Chennai-HFV Meet 1 - 6 Dec 2009

Hi all,

It is great to hear that the meet went on extremely well and nice to see the photos with which we could relate to the names. The presentation slides are very informative and much helpful for a beginner like me.

Wish i also had the opportunity to attend and meet you all. Hoping for another time.

Great job. Keep it up.

swami

Friends,
Because of an urgent call (I am sure anybody can guess who the caller was,:eek:hyeah:) I was forced to leave Ignite after 7:30 pm.
Apologies for leaving the place without informing anybody. I though I will be back in half an hour and did my very best to be back ASAP, but unfortunately could not make it.
Thank god, I atleast got the call only after Venkat's presentation.

Ram,
Can you post/pm the contact details of the stabilizer guy please (also yours if you don't mind).

Last edited:
The snaps are not showing properly on my laptop. from the top only anout 30% is shown and rest is a greyed out. I have tried different browsers and laptops. anybody else having the problem?

Here is the first of the group pic...await more :)

dlj1c9.jpg

Guys, pls PM me and identify yourself in the pic (if wrong) so I can update the list. Forgive me, I am very bad in remembering names and numbers (my own phone number is stored in my phone :p )

Row 1 (on the steps, left to right):
1. Sridhar (Srikarkav)
2. Mohammed Ghouse (ghouseam)
3. Vinay (Psychotropic)
4. Venkat CR - the Dancing King!
5. Bala (Vortex)
6. Urs Truly (MBR)

Row 2 (on the floor, left to right):
1. Srisundar (Srinisundar)
2. Dr.Ganesh (gannyboy)
3. Capt. Rajesh
4. Ramesh (KingFisher)
5. Arjun (Sound_Advice)
6. Venkat
7. Sashi Kumar
8. venkatesh (svenkateshsmart)
9. Naseer
10. Mark (Craftel)

one more pic:
33yna6a.jpg

People missing in the group picture:

Raghav (Flanker)

2zid7y9.jpg

Nik (Thad-E-Ginathom) in kurtha and dhothi

16c0329.jpg

Dear friends,
Good to hear that the meet went off well and I really missed meeting you all.My presence would have immensely benefited a beginner like me to hear many technical aspects presented by Mr.Venkat and the gentleman from Alpha Power.Many friends have taken immense pains to make the meet lively.Though I did not come for the meet I sincerely thank everyone who made the meet lively and interesting. More than anything I missed making new friends.I had to go to my native place very urgently and hence could not meet you all.I am eagerly awaiting for the next meet.
With regards to everyone,
pksnathan

Dear folks, Nice to know that the 1st HFV meet went off very well and you guys had a great time. Hoping to be part of the meet next time at least.

Venkat, nice slides which put complex matters in a simple fashion, thanks for the initiative and for the others who made this happen. BTW, that sound diffuser, is it available in chennai or DIY is the only way? Because, i am getting some echo from my speaker, not sure how to tackle it.

Last edited:
BTW, that sound diffuser, is it available in chennai or DIY is the only way? Because, i am getting some echo from my speaker, not sure how to tackle it.

The sound diffuser shown in my presentation was an image picked up from the Net. This will not be available in Chennai.

Sound diffusers have to be made as a DIY project. You can try a simpler way of making/buying sound absorbers to ward off echoing.

Cheers

great show that was..the meet up!! one thing.. it makes u feel good ..cos u realise that you are not the only crazy guy ( as always pointed out by ur wives ) around...but infact ther s a whole lot of crazier guys around talking and doing even crazier stuff ha ha.. Thanks flanker for the place..and ram for running the show..and Venkat sir...you are awesome..the contents of your presentation and explanation u gave for each point..if can be written as a book..can be aptly called as " HiFi for dummies" ...but seriously it was excellent ..u made such a complex topic simple, covering the basics of almost everything related to setting a sound system..we want more from you sir...Mark has promised to demo his prototype stereo amps and book shelf speakers in budget range at the next meeting...everyone s eager already....and samosas were yumm!! .. me adding a few more pics!!

Attachments

• GAN_9568.jpg
    GAN_9568.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 158
  • GAN_9585.jpg
    GAN_9585.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Seems like a lot of fun. Would love to participate in one of this meets sometime somewhere.:) Hope many more places will follow the footsteps of Chennai.

Last edited:
You mean as a dhoti, between the legs... no.

Well, yes, I have experimented! But, for every-day wear, and for this climate, the simple vesti suits very well indeed :cool:

I started on Vencat's slides, and really wish I'd been there. The power supply stuff, too, would probably have been the chance to answer some questions I've had for a couple of years.

My congratulations to the Chennai audiophiles for organising & participating in this inaugural meet- may there be many more.
Do have a meet where you play & enjoy various types of music;after all , thats the objective of this great hobby !
And if you could also audition valve amps & single driver speakers, that would be the icing on the cake.

Hi,

Looks like everyone had a good time.Hope to be able to attend the next meet.

Regards
Rajiv

@ranga: I have posted Alpha's number in the first post. U have a PM of my number.
@Raghav: Both slides and pics display well for me (both office and home laptop)
@Thad: You should def try dhoti ala trouser style, its so much convenient :)

Hi Guys,

I am delighted that i was part of the Chennai meet.It is indeed nice to meet guys who have been mere names on the forum.My heartfelt thanks goes to
Dr.Ganesh(gannyboy) for his mooting the idea for the meet and to Ram, our young and energetic moderator for putting in so much of effort to make the meet a success.And to srinisundar for providing the projector.And ofcourse to Raghav who was kind enough to give his place for the meet. Last but not the least to venkatcr whose presentation was wonderful.It was informative,neat,simple and greatly useful to all the guys.I thank him for his effort and gesture.

As venkat said this meet covered a broad spectrum of AV. The next meeting can be made use of to discuss specific topics , auditions of systems and hearing good music and exchange of ideas.This meet is only a beginning and i am sure all those who were part of the meet and those who missed it are looking forward for the future meets.

It is never too late in life to make new friends.That too guys with similar passion and tastes.If the meets can enrich our knowledge of AV and in the process give some wonderful friends who are always ready to lend a helping hand, what more can we ask for.

Here is wishing the Chennai Chapter of the forum all success.:)

cheers,
sri

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back