Citibank Cards - New Facility

The borderlinks shipping is to a state in the US and from there they ship to India. In fact, when you register you get two addresses one for the US and another for the UK. So the sites where you buy ship to that address and they get it to your address.

But I am not sure why would they choose a state where these are taxed but thats a separate question.

As per the web site, their US address is a dummy address for all the orders and the goods are delivered to that address and they are shipping it from there, so that we can order any goods which are not shipped outside US also.

Which should mean that, only the products originating in the same state as the dummy address should be taxed by the state. Products shipped from all the other 49 states should technically not invite any taxation. If this 'tax' component shows up on all items being ordered, then it could be something else altogether. I'd think this would have to be explained by the company...

Hi folks,
Can anyone let me know about the following when using this card?

1. What are the service charges? (percentage)
2. Tax on the service charges?
3. Transaction of indian credit card for foreign goods (on online product purchase for products outside india)? (Some credit cards charges such fees. I think HDFC card charges 3% of the value of the product + tax + educ cess etc)
4. Educational cess on the above charges.

Thanks

Im excited, but unsure whether to experiment.

The prices are less because they are showing ridiculously low duty rates for stuff. For example, a AV receiver costing $350 shows a duty of $8.32. That does not sound right.

Just thought I would provide a update to all the folks here. The transaction with Borderlinx went off very well. The prices and duty were extremely close to the projections on their website calculator, the multiple items got shipped together as one by DHL when I asked them to and it arrived in one piece on the 4th day. I in fact ordered a camera lens and did not have much hope, but it arrived in flawless condition.

Few tips, make sure you budle items together for shipment. The shiiping charges and the duty comes down significantly as more items are added. I paid about $37 in shipping and duty for items worth $80 (Heavily discounted purchases, actual value before clearance was over $200).

So highly recommended, already started the second set of purchases. :yahoo:

Hi ,

Good that your stuff reached in good condition.. Just give us a small piece of information what u purchase / size of box: weight / shipping cost / duty..

So will have some idea about this.. Lot of satisfied customers are there for borderlinx... good..

Thanks in advance..

I do not have the exact numbers with me as I did not take a screenshot. But use the calculator at the link below, the results are a very close match to what you will be invoiced (Mine was $3 more than the calculator).

I generally went to Amazon to get the box dimensions and shipping weight and use the calculator in each case. Nte that Amazon will have a item weight and a shipping weight. You have to consider the shipping weight with outer carton and all that.

Borderlinx

Ya, same with me. Their service is very bad. Like if a huge amount is being swiped by your card, you never get any intimation either by SMS or email stating the same. If I complain to the CC, they claim that service in not there. So if there is some type of fraudalant going on, unless you get your monthly bill, or checking your bills online frequently..........you will never know.

Every other banks like HSBC, HDFC......... immediately sends and SMS to our mobile when a trans above 5k is done.

cheers.

I have been using CC cards for more than 12 years now never had a problem. Im getting this SMS notification without fail from my citi card, in fact normally I get the beep o my cell while Im still signing the CC slip at the merchant's counter.

This may not be that popular assertion looking at the experience many of the other fellow members have described ;)

I do not have the exact numbers with me as I did not take a screenshot. But use the calculator at the link below, the results are a very close match to what you will be invoiced (Mine was $3 more than the calculator).

I generally went to Amazon to get the box dimensions and shipping weight and use the calculator in each case. Nte that Amazon will have a item weight and a shipping weight. You have to consider the shipping weight with outer carton and all that.

Borderlinx

thanks...

A small clarification..for calculation after feeding the required details, i got the output figure...

First two lines duties & taxes meant is customs duty right?

Others seems to be ok

Correct. I think one is the actual customs Duty and other is the VAT at 12.x% on the actual price. The net sum is the total customs payment for you.

thanks...

A small clarification..for calculation after feeding the required details, i got the output figure...

First two lines duties & taxes meant is customs duty right?

Others seems to be ok

Borderlinx works out to be cheaper than 20north and vpost.. we have to keep waiting for the surprise bill for vpost and 20north and seems to be not that much hassle here.. will see and try it in future once i get the citi card..

Borderlinx works out to be cheaper than 20north and vpost.. we have to keep waiting for the surprise bill for vpost and 20north and seems to be not that much hassle here.. will see and try it in future once i get the citi card..

Hi

Citibank is only one of the partners of Borderlinx. You need not necessarily be having a Citibank card

Hi

Citibank is only one of the partners of Borderlinx. You need not necessarily be having a Citibank card

Is it so, based on the intial input from members i neglected reading the full website..

Hmm. I will go thru fully now...

thanks Captain..

Is it so, based on the intial input from members i neglected reading the full website..

Hmm. I will go thru fully now...

thanks Captain..

Hy Srini

It says so while registration. It has listed out several organisations. However, when I started to register, they are asking for only citibank card details. I think all Indian residents are being routed through Citibank only. (Atleast for now)

Yes, on the second page of registration, it is asking for Citibank Card only. .. deal is open to only Citibank memebers..:sad:

Better we can open a thread if any of the members who are holding credit card are willing to help others:lol:

Nope, its a hard and fast requirement.

Actually, Citibank cards are a must for registration.

But, you are free to use any bank card to purchase goods in online sites.... with a fee of course :)

See Terms and Conditions, Billing - Item #3, which states....

Borderlinx reserves the right to bill the Customer an additional fee representing 30% of the transport charges of the Product if the Customer uses a non-Citibank card for purchasing the Product that are being shipped using the Services

We can buy using any card from Merchant if the merchant will ship directly to our India Address but not through /www.borderlinx.com channel.

Without Citi card Can't complete registration, Without Registration we can't get US shipping address.

In short we must have Citibank card to purchase anything using /www.borderlinx.com channel.

Below is the chat from borderlinx Customer care....

Welcome to Borderlinx. This is 'Amber'. How may I help you today?

Amber: Please be informed that for using our service, i.e, for making purchases to us you have to have a Citibank credit card.

Amber: Please know that getting a credit card from CitiBank is also not a great deal

Tirumal: So without Citicard I can't use this services?

Amber: Yes you are correct.

Amber: You can make purchases from the merchant's side using any payment method though.

Amber: Is there anything else I may assist you with today?

Tirumal: I didn't get it...Without Citiban card details its not allowing to register...

Tirumal: Without registration how can I get the US Address

Amber: Yes you are correct. I meant to say that if you want to buy anything from any of US Merchants then you can use any other payment methods that the merchant accepts.

Amber: Whereas when it comes to using our service, i.e, for making payments to us you have to have a Citibank credit card.

Amber: I would suggest you to apply for a CitiBank Credit card from your nearest Citi Bank.

Tirumal: In Short I can't buy anything through /www.borderlinx.com without Citibank Card?Yes?

Amber: Borderlinx is a global trade facilitator that provides our partners and consumers with an end to end solution for their cross border internet shopping needs.

Amber: And you are correct that without having a CitiBank Credit card, you are correct that you won't be able to use our service.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back