Checklist to avoid buying Demo Piece

tellranga

Friends,
I have seen the guidelines posted by Mad to find out the usage hours of Panasonic Plasma. Many people got benifitted, so a special Oooo to Mad.
The very feeling that so many people are being duped by the showroom person, feeling very much pizzed off.
I am 100% sure we dont have this option of cross checking for other expensive electronic items like LCD, Home Theatere etc.
I am also sure that showroom person, can easily sell a demo piece to us, which is almost a second hand stuff with a very neat packing infact better than the original manufacturer did in the factory. Seeing the pack we will never be suspicious even if he claims that it is a fresh piece.

I am not saying that all Showrooms are cheaters. At the same time I will also not say that all Showrooms are reliable.
The objective of this thread is we should not just rely on our luck or get carried away by a salesperson's words about the freshness of the piece. Beyond that we should do some thing additional .

If we have our forum members working for any showroom / forum members who have good experience in the retail industry / any forum member for instance, I request them to volunteer inorder to highlight points which a consumer should consider when shopping LCD tv or HT to ensure he is buying only an original sealed pack.

We will try to follow this format for better readability,
Checklist for LCD TV before buying
Point 1) TBD
Point 2) TBD

Checklist for Home Theatere before buying
Point 1) TBD
Point 2) TBD

Will add more electronic items based on the response.

So friends, it is all yours....
:signthankspin:

Last edited:
Ranga, nice idea, but can you create this in each thread rather than creating it in Chit Chat?

It will have more value in Television, Speakers, Amplifiers sections like the price thread.

Ranga, nice idea, but can you create this in each thread rather than creating it in Chit Chat?

It will have more value in Television, Speakers, Amplifiers sections like the price thread.
Sure,
I have done it for Television & HT. We will initiate for dedicated thread for each section based on the response.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back