Cheapest 85 inch TV

Oxy

I really don't want to spend more than 3 lakhs. Is the VU Masterpiece the only available option? To what extent can I expect the dealers to come down on the Sony X85J price (currently 4.56 lakhs on Amazon)?

I really don't want to spend more than 3 lakhs. Is the VU Masterpiece the only available option? To what extent can I expect the dealers to come down on the Sony X85J price (currently 4.56 lakhs on Amazon)?
Good question. It was 5.45 L with X80H that came down to 4.84 lakhs in less than a season and now an X85J which has an object oriented picture processing algo added for 4.56 lakhs. Electronics in large screens have the potential to reduce. I expect by Jan Feb it will be listed at 4.2 and next year same time it would be a better version with more features(FALD for example) for 3.x. however at that price point the demand may also be more and so it won't go lower than 3.7-3.8 lakhs. That's my guess.

Vu has no physical service centers for their entire range of products. They only have a on-door service across sizes. Infact in 85" category, applicable to all manufacturers, the TV sets would only be attended at home to cut logistics costs.

However if there are no brick and mortar service centers where we only are at the mercy of someone hypothetically out there somewhere who will come and fix our TV, it is unnecessary anxiety if there is delay in attending our calls. So that's why Vu and Mi are to be considered with a caveat. Just my opinion.

Thanks @Donivlapog for the prompt reply. I am also thinking if buying a short throw projector such as the Samsung Premiere would be the way to go (don't want to hang a projector on the living room ceiling as I think it will look weird). But either of these options (Projector or the TV) are not going to be easy on my wallet though.

Thanks @Donivlapog for the prompt reply. I am also thinking if buying a short throw projector such as the Samsung Premiere would be the way to go (don't want to hang a projector on the living room ceiling as I think it will look weird). But either of these options (Projector or the TV) are not going to be easy on my wallet though.

A 4k projector is nice but it's a challenge for some to adjust to something new.
My brother has a projector, which has become their main viewing platform in their lobby .
But they also retain their old sony 48" in a bedroom .
I have a low cost projector ,which I didnt use much. And now happy with my 65" oled.
I found the convenience of a tv to be the usp.

A 4k projector is nice but it's a challenge for some to adjust to something new.
My brother has a projector, which has become their main viewing platform in their lobby .
But they also retain their old sony 48" in a bedroom .
I have a low cost projector ,which I didnt use much. And now happy with my 65" oled.
I found the convenience of a tv to be the usp.
Thank you.

Yeah I agree the living room will look incomplete without a TV. But am unable to convince myself to spend 4.5L on one. VU Masterpiece looks very good on paper, else will look at some 75 inchers.

Thank you.

Yeah I agree the living room will look incomplete without a TV. But am unable to convince myself to spend 4.5L on one. VU Masterpiece looks very good on paper, else will look at some 75 inchers.
If you call this # +918667681304 and ask for Dharani Croma Annanagar and ask him for a best quote.

I am based in Bangalore, not in Chennai. Thanks anyhow.
They ship pan India but that's not the point. You can have that as a reference range and look at other places for lesser price range and can get the best price in contemporary times.

You want to spend 3 lakhs on a Chinese brand tv.
If they shut shop tomorrow, all the warranties will be useless in the absence of spares. And its not as if these TVs have easily swappable parts with other brands.

TCL is just 2 lakhs but brightness is 350-400 nits. It has its own thread also. Vu is 50k more but is bright in the QLED range. Some of the forum members have bought the Vu 85" TV but haven't commented about its performance so far.

VU 85 inch has its own thread, a forum member has bought it. Here is the link to that thread:

Have you guys explored the possibility of buying an old stock unsold 85" model (like 8000H 2020 model) for a discount? It is so obvious that demo pieces in this size are not frequent as they seldom display 85" TVs in offline stores, so I hinted unsold units. Unsold units also are sold off at discounts as it blocks storage space for the dealers. You'd be surprised to find good deals like it.

Pardon me my ignorance, but in an Indian cost context, wouldn't an 85" real estate be better suited to a 4k or faux 4K projector at that cost?

Have you guys explored the possibility of buying an old stock unsold 85" model (like 8000H 2020 model) for a discount? It is so obvious that demo pieces in this size are not frequent as they seldom display 85" TVs in offline stores, so I hinted unsold units. Unsold units also are sold off at discounts as it blocks storage space for the dealers. You'd be surprised to find good deals like it.
I might be wrong but I don't think any dealer would stock this size unless they get an order. As you said it would occupy a large space if it is unsold for some months.

Thanks for the tip though, will call a few stores and enquire.

One of the offline dealers I visit for general home electronics (from fridges to TVs) had a lot of display models. From small 32" various chinese brand TVs to 75" Samsungs and even an 85" or two, at two separate occasions I have seen both an 85" Samsung and TCL, as well as many OLEDs there side by side. On one occasion they even had a 100" (approx) Panasonic IIRC. They easily have over 50 TVs on display usually.

Just got a quote of 3.83L (plus 20k cashback) for the X85J (85 inch), and 2.62L (plus 15k cashback) for the X90J (75 inch).

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back