Looking out for a H.T setup for living room

Hello Everyone
was a passive reader of the posts in this forum till now going through various threads on building a new H.T setup at home. My requirements are as follows.
  1. need a HT setup for my living room - budget of 1.5 L (Max)
  2. Am fine for a 2.1 setup with room for improvements later
  3. Movies 70% and Music - 30%
  4. Source of Movies - only OTT
  5. Source of Music - FIO MP3 player, Ipod, Mobile phone
  6. Some TV viewing mostly News (cant imagine Arnab's voice in any HT setup though!)
  7. AVR - Denon X2700H(75K~90K)/Yamaha V6A (~60K)- budget wise i'm inclined towards V6A
  8. not very keen on 8K. my current TV is LG UHD/4K.
  9. Dolby ATmos i can live with height virtualization (since i understand we cannot achieve ATMOS with 2.1 and without ceiling speakers)
  10. Centre - Q 3090i (centre), Q3010i(front), Q3060S(Sub) - if i include or replace centre with Q3050i then budget goes awry
  11. Taga Harmony TAV-606 V 3 (~35K) - not sure on diff between Taga and Q Acoustic given above
  12. Have not seen other brands like ELAC, Polk etc.
  13. Location - Chennai
  14. Request experts from here to guide me on the setup, AVR, other speaker brands and models and shops in chennai with any current sales whom i can contact. Also how will i know whether my TV will support such a setup?
I would suggest to go for a Demo Elac Debut Series, JBL Stage Line Up and one more BIC America all the three have made really some great budget freindly speakers. True value for money.

Elac Debut series need a very beefy power amp to make them truly sing. This is one of the major problems of many FMs here who have tried to drive them with integrated amps outputting only a puny 50 or 60 watts per channel or with AVRs (God forbid ) and then faulted the speakers.
These need dedicated 100watts - 120 watts per channel class AB power amp or a 30watt pure class A power amp. Pair them with a good tube preamplifier and only then the Elacs perform at par (if not better ) than speakers in the 1.2 - 1.5L price range.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back