Cheap vs Expensive Media Streamers?

My bad! I typed "bit stream" instead of "output". I need a device with compatibility with major Indian OTT platforms so that I can enjoy the content in surround sound as far as possible.

Okay, cool. I doubt that’s going to be a differentiating factor among the streaming boxes.

I have an Apple TV 4K and it’s fine for my streaming needs as long as my internet is stable. I don’t have rips to playback though. Between the quality of AV available through iTunes and Apple TV+, I don’t see myself wishing for another streaming box.

I was using a firetv 4K earlier and it's great, the UI is good with no ads and Amazon keep sending updates. While it can do all OTT AV streaming it doesn't support audio playback personal media content beyond DDPlus & Atmos.

Recently got Nvidia shield pro 19 and it doubles up as a OTT streamer & personal media files player via Kodi. Supports all AV formats upto DTS, DTS HD, TrueHD, DTS X & Atmos. (Same like zidoo & hiviq15). 2 USB 3 slots So u can connect ur HDDs.

Only downside is that it doesn't support iso.
So as long as ur fine with that. Nvidia is an all rounder. Just that the UI is not ad free on Android.

I was using a firetv 4K earlier and it's great, the UI is good with no ads and Amazon keep sending updates. While it can do all OTT AV streaming it doesn't support audio playback personal media content beyond DDPlus & Atmos.

Thanks for your response! Did FireTv 4k stream surround sound audio from all supporting OTT platforms? Did u face any issues with audio output?

Thanks for your response! Did FireTv 4k stream surround sound audio from all supporting OTT platforms? Did u face any issues with audio output?
Yes Firetv 4K does it all. Netflix, Prime & Disney last i was using. Even more OTT streaming services have started 5.1 recently but haven't checked as i only have these 3 subscriptions and Discovery +
If the service has multi ch support I'm sure it will support it. Updates keep coming too. Other FM can confirm about other services. Initially when a new service launches 5.1 it may be problematic but eventually it will do.
I could play back personal media also via VLC & Nova apps. They even fetch subtitles automatically. But only do DDPlus as it's an Amazon licencing constraint.

There is also a newer Firetv Max & cube available on Amazon India.

After weighing in opinions from various users across the globe and considering inputs from our FMs, I have finally decided to get Fire TV 4K Max.

The Fire TV Cube is a better device but various users reported Adaptive HDR issues with Cube when connected to AVR, hence gave up on it.

After weighing in opinions from various users across the globe and considering inputs from our FMs, I have finally decided to get Fire TV 4K Max.

The Fire TV Cube is a better device but various users reported Adaptive HDR issues with Cube when connected to AVR, hence gave up on it.
Good buy 👍🏼 share ur experience with it once set up

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back