Chromecast Audio

avr

Good morning all,
Iam a non-techie, can somebody tell me how this device works. I want to use my Audioengine 5+ speakers wirelessly. Initially I thought of buying a Bluetooth(BT) adapter but given the quality of dac inside them I am hesitant. But BT are easy to use for people like me. I use USB Audio Player Pro and Jetaudio on samsung s7 to play my music. Using BT with these apps is easy just pair and play music. But will the chromecast(CC) play the same way. Do I need any router or anything. Will I be able to use the above mentioned apps to play music using CC. What about sound quality?
TIA
Rgds

The Chromecast audio can be used to cast music to the speakers but only hitch is the you would have to use Wynk / Saavn / Jio Music / Amazon Music / etc for seamless listening experience. The casting of locally stored music is cumbersome. Sound Quality is good but of course it is less than lossless / high res formats.

The Chromecast audio can be used to cast music to the speakers but only hitch is the you would have to use Wynk / Saavn / Jio Music / Amazon Music / etc for seamless listening experience. The casting of locally stored music is cumbersome. Sound Quality is good but of course it is less than lossless / high res formats.
Thanks for your reply. You mean to say I can use usb audio pro and jetaudio to play music stored on my samsung s7 but the quality will be compromised?
Rgds

You need to connect the Chromecast to your local WiFi. Then use an app on your device that can Cast to the Chromecast. The app's mentioned above do that. I use gaana and Amazon prime music streamers. Google music also works and I guess supports local music files .

MaSh

Without local WiFi, you can use it with phone's wifi hotspot. And Bubbleupnp or HiFiCast, you can stream local content no problem there.

I suggest try HiFicast first, it costs less than Bubbleupnp and works well.

Quality, I guess, is limited to your source or the CCA, which ever is lower.

Dear,

I am using Chormecast through my Galaxy A-7 with Bubbleupnp and it works fine. It can cast music app i.e. Savvan/Jio/ Wynk and local media file on phone as well. Simply add google home from play store in your phone and configure it with your local wi fi network ( It is very simple). Also there are may cast app. on play store that is very useful. Quality is also very good using Choremcast.

Thanks

Dear,

I am using Chormecast through my Galaxy A-7 with Bubbleupnp and it works fine. It can cast music app i.e. Savvan/Jio/ Wynk and local media file on phone as well. Simply add google home from play store in your phone and configure it with your local wi fi network ( It is very simple). Also there are may cast app. on play store that is very useful. Quality is also very good using Choremcast.

Thanks
Hi do I need google home alongwith bubblepnp or will they both work independently?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back