Center speaker suggestion for Denon X1400H

kmathan88

Hi all,

I am planning to upgrade my center speaker for now. And my budget is limited to 15K to 20K.
I had Pioneer Andrew Jones in mind, but now I am inclined towards Taga Harmony Platinum LCR-60 SL.

Since my budget is limited, I can only update center speaker for now, If I go with LCR-60, later I can go with identical front and surround (or matching speaker).
I might have to wait another year for front speakers upgrade. So, will LCR-60 with my current Pioneer speaker will spoil the experience or I can live with it before I get chance to upgrade front / surround ?

AVR: Denon X1400H - 5.1.2
5.1 Speaker - Pioneer S-RS3TB (7.5 years old)
Ceiling Atmos: Focal dome

Left and Right tower is 6 feet apart now. (table length is 6 feet)
Living room is 16x12. I watch most movies at 45 to 50 volume (0-100). 90% movies, 10% music. I feel center is most active than other speakers.
If I get LCR-60, I will place it on table for now. I can wall mount once I have 3x LCR-60. I am yet to audition any system so far.

Option1:
1xLCR now, 4xLCR later

Option2:
1xLCR now, 2xLCR later, 2xFocal dome later.

Open for suggestion, different brands / models.
I am ok to buy from amazon.in (so that I can make use of the vouchers I have).

My other threads:
https://www.hifivision.com/threads/showcase-your-audio-video-setup-here.1167/page-98#post-758529
https://www.hifivision.com/threads/atmos-speaker-for-denon-x-1400h.68877/

Thanks in advance.

@elangoas I need your input on Taga Harmony Platinum LCR-60 SL. It is available for 15k in amazon.in.

I saw the prices have spiked recently.. but, 15K is a great price.. grab it..

Is it over kill for Denon x1400H ?

Nope.. Why?.. I too have Denon, x 3300.. I love the combo..

So, will LCR-60 with my current Pioneer speaker will spoil the experience or I can live with it before I get chance to upgrade front / surround ?

I don't think so.. Only thing is it may sound more prominent than Pioneer..

Option1:
1xLCR now, 4xLCR later

This is best approach IMO.. I have the same speakers.. 5 of them, all mounted vertically..

Option2:
1xLCR now, 2xLCR later, 2xFocal dome later.

This is also better.. But do it if you can't get 5 x LCR 60..

If I get LCR-60, I will place it on table for now.

Yup.. From your room pics, that would be better position.. Even though, horizontal center seem to have some compromise, you always have the option of flipping the center speaker vertical and making it the better, when you can (in future)..

I can wall mount once I have 3x LCR-60.

Yup.. This LCR 60 has wall mount provision, both horizontally and vertically..

BTW, i think i got all 5 of my speakers from the same seller (S-GRID) on ebay.in..

I saw the prices have spiked recently.. but, 15K is a great price.. grab it..

BTW, i think i got all 5 of my speakers from the same seller (S-GRID) on ebay.in..
That's great. I want to order ASAP.
I will see if I can audition it somewhere this week itself.

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
I am worried about losing the offer price. So, placed the order without having any demo. Hopefully my choice won't disappoint me.

@elangoas I want to ask about sub-woofer Is it ok to mix and match SW brand / model. Since I already have a pioneer SW, can I still go and add 2nd SW of some other brand. Will it help ?

You can add different sub.. But have read that adding a 2nd identical subwoofer is better as it will also produce the similar freq response as the 1st sub.. You will benefit from +3dB by adding 2nd sub..

If both subs positioned ideally in room location, will help you for a smoother response around your listening position..

Received the speaker today. Considerable improvement from my pioneer center. Happy about the choice. Thanks @elangoas.

Sure, it is dominating my LR speakers now. Will try to run audyssey tomorrow.

Cant wait to upgrade others speakers now . Looks like sound bar for my 43 inch tv.

Attachments

• 20180813_204453.jpg
    20180813_204453.jpg
    773.6 KB · Views: 57
Received the speaker today. Considerable improvement from my pioneer center. Happy about the choice. Thanks @elangoas.

Glad you liked them..

Sure, it is dominating my LR speakers now. Will try to run audyssey tomorrow.

Cant wait to upgrade others speakers now . Looks like sound bar for my 43 inch tv.

Think the price has come down to 14K on amazon.in now.. Time to upgrade to identical fronts ;)..

Saw the price, but from different seller though. I am thinking about SW upgrade next.
What do you think ?

Yeah right.. diff seller.. Lesser ratings than the one you got it from..

I think identical L-C-R first / best IMO.. But you may not get the same speaker for the same price later.. You existing sub can do the duty for some more time..

Hello all,

I decided to get new speakers for Front and probably for the surround as well. This is to replace my aging Pioneer speakers.
As of now, I have
AVR: Denon X1400H - 5.1.2
Front, surround and SW from Pioneer S-RS3TB package.
Ceiling Atmos: Focal dome.
Center: LCR-60 SL.

Note: I like floor standing for the look of it. Budget is ~40K. I can upgrade Front alone if required, surround can wait. Usage is mostly movies, downloaded Atmos, Netflix, Prime, ..

Option1: I like this, but pricing seems to be on the higher side. Or I have to get some different series from Taga.
2x Taga Harmony Platinum F-90 SL, 2x S-90 SL.

Option2: I like my current Pioneer speaker and not sure if my ears can differentiate the timber match. Or should I consider speakers from other brands as well ?
2x Pioneer SP-FS52, 2x Focal dome.

Option3:
2x LCR-60 SL., 2x S-90 SL.

Option4:
2x LCR-60 SL., 2x Focal dome.

Option5:
4x LCR-60 SL.

New purchase will be mostly once the lock down is relaxed in Bangalore. Please suggest.

Thanks,

Option5: 4x LCR-60 SL.

This will be the best option.. Identical speakers for bed channels. I have 5 x LCR 60 SL for bed channels..

Don't think you would be able to locate LCR 60 SL.. Few months back, i tried and couldn't do it.. Please check again with dealers, online.. Incase, you locate, you would be lucky. to have identical speakers for L-C-R.

You can look for alternate options like BS from Taga Platinum range (v2) for fronts to timbre match with center.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back