Chettinadu Heritage & Culture

vaadhah

Hi there,

:) This year, our may trip discovered "Chettinadu Area". Wow, the little towns are filled of admirable culture rich temples, people and cusines. The trip was made up of 15 days and we spent 10 days in karaikudi which serves as heart of chettinadu towns. There we stayed in hotel nachiappa palace as it was comfortable as well cost effective. The rest of the five days were spent in pudukkottai for visiting tourist spots around that district. There we stayed in Shivalaya Hotel which ofcourse was comfortable as well cost effective. Trip was pleasent. In a couple of years, we have a plan to go there again as we want to spend more days and enjoy the Indian culture more. Any one from chettinadu native can suggest any number of interesting places found around there. Thank you...

:yahoo:

Last edited:
Been planning a visit there. Let us know about the accommodation options and quality cleanliness, staff etc .. and food :)

Cheers

Been planning a visit there. Let us know about the accommodation options and quality cleanliness, staff etc .. and food :)

Cheers

Gobble , the best place to stay in Chettinadu areas like Karaikudi , Devakottai etc ., is the guest house. Many people rent their house for a week or so and the rent is very reasonable. Believe me , the house I specify here really looks like a Palace , i have been there a couple of times and the food is very very good,. they are famous for Non Veg as well as Veg. The menus are very different and cant be seen any where else. These cities are not very clean , but you can live with it.
You should go there to see atleast the houses ( Palaces to me ) . There is a famous temple called Pillaiyar Patti ( the god is Ganapaty) near Karaikudi.
will try to post some Photos if possible.

Mohan

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back