M34i FS.

I am looking for matching Center Speaker.

After digging thru the forums, i found that Center and front speakers should be from the same range. That leaves me with following choices in order of popularity:

1. M3C2i
2. M3C2i
3. MH-3 Center

1. Are there any other options apart from Mission?
2. In Bangalore, apart from Music Ranch and Cinebels is there any other dealer who can give better deal in Mission (I'll buy Mission M34i also).

I'll be adding Polk PSW 110 Sub after some time and Surrounds (yet to decide)later.

Hi,

After digging thru the forums, i found that Center and front speakers should be from the same range. That leaves me with following choices in order of popularity:

1. M3C2i
2. M3C2i
3. MH-3 Center

2. In Bangalore, apart from Music Ranch and Cinebels is there any other dealer who can give better deal in Mission (I'll buy Mission M34i also).

I'll be adding Polk PSW 110 Sub after some time and Surrounds (yet to decide)later.

some qs -
how much does the mission spkr cost
how does the mission + denon combo sound ( In detailing ) and is bass not taken care by the speaker itself ?

asking these since im also considering the same combo ..

Last edited:
Hi,

1. M3C2i
2. M3C2i
3. MH-3 Center

Hi,

1. The M3C2i is a good choice, not sure about other center channel speakers with M34i.

2. And AFAIK there are no other dealers for Mission in B'lore. But can cross check the quoted price with Sound N Vision, Pune........and bargain on that pretext with the dealer. I did the same thing for my Mv8 at Music Ranch and got a disc of 8K on the 5C setup and a disc of 3K on the sub.

cheers

some qs -
how much does the mission spkr cost
how does the mission + denon combo sound ( In detailing ) and is bass not taken care by the speaker itself ?

asking these since im also considering the same combo ..

Hi,

The Denon+Mission is a good combo, I've a 2310+Mv8 combo bought recently, but yet to test it to the fullest power........ waiting for this week end to do some demos, and below are the list of demos I'm going to play this weekend,

DTS Blu-Ray Demo Disc 2006/07/08/09
Dolby - The Sound Of High Definition I/II
Pioneer Pure Vision 2006 Blu-Ray Demonstration
Pioneer Blu-Ray HD Audio Demo 2007
Pioneer The KURO Experience Disc 2008
Sony Bravia 2007 Demo Sketches Of Spain
Sony Bravia 2009 Demo Beauty Of Earth
Sharp AQUOS XS Model Demo Video
Panasonic '07 VIERA Demonstration Disc Vol.1/2
2009 Samsung TV Demonstration Blu-Ray Disc Vol.1
Hi-Definition Reference Disc

and more to come in future.

Will post the results about SQ hopefully by this sunday or monday.

And a small request to all, I'm interested in having the original DVD's of these Demo Disc, any idea whether it is available for sale on the net(i could not find it anywhere.) or if any DVD/BLURAY dealers can get it for me and I'm ready to pay for the same. It would be of great help.

A whole lot of it is there in this website, but not for sale i guess

DTS THX Dolby Demo DVD HD-DVD Blu-Ray Discs

cheers,
thanks.

Thanks a lot,
@maniac 2004, I have bought Denon, and decided Mission M34i FS but not bought it, ill inform you once ill buy it (this week)...

As of now every one suggested M3C2i and i can get it from Music Ranch...
Any othere choices???

Last edited:
Hi,

1. The M3C2i is a good choice, not sure about other center channel speakers with M34i.

2. And AFAIK there are no other dealers for Mission in B'lore. But can cross check the quoted price with Sound N Vision, Pune........and bargain on that pretext with the dealer. I did the same thing for my Mv8 at Music Ranch and got a disc of 8K on the 5C setup and a disc of 3K on the sub.

cheers

How much did MV8 cost you???
I called up Vijaya Sales Mumbai, they told me M34i is discontinued and is replaced by MV8, is it correct?
Apart from MV8 which other speakers did u took and what was the cost???

How much did MV8 cost you???
I called up Vijaya Sales Mumbai, they told me M34i is discontinued and is replaced by MV8, is it correct?
Apart from MV8 which other speakers did u took and what was the cost???

Hi,

I'm not sure about the discontinuity of M34i, i guess Music Ranch has one demo pair of the same at this moment, if you want you can try demoing it. They also have the Mv8 for demoing, paired with Marantz 4003 i guess......... At first I wanted to get my self an assorted HT, but unfortunately some unexpected expenditure crept in and because of that budget constraint I went in for Mission Mv8. But overall it a good VFM, and hopefully my entire setup will be ready by tomorrow......if that's the case then you can drop in for a demo at my place (i've already got some requests from a couple of them).

I also demoed KEF IQ series and Polk audio at ProFX, B&W, Onkyo and Jamo at Modern World, Epos at Refrence Point, Wharfedale at TotalSound and Vector Sys.

cheers.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back