Ciunas DAC - anyone heard it ?

lucksin

while looking for DAC, i came across this Ciunas DAC which has been designed by highly acclaimed John Kenny.

It uses a battery to power hence taking care of background noise as per the site.

anyone heard about it ?

while looking for DAC, i came across this Ciunas DAC which has been designed by highly acclaimed John Kenny.

It uses a battery to power hence taking care of background noise as per the site.

anyone heard about it ?

This is a very good DAC if you have USB only requirement. However the PCM5102 DAC it uses doesn't have very good specs but his implementation is supposed to be excellent

Very expensive when we convert the rate to Indian.Better you check audio gd full balanced dac with asynchronous USB.You will get lot features in audio gd

I am using the Ciunas usb/spdif convertor since many months now and I am very happy with it. The dac I presume should be equally well engineered.

When I decide to upgrade my DAC after 3 or 4 years, I will certainly consider a product by JK over other well know and reputed big brands.

--G0bble

Wow! How is this converter? Seems pretty well designed from specs

I like it. It has saved me from spending more money on a high-end CDP with mumbo-jumbo specs and weighing 3 times more (The $100 one can save on shipping a big CDP I spent on the device instead). I use a linux based audio pc running mpd and jackd in a headless configuration with android based player as the remote.

Computer audio IS the future, and this device certainly proves it.

--G0bble

Hey Gobble I thought your Shigaraki DAC was superb. Are you planning to change it!

No the usb-spdif convertor sits in between the PC and DAC. I will change it once 24/96 becomes the industry standard (and all old music reissues only come in this format - which is pretty useless up-converting really, but you get the idea) which may be a few years from now.

The DAC needed a classy high status companion to match its own high status and do any justice so I went for a source upgrade as a Diwali gift to myself. I didn't really advertise on dacmatrimony.com :eek:hyeah:

--G0bble

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back