Cheapest home theater suggestion needed

The mentioned JBL 1510 is a combo of JBL AVR101 and jbl510 5.1 speakers. But seems the entire package costs 54k (as mentioned in the below unboxing review) if it worth the money is questionable untill hearing it personally. in that price range you can consider other options given by FM's.

If i get it for under 35k is it better then Yamaha 1850?

I would suggest to get a denon 250bt and a Polk tl1600 set. Alternatively get a used avr at a price of 20k like Marantz nr1509 and PolK TL1600 set. I know it will be almost 75% increase in your budget but it will take a long time to outgrow it as against a set like YHT-1840 .

If it's a total no go then stick to tried and tested Yamaha HTiB. Personally I had a Edifier Multimedia DA5000 pro before , found Yamaha good but not mind blowing during and got the wow effect when I demoed the Polk TL1600 .

Price seems to be a good deal, but not sure on the SQ or the reliability compared to Yamaha, as I have not heard the JBL Avr / speakers. Please have a demo on both the avr and decide
Today i visited Sony center and Reliance digital for demo and i was very bad experience at both places.
At Reliance digital they kept all 5 speakers and woofer of yamaha ht1850 near avr in a single shelf and top of that sales person turned on fm radio for demo and said it doesn't comes with usb or bluetooth so fm is the only option left.
So my visit was totally worthless.
A FM is using Jbl Avr 101 i am waiting for his response.
I would suggest to get a denon 250bt and a Polk tl1600 set. Alternatively get a used avr at a price of 20k like Marantz nr1509 and PolK TL1600 set. I know it will be almost 75% increase in your budget but it will take a long time to outgrow it as against a set like YHT-1840 .

If it's a total no go then stick to tried and tested Yamaha HTiB. Personally I had a Edifier Multimedia DA5000 pro before , found Yamaha good but not mind blowing during and got the wow effect when I demoed the Polk TL1600 .
I saw Denon 250bt online but my only concern is no usb support, i may go with used avr but only if i get at lower price, i mean a basic model at lower price not a premium one.
Polk tl1600 costing almost 40k if i am not wrong i can't spend that much.
I sont know from where but if Taga harmony 506 available around 15-16k i would love to buy them but don't know why price is almost double now, is it due to corona & lock down?? Can i expect old price again?
Sorry i am asking so many questions because my knowledge on proper HT is almost zero and i am not able to get proper demo in my city Jaipur.

Today i visited Sony center and Reliance digital for demo and i was very bad experience at both places.
At Reliance digital they kept all 5 speakers and woofer of yamaha ht1850 near avr in a single shelf and top of that sales person turned on fm radio for demo and said it doesn't comes with usb or bluetooth so fm is the only option left.

I saw Denon 250bt online but my only concern is no usb support, i may go with used avr but only if i get at lower price, i mean a basic model at lower price not a premium one.
I sont know from where but if Taga harmony 506 available around 15-16k i would love to buy them but don't know why price is almost double now, is it due to corona & lock down?? Can i expect old price again?
Sorry i am asking so many questions because my knowledge on proper HT is almost zero and i am not able to get proper demo in my city Jaipur.

Hi, i am also from jaipur, had bought taga 606se 2 months back, got it shipped from chennai for 35k including shipping. Let me know if you need contact number for the dealer I got it from.

Hi, i am also from jaipur, had bought taga 606se 2 months back, got it shipped from chennai for 35k including shipping. Let me know if you need contact number for the dealer I got it from.
Hi yes please do share number. Have you tried delhi market?
1 more help as you are also from jaipur can i audition your home theater? I know i am asking too much but when i read you have Taga speaker system and you too from Jaipur i became greedy.

Hi yes please do share number. Have you tried delhi market?
1 more help as you are also from jaipur can i audition your home theater? I know i am asking too much but when i read you have Taga speaker system and you too from Jaipur i became greedy.
Sure let me share the contact. I wouldn’t mind you auditioning my system, but you’ll need to wait till my quarantine gets over (one of my contacts tested positive after we had met for diwali).

Sure let me share the contact. I wouldn’t mind you auditioning my system, but you’ll need to wait till my quarantine gets over (one of my contacts tested positive after we had met for diwali).
Hi. Can I also get the contact of the dealer? I am also looking at setting up a home theatre. I was planning on going the route of HTiB by buying the Yamaha YHT-3021IN. After going through this forum for the last few weeks, I am thinking of getting an AVR and speaker set separately. Maybe get the 3072 receiver set alone and the tag 606SE. I am from Chennai and it would be great if I could get it for less than 35k considering ooberpad is selling it for 41k now.

Thanks a lot btw do you know any place in jaipur where i can have a proper demo of different home theaters?

Someone please confirm does denon 250bt comes with usb?
Secondly what is the best price of the same?
And which one is better jbl avr 101 (jbl 1510) or denon 250bt?

Last edited:
May I know what do you need the usb for ? It can only play music files , can't playback any video files. Buy a used Bluray player and connect to AVR and you have a Bluray playback , usb playback capability

May I know what do you need the usb for ? It can only play music files , can't playback any video files. Buy a used Bluray player and connect to AVR and you have a Bluray playback , usb playback capability
Ooh i was not aware, thanks a lot for the information.
But instead of Bluray player i am planing to go for android tv box like Mi box 4k, i hope i can use Usb port of Mi box to serve the purpose.

Ok so it doesn't have usb actually while browsing some sites says usb present but mostly says not.
Anyways thanks.
Denon X250BT does not have a USB input, I ordered a couple of weeks back. But it has Bluetooth which I use to connect my phone and play music. Both Android, as well as the iPhone, connect in seconds.

Hi
I am looking for cheapest possible home theater, yes i mean it cheap means really cheap.
I saw many threads of budget home theater costing lacs, i really wonder why those systems cist so high.
Anyways my first so called home theater was sony dav-dz120k which i bought under 15k if i am not wrong, didn't serve me well despite i didn't used it much and never abused it.
From past few days again 'itch' started i hope you guys understand what i mean, so i visited nearby big electronic store 'great eastern' (btw i am from Jaipur Rajasthan ) but to my surprise forget about avr they have just 1 home theater for demo and again its sony but sound bar type priced 32k and sound was not at all impressive even i am not willing to pay 12k for that shit.
Came back home and started to check sony brochure given by sales man and found sony ht iv300 but after some research found that its very old 2014 model.
I was about to buy it for 17.5k but after reading many threads i realised it was not ny unit which gave so early its common with almost all sony ht.
Now i am looking for a home theater which can serve me for 10-15 years.
I have Philips micro hifi almost 15 years old but its still working i still use it for fm.
Btw i have 3 ohms sony 5.1 speaker & sub woofer and one 300w 4ohms car sub woofer all passive so can i use them? To save some bucks.
My uses will be 65 %music + 35% movies.
And i am really very tight on budget and won't be able to increase in future nor i will be able to spend much in future.
So please suggest me accordingly.

I saw jbl avr 101 online available under 19k + bank offer is it a good deal?
Also i read much about taga harmony tav 505 they look great, yes i like their looks because i never heard them.
I was looking at user reviews of taga 505 at amazon and found many people bought it for 15-16k but now its available at almost double price.
I am very confused now don't know what to do.

Note:- i am a new member and this is my post so please bear me and excuse my poor english and writing skills.
I was in the same boat as you and @theironhorse [Aman BHai] helped. I bought Denon X250BT AVR and Taga Harmony speakers [506 v2]. AVR for 24k from Amazon and speakers for 25K from HiFi Mart. This setup is good and gives a good audio output.
For my usage, I don't need a subwoofer so that is an additional 20k saved. The current output is enough for me.
Hope this helps.

I was in the same boat as you and @theironhorse [Aman BHai] helped. I bought Denon X250BT AVR and Taga Harmony speakers [506 v2]. AVR for 24k from Amazon and speakers for 25K from HiFi Mart. This setup is good and gives a good audio output.
For my usage, I don't need a subwoofer so that is an additional 20k saved. The current output is enough for me.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for replying, are you getting enough bass without sub woofer??when you bought your system? Where are you from?
I am also thinking of Denon X250BT with Taga Harmony speakers but price of Taga speakers currently very high maybe due to corona.
Many people bought it for 15k last year.

Thanks for replying, are you getting enough bass without sub woofer??when you bought your system? Where are you from?
I am also thinking of Denon X250BT with Taga Harmony speakers but price of Taga speakers currently very high maybe due to corona.
Yes , After lockdown prices have been increased by 15% to 20%. You can still check out with all the dealers to get a good price.

Yes, for me, the bass is more than enough. I don't want to shake the entire building, hence subwoofer not required. I am in Bangalore.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back