Vu launches affordable 98-inch smart TV

They have also launched the 85” version for 3 lakhs.

The 85” when it goes down around 2 lacs will be a good buy if it has a good number of zones (250+).

Their 85" has been there for a while right? Priced at 2.55 lakhs something.
Not the same model. This is a new model.

The old model was 85QPX, new one is 85QV. I see that it has 204W speaker vs 50W, HDMI 2.1 vs 2.0 and google tv vs android tv.

Not sure how much better the panel is. I hope at least more zones. Let’s see

I wonder if 98" screens might become a common commodity in 2 to 3 years something like today's 85" demand levels or potential customer base. The big three had a price tag of 15 to 20 lakhs owing to import duty and gst on the spiked retail price as a result. But this Vu is assembled here in India and so they can offer at 6 lakhs. Still a big risk as panels may not be available as spare part for that huge size. So while it lasts without repair is a bonus. Three years warranty is intriguing.

I wonder if 98" screens might become a common commodity in 2 to 3 years something like today's 85" demand levels or potential customer base. The big three had a price tag of 15 to 20 lakhs owing to import duty and gst on the spiked retail price as a result. But this Vu is assembled here in India and so they can offer at 6 lakhs. Still a big risk as panels may not be available as spare part for that huge size. So while it lasts without repair is a bonus. Three years warranty is intriguing.
The 85” one is the interesting one here.

98” costs too much for a basic FALD set. You can get 85” Sony X95k and soon enough X95L for significantly cheaper price and those are miniLED sets with much higher PQ. Size difference between 85 and 98 won’t be that much and at that size even minor PQ differences are apparent.

The 85” one however is released cheaper than the previous model which launched for 3.5 lakhs. I’m assuming this will come down to 2.25-2.3 within a year and will be a good deal. That one already had 256 dimming zones, this should have equal or more. Would be a killer deal near 2 lacs

I don't understand. if 85 inch is 3L, how is 6L a justified price for 13 more inches ? for VU brand, I wont call this affordable at all

Vu launches affordable 98-inch smart TV

Vu Televisions, the Indian television brand, has launched a new Smart TV in the market, the Vu 98 Masterpiece TV. This new television model aims to provide customers with a cinema-like experience right in the comfort of their homes. Priced at Rs 6,00,000, it is exclusively available for purchase on Amazon!
Pray tell me Sir....you did not just call a TV costing 6Lakh affordable!

Pray tell me Sir....you did not just call a TV costing 6Lakh affordable!
Some people find this price not bad. Infact 77" OLED was once bought by a hfv forumer for 5.25 lakhs and at that time it was around 7 lakhs something. 65" was at 2 to 2.5 but those 12 inches of real estate cost him 5.25 L which was a smart buy during then.

Some people find this price not bad. Infact 77" OLED was once bought by a hfv forumer for 5.25 lakhs and at that time it was around 7 lakhs something. 65" was at 2 to 2.5 but those 12 inches of real estate cost him 5.25 L which was a smart buy during then.
Well affordability of course is always subjective, still for the vast majority of us, that kind of sum for a TV is a pretty ridiculous thought.
If you can afford it though, no qualms, enjoy!

Well affordability of course is always subjective, still for the vast majority of us, that kind of sum for a TV is a pretty ridiculous thought.
If you can afford it though, no qualms, enjoy!
In 1985 my dad bought a colour VCR (video cassette recorder) for Rs.7000. It was almost 6 months salary' equivalent to most people in those days. Infact a neighbour of us bought a land in ECR with that amount. Now it is worth 1.5 crores. My dad when asked would say, "you had a fun filled childhood watching many films in colour didn't you?" - then why do you complain!!?!!

See, I am not saying it is affordable but to some, they want a spector. A grand sight. A gigantor in their hall for an immersive experience. They probably have more than what they want in life. We cant decide for them if it is affordable or not. But just can get convinced that, there is a demand for big bigger biggest screens in the market.

Just checked that these two TVs are matte screens and have IPS panels. These both will kill the effective contrast a lot, unless the TV has like 1000 zones

Sony X85L 85" is VA panel I believe. Its last year price at RD was sub 3 lakhs. X85K model.
That's not even FALD and just 500 nits brightness. That's gonna do much much worse than this in performance. Why would someone spending 3 lakhs get such a mediocre PQ.

You can get the 85" X95 series for around 4-4.5 lakhs which is a much much better TV, or get the 75" qn90b for 3 lakhs if your budget is limited.

PQ wise Yes, but just saying in that price range a Sony TV can be bought. And moreover it has a native contrast ratio of 5200:1 which the ips panel might not match. At the end of the day for lakhs of money there's got to be a bait thrown by an upcoming brand to match Sony in a like-segment pricing.

PQ wise Yes, but just saying in that price range a Sony TV can be bought. And moreover it has a native contrast ratio of 5200:1 which the ips panel might not match. At the end of the day for lakhs of money there's got to be a bait thrown by an upcoming brand to match Sony in a like-segment pricing.
Sony bottom range TVs are a money grab.

A FALD can generate much higher contrast than 5000:1 as it can generate true blacks. Theoretical max can be infinite like OLEDs if the white and black are in different zones.

3 lakh X85k makes no sense as around 4.5 you can get X95K 85”

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back