Cheapest home theater suggestion needed

Cooladitya007

Hi
I am looking for cheapest possible home theater, yes i mean it cheap means really cheap.
I saw many threads of budget home theater costing lacs, i really wonder why those systems cist so high.
Anyways my first so called home theater was sony dav-dz120k which i bought under 15k if i am not wrong, didn't serve me well despite i didn't used it much and never abused it.
From past few days again 'itch' started i hope you guys understand what i mean, so i visited nearby big electronic store 'great eastern' (btw i am from Jaipur Rajasthan ) but to my surprise forget about avr they have just 1 home theater for demo and again its sony but sound bar type priced 32k and sound was not at all impressive even i am not willing to pay 12k for that shit.
Came back home and started to check sony brochure given by sales man and found sony ht iv300 but after some research found that its very old 2014 model.
I was about to buy it for 17.5k but after reading many threads i realised it was not ny unit which gave so early its common with almost all sony ht.
Now i am looking for a home theater which can serve me for 10-15 years.
I have Philips micro hifi almost 15 years old but its still working i still use it for fm.
Btw i have 3 ohms sony 5.1 speaker & sub woofer and one 300w 4ohms car sub woofer all passive so can i use them? To save some bucks.
My uses will be 65 %music + 35% movies.
And i am really very tight on budget and won't be able to increase in future nor i will be able to spend much in future.
So please suggest me accordingly.

I saw jbl avr 101 online available under 19k + bank offer is it a good deal?
Also i read much about taga harmony tav 505 they look great, yes i like their looks because i never heard them.
I was looking at user reviews of taga 505 at amazon and found many people bought it for 15-16k but now its available at almost double price.
I am very confused now don't know what to do.

Note:- i am a new member and this is my post so please bear me and excuse my poor english and writing skills.

Hi
I am looking for cheapest possible home theater, yes i mean it cheap means really cheap.
I saw many threads of budget home theater costing lacs, i really wonder why those systems cist so high.
Anyways my first so called home theater was sony dav-dz120k which i bought under 15k if i am not wrong, didn't serve me well despite i didn't used it much and never abused it.
From past few days again 'itch' started i hope you guys understand what i mean, so i visited nearby big electronic store 'great eastern' (btw i am from Jaipur Rajasthan ) but to my surprise forget about avr they have just 1 home theater for demo and again its sony but sound bar type priced 32k and sound was not at all impressive even i am not willing to pay 12k for that shit.
Came back home and started to check sony brochure given by sales man and found sony ht iv300 but after some research found that its very old 2014 model.
I was about to buy it for 17.5k but after reading many threads i realised it was not ny unit which gave so early its common with almost all sony ht.
I have Philips micro hifi almost 15 years old but its still working i still use it for fm.
Btw i have 3 ohms sony 5.1 speaker & sub woofer and one 300w 4ohms car sub woofer all passive so can i use them? To save some bucks.
And i am really very tight on budget and won't be able to increase in future nor i will be able to spend much in future.

Also i read much about taga harmony tav 505 they look great, yes i like their looks because i never heard them.
I was looking at user reviews of taga 505 at amazon and found many people bought it for 15-16k but now its available at almost double price.

Note:- i am a new member and this is my post so please bear me and excuse my poor english and writing skills.
Welcome to the forum. The cheapest system should be the Sony, Philips 5.1 and also Logitech z906 should be good enough if you are willing to spend around 20k.

Welcome to the forum. The cheapest system should be the Sony, Philips 5.1 and also Logitech z906 should be good enough if you are willing to spend around 20k.
Thank you. can you please suggest some models from Sony and Philips, least interested in Logitech due to less connectivity option and no support for new Dolby audio formats.

I can easily spend 20k but after reading many post from this great forum i am willing to spend even more if i get some sweet vfm deal.
Sony or philips.
Model number please.
Go for Logitech Z906 for around 20k.
Second recommendation but isn't it too old now? With less audio format support and less connectivity option.

Hi

Hello
Welcome to our wonderful forum. However,in your post you have mentioned your use will be 65% music and the rest for movies. So I would suggest to buy an integrated Amplifier and a matching pair of speakers for two channel stereo listening. You can buy those on line or off line. For movies you may consider having a decent sound bar. Generally integrated amplifier is used for music while avr is for movies. Hence this suggestion.
Regards

Thank you. can you please suggest some models from Sony and Philips, least interested in Logitech due to less connectivity option and no support for new Dolby audio formats.

I can easily spend 20k but after reading many post from this great forum i am willing to spend even more if i get some sweet vfm deal.

Model number please.

Second recommendation but isn't it too old now? With less audio format support and less connectivity option.
Sony HT s 350 around 17 k

I haven't used but have heard nice & cool things about the Panasonic HT40. It's 'well within your budget'. You may check them out.

Model number please.

Hello
Welcome to our wonderful forum. However,in your post you have mentioned your use will be 65% music and the rest for movies. So I would suggest to buy an integrated Amplifier and a matching pair of speakers for two channel stereo listening. You can buy those on line or off line. For movies you may consider having a decent sound bar. Generally integrated amplifier is used for music while avr is for movies. Hence this suggestion.
Regards
Thanks, but i dont want to go for 2 channel setup.
Yes i will use this system mainly for music but i just love 5.1 channel surround sound effects that's why i am looking for a 5.1 setup only.
I auditioned Sony HT-S500RF and i didn't like it all so i dont think i will like S350.
I haven't used but have heard nice & cool things about the Panasonic HT40. It's 'well within your budget'. You may check them out.
I don't want anything below 5.1.

Some one pleasetell me about Jbl AVR 101.

Thanks, but i dont want to go for 2 channel setup.
Yes i will use this system mainly for music but i just love 5.1 channel surround sound effects that's why i am looking for a 5.1 setup only.

I auditioned Sony HT-S500RF and i didn't like it all so i dont think i will like S350.

I don't want anything below 5.1.

Some one pleasetell me about Jbl AVR 101.
Ok, have got your point. If you want to have 5.1 then go for it. But consider other brands besides looking for Sony alone. Don't forget to audition ( if possible in this covid situation) . It will help you getting the best or something which you like. My best wishes for your good luck. Please also let us know what you end up buying.
Cheers

Ok, have got your point. If you want to have 5.1 then go for it. But consider other brands besides looking for Sony alone. Don't forget to audition ( if possible in this covid situation) . It will help you getting the best or something which you like. My best wishes for your good luck. Please also let us know what you end up buying.
Cheers
I am open for all brands but i guess Sony is the most common brand and available with almost all major store.
I will try my best to audition befor buying but i really have no idea where i can audition different brands.
Thanks

Z906 is a little old model - you are correct. But within that budget, it's got the best feedback from users. If you can increase your budget by 6-7k, Yamaha YHT 1840 is a better option.

If you are ready for used system, you can post in Wanted section. Some of forum members who are on upgrade may like to part with their existing HT systems. If you can wait for a while you may get better HT system within your budget, which can cost double the amount otherwise.

Z906 is a little old model - you are correct. But within that budget, it's got the best feedback from users. If you can increase your budget by 6-7k, Yamaha YHT 1840 is a better option.
I have no issue with older models but no support for newer audio formats is big issue,
Yamaha 1840 yes i heard a lot about it, if i get something real vfm by increasing my budget i will increase. What is the mop of the same?
If you are ready for used system, you can post in Wanted section. Some of forum members who are on upgrade may like to part with their existing HT systems. If you can wait for a while you may get better HT system within your budget, which can cost double the amount otherwise.i
I am not sure about used system because i want something reliable that can work for 10 years minimum.

I have no issue with older models but no support for newer audio formats is big issue,
Yamaha 1840 yes i heard a lot about it, if i get something real vfm by increasing my budget i will increase. What is the mop of the same?

I am not sure about used system because i want something reliable that can work for 10 years minimum.

Even companies dont offer warranty to that extent , life of any new/used product beyond warranty is a combination of luck and usage. Without listening to your existing Sony setup we wont be able to really tell if its going to be a huge upgrade or not, Yamaha would most likely have experience centers in major cities, if not present in Jaipur see if amazon has a return policy and you can purchase then return it if you dont really like it. As suggested above at a budget of 30k the Yamaha YHT-1840 makes most sense

Even companies dont offer warranty to that extent , life of any new/used product beyond warranty is a combination of luck and usage. Without listening to your existing Sony setup we wont be able to really tell if its going to be a huge upgrade or not, Yamaha would most likely have experience centers in major cities, if not present in Jaipur see if amazon has a return policy and you can purchase then return it if you dont really like it. As suggested above at a budget of 30k the Yamaha YHT-1840 makes most sense
I agree with you life of an electronic device depends on your luck/usage but also depends on quality like my sony ht's sub woofer enclosure is in very bad shape and i am not using it since long, whil my Philips 2.0 speaker system even older then Sony have no such issues its working fine.
I just googled after reading your comment we have a Yamaha music square in jaipur i called them but no reply they deal in yamaha music instruments for sure but i am not sure about HT.
Amazon don't have return policy as far as i understand they have just replacement policy.
What's your opinion on Jbl avr 101?

Quality is very relative these days, cant rely on big brands either. I have TV's from LG & Samsung both models in their flagship range, just 2.5 years old and both TV's have started giving issues. So in such scenarios more than the brand i would suggest you to focus on their customer service levels , LG has given me a good solution to the issue whereas Samsung have not even contacted , been a month so far.

Not really heard the JBL AVR 101, i have heard the Yamaha 1840 but found a combination of Polk TL1600 + AVR to be much better and VFM despite being much more expensive so I had increased the budget and went for one. Check for ProFX in your city if you can up your budget by a bigger margin.

Last edited:
Quality is very relative these days, cant rely on big brands either. I have TV's from LG & Samsung both models in their flagship range, just 2.5 years old and both TV's have started giving issues. So in such scenarios more than the brand i would suggest you to focus on their customer service levels , LG has given me a good solution to the issue whereas Samsung have not even contacted , been a month so far.

Not really heard the JBL AVR 101, i have heard the Yamaha 1840 but found a combination of Polk TL1600 + AVR to be much better and VFM despite being much more expensive so I had increased the budget and went for one. Check for ProFX in your city if you can up your budget by a bigger margin.
Yes even i have got very good service support from Lg for my tv. I checked ProFX website store locator but sadly none in Jaipur.
Jbl AVR 101 is also known as Jbl cinema 1510 its a combo of Avr + 5.1 speakers.

The mentioned JBL 1510 is a combo of JBL AVR101 and jbl510 5.1 speakers. But seems the entire package costs 54k (as mentioned in the below unboxing review) if it worth the money is questionable untill hearing it personally. in that price range you can consider other options given by FM's.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back