HDCP Error - VU Tv

Subscibe to HiFiMART Newsletter

muks1224

Hi,
I had Ifalcon 55 4K tv ,it developed display problem since it was under extended warranty i got a refund. Considering the current situation did not want to invest in a new TV hence started using the VU 4K Tv around 3 years old VU 40 inch K16 series Tv , when playing a through Amazon Firestick all 4K content throws up a
HDCP error, is there a way to circumvent this or i need to switch back the resolution to 1080P? Any suggestions from FM pls.

lightgamer

Hi,
I had Ifalcon 55 4K tv ,it developed display problem since it was under extended warranty i got a refund. Considering the current situation did not want to invest in a new TV hence started using the VU 4K Tv around 3 years old VU 40 inch K16 series Tv , when playing a through Amazon Firestick all 4K content throws up a
HDCP error, is there a way to circumvent this or i need to switch back the resolution to 1080P? Any suggestions from FM pls.
Is your TV HDCP 2.2/2.3 compliant? If no, then you'll have to run at 1080p. Else try changing firestick 4k to a different HDMI port. Usually, port 1 is always HDCP compliant.

htfan17

if above method doesnt work, try using any cheap HDMI splitter (test it first if u can get one from any friend) to pass the signal through it between Firestick and TV . The splitter fools the stick into thinking TV is HDCP compliant and sometimes that jugaad works