Chronicle of an Audiophile/Musical journey in the USA (part two)

essrand

Dear Everyone,

I wrote a small blog post on my musical/audiophile journeys from when I used to live in the USA.

This is a successor to my prev post, but easily a stand-alone read.

Would love for you to take a look, and see what you think. Perhaps you have had similar or vastly different experiences in your musical journeys in your 20s/30s?

Especially would love to hear your views on Fusion/World music as compared to mine :)

Cheers,
Bhaskar

Hi Essrand. Nice article. Kind of relate to it. Is Kayhan Kalhor albums available on vinyl? I couldn’t find any.

Nice read Bhaskar. It's admirable how you can recollect the minute details from years from the past. Specially your description of the live performances.
Sunday morning well spent! Thumb up!

Nice read Bhaskar. It's admirable how you can recollect the minute details from years from the past. Specially your description of the live performances.
Sunday morning well spent! Thumb up!
Thank you!

Beautifully written, essrand!
Brought back fond memories of hours spent at Amoeba, discovering rare albums I’d spent years searching, going for cheap in the second hand bins :)
Thanks, too, for the succinct introduction to world music. Your passion for the genre is evident, and has aroused my curiosity, as well.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back