Cheapest external blu-ray burner

krishpiscean

I have a Mac book pro and want to connect an external blu ray burner. Primarily it is to backup blu-ray movies from original blu ray discs and may be burn few BDs once in a while.

What is the best option currently in the market ? I have access to US market too.

I have a Mac book pro and want to connect an external blu ray burner. Primarily it is to backup blu-ray movies from original blu ray discs and may be burn few BDs once in a while.

What is the best option currently in the market ? I have access to US market too.

If you want to get it in India then the best option is get a slim blu-ray drive and get a external case which uses 2 usb ports to connect to your mac. The adaptor should cost you less than 300. I think a direct external blu-ray drive would be costly when compared to the option that I gave you.

Thanks

Absolutely I got the same one in SP Road, Bangalore for around 400. I got the slim blu-ray drive from US last year and it works nicely. Something like this and add the adaptor and you have a external drive for less than 7k. Where as the true external blu-ray drive is around 10k the cheapest I can see on the net. In fact check out the theitdepot.com site I can see a slim drive of silverstone for around 5k which with the adaptor should be less than 5.5k.

Thanks

are you connecting on usb 2.0? Does it work fine for playback of a movie? Even with HD audio?

Yes absolutely fine. I had connected this setup to my htpc and played Tangled blu-ray disc without any issues of lagging or anything else. It plays absolutely fine no issues..I used the PowerDVD 11 for software to play the disc no issues at all...

Thanks

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back