Class D Amplifier options in India

Oh..thanks for the info. I have checked their website, they have only one model for home which is RS250. It has only analog input. So I might need to buy some additional component to use it along with TV or my bookshelf. My audio source always will be digital like BT, PC or Optical (TV).

Meanwhile, Is anywhere I can audition this amp in Chennai? do you know the current price of RS250?
1. You need to get a DAC (preamp + DAC + Source in, etc) in any case.
2. Only brands such as Denon, Yamaha, Marantz deliver dependable integrated and they are beyond the budget discussed here. The Chinese version of Pre-amp fail very quickly.
3. I have heard the Pulz RS250 works like a horse for 7 years or more, and they are always ready to service at any time. I think you can get the RS250 at around 30K. The sound is impeccable.

Cheers

Thanks Magma. I did not know that Hifimart sold Aiyima products :) For some reason, Aiyima has been left out from the list of Brands on their website. Hope Hifimart brings in the T9 soon!
The T9 is not coming
( Since there are some things i don't like about it )

But the T8 ( which i prefer ) is coming soon
And will.be listed on hifimart by end of this year

Together with the Smsl A300 and my favorite pocket rocket the Sanskrit MK2 ( old version )

The stocks of the aiyima A07 and D03
Will also be refreshed

The T9 is not coming

Together with the Smsl A300 and my favorite pocket rocket the Sanskrit MK2 ( old version )

Will also be refreshed
Any chances of Sabaj being listed on hifimart?

Which sabaj
Items ?

Any recommendations ?

I've liked the sabaj a10d
In its price bracket

Last edited:
Which sabaj
Items ?

Any recommendations ?

I've liked the sabaj a10d
In its price bracket
Sabaj A30a

You must use the recommended Amps (7.5/10) or HIGHER, never lower. You can get them made to order. Ask an FM from your city.
Hi Shankar , kind of you to let me know that i can get them made to order ( Hope it's safe to use the made to order ones ).
However when I checked with the Aiyima Team about using either a 36V 5A PS or one with 48V 2.5A, they said both could be used yet suggested that using 48V 2.5A would be ideal and that it would not harm the APM in any way .
I'm wondering why would they misguide me & say that it's fine to use the 48V 2.5A PS ?
I'm from Bangalore ,so how do I get to now which FM from bangalore can help me with the made to order PS ( Noob here, so not sure how to filter FM's according to location & approach them)

Hi Shankar , kind of you to let me know that i can get them made to order ( Hope it's safe to use the made to order ones ).
However when I checked with the Aiyima Team about using either a 36V 5A PS or one with 48V 2.5A, they said both could be used yet suggested that using 48V 2.5A would be ideal and that it would not harm the APM in any way .
I'm wondering why would they misguide me & say that it's fine to use the 48V 2.5A PS ?
I'm from Bangalore ,so how do I get to now which FM from bangalore can help me with the made to order PS ( Noob here, so not sure how to filter FM's according to location & approach them)
The Aiyima specs are confusing and misleading. The ASR review goes on to say
Yes, the 300 watt rating is a fantasy but maybe it can do better with momentary peaks. Alas, its aggressive protection circuit would shut it down and not let me test max and peak power.

It all depends on how loud you want to listen. If you remember ohms law, voltage X current = power

36v 5A = 36 * 5 = 180 watts
48v 2.5A = 48 * 2.5 = 120 watts

If i'm not mistaken the Aiyima AMP has 300w + 300w output = 600 w. But in reality it never happens that there is music content that played will require 600 watts continuous output. Only for very short durations which has loud music passage with a solid bass will require such tremendous power. So in general, power supplies are fitted with large capacitors to supply full output for very short duration.

Since wattage = voltage X current, a power supply of 48 volts will give 600/48 = 12.5 A. The specs of Aiyima says it requires DC 48v with current over 7A. But I wouldn't ever run this AMP with a PS that can make the AMP deliver it's full power because this AMP doesn't have a good thermal design as per this tear down by ASR. Amir goes on to say that he will never leave the power supply continuously on.

Max Output power300W+300W (4 ohm load,Under DC 48V,Current Over 7A)
Audio input ways3.5mm AUX Audio input/ RCA Audio input
Number of channels2.0 channels/Stereo
Power supplyDC24-48V (outer diameter 5.5mm inner diameter 2.5mm)

A power supply of 36 5A can give 36 * 5 = 180 watts continuous output while a PS of 48v 2.5 A can give 120 watts output which I feel is more than enough.

Also remember that with such high current, any short circuit on the output becomes a fire hazard. So the PS of 48v will reduce the value of current and make it safer compared to the PS of 36v 5 A. Remember heat generated = I²R, where R is the resistance of the load.

So both the power supplies will work but 48 v will reduce the current requirement for the same wattage. You can look at this table below from Aiyima itself as a guidline but will confuse anyone further. Also the same Aiyma brochure says
Note:When using a 32V or 36V power supply, the sound quality of the A07 amplifier will be better, the distortion rate will be low, and the service life will be longer, but the power can only reach the size of the voltage multiplied by the current.
So in reality Aiyima has just picked up specs as it suits them from the TPA3255 chip and pasted 300w + 300w in bridged mode. But inspite of glarring crap in the specs, the amp is a low distortion amp and is value for money. I wouldn't read too much from the official specs and would rather buy this from hifimart which comes with the power supply.

A07 amplifier

Last edited:
The Aiyima specs are confusing and misleading. The ASR review goes on to say

It all depends on how loud you want to listen. If you remember ohms law, voltage X current = power

36v 5A = 36 * 5 = 180 watts
48v 2.5A = 48 * 2.5 = 120 watts

If i'm not mistaken the Aiyima AMP has 300w + 300w output = 600 w. But in reality it never happens that there is music content that played will require 600 watts continuous output. Only for very short durations which has loud music passage with a solid bass will require such tremendous power. So in general, power supplies are fitted with large capacitors to supply full output for very short duration.

Since wattage = voltage X current, a power supply of 48 volts will give 600/48 = 12.5 A. The specs of Aiyima says it requires DC 48v with current over 7A. But I wouldn't ever run this AMP with a PS that can make the AMP deliver it's full power because this AMP doesn't have a good thermal design as per this tear down by ASR. Amir goes on to say that he will never leave the power supply continuously on.

Max Output power300W+300W (4 ohm load,Under DC 48V,Current Over 7A)
Audio input ways3.5mm AUX Audio input/ RCA Audio input
Number of channels2.0 channels/Stereo
Power supplyDC24-48V (outer diameter 5.5mm inner diameter 2.5mm)

A power supply of 36 5A can give 36 * 5 = 180 watts continuous output while a PS of 48v 2.5 A can give 120 watts output which I feel is more than enough.

Also remember that with such high current, any short circuit on the output becomes a fire hazard. So the PS of 48v will reduce the value of current and make it safer compared to the PS of 36v 5 A. Remember heat generated = I²R, where R is the resistance of the load.

So both the power supplies will work but 48 v will reduce the current requirement for the same wattage. You can look at this table below from Aiyima itself as a guidline but will confuse anyone further. Also the same Aiyma brochure says

So in reality Aiyima has just picked up specs as it suits them from the TPA3255 chip and pasted 300w + 300w in bridged mode. But inspite of glarring crap in the specs, the amp is a low distortion amp and is value for money. I wouldn't read too much from the official specs and would rather buy this from hifimart which comes with the power supply.

A07 amplifier
Morning Sir, Hats off to you ! I am really touched by your patience & the amount of details you get into while explaining things even if it happens to be a noob like me who is on the other end. ( I feel guilty at times for having taken so much of your time) but it just proves how much of a giving nature you possess & i am thankfull to have people like you who are such great guides.I literally felt a chill go through my spine when you mentioned the word FIRE & Im sure you can understand why and where all my questions arise from. Having lost everything in a house fire few years back & rebuilding life from there, i just want to make sure I'm aware of what I'm doing and to be cautious.
- To answer your question about how loud do i want to play, i hardly go above 10 o clock on any amp, so even the least power would do for me. I would be more than happy using the 24 V 5A PS already in my posession. Since someone suggested that it would harm the amp ,i was looking at other vaild options.
- So if I got what you said correctly, it's safer to go with the 48V 2.5A PS . Is that right ? ( However i am not going to max out the amp ever....that's for sure & i noted your point about going with the HifiMart option) , i just ask this as i want to go with the safest option possible.
- Can you also kindly suggest a safer way to run this setup ,so as to avoid any mishap( electrically), could i use a 3 pin plug to be safer ? Or what would you suggest from your vast knowledge wrt safety measures i could take.
Thanks again for being there sir.It really makes a big difference especially when the persons not sure how to go about things.

Morning Sir, Hats off to you ! I am really touched by your patience & the amount of details you get into while explaining things even if it happens to be a noob like me who is on the other end. ( I feel guilty at times for having taken so much of your time) but it just proves how much of a giving nature you possess & i am thankfull to have people like you who are such great guides.I literally felt a chill go through my spine when you mentioned the word FIRE & Im sure you can understand why and where all my questions arise from. Having lost everything in a house fire few years back & rebuilding life from there, i just want to make sure I'm aware of what I'm doing and to be cautious.
- To answer your question about how loud do i want to play, i hardly go above 10 o clock on any amp, so even the least power would do for me. I would be more than happy using the 24 V 5A PS already in my posession. Since someone suggested that it would harm the amp ,i was looking at other vaild options.
- So if I got what you said correctly, it's safer to go with the 48V 2.5A PS . Is that right ? ( However i am not going to max out the amp ever....that's for sure & i noted your point about going with the HifiMart option) , i just ask this as i want to go with the safest option possible.
- Can you also kindly suggest a safer way to run this setup ,so as to avoid any mishap( electrically), could i use a 3 pin plug to be safer ? Or what would you suggest from your vast knowledge wrt safety measures i could take.
Thanks again for being there sir.It really makes a big difference especially when the persons not sure how to go about things.
48v 2.5A ps will be safe enough and more so since you will not play it loud. Also if your speakers are 8 ohms, the power requirement further reduces.

You can consider highly praised SMSL AO200. You can get it from aoshida audio <deleted>

Whoa! Hold on to your horses big boy 🙃. 220W with only one channel driven or all channels being played simultaneously?

From your pioneer lx-87 manual. Its a useful guide unless its nicely settled in a bin 😋

To hear sound only from the pre-outs, switch the speaker terminals to SP: OFF (page 79) or simply disconnect
any speakers that are connected directly to the receiver.
It is also possible to hear sound only from the pre-outs by switching the AMP setting to OFF and setting the
pre-amp mode to turn the power amplifiers for all channels off (see Setting the Audio options on page 75)

- just in case i'm accurate on the bin part ;)
Pioneer LX-87 is fine with the pre out’s…I have switched off the internal amps in LX-87…But I was talking about my another system which is of harman kardon AVR660…There are pre outs of every channel but there isnt any function to turn off internal amps like pioneer has.

Whoa! Hold on to your horses big boy 🙃. 220W with only one channel driven or all channels being played simultaneously?

From your pioneer lx-87 manual. Its a useful guide unless its nicely settled in a bin 😋

To hear sound only from the pre-outs, switch the speaker terminals to SP: OFF (page 79) or simply disconnect
any speakers that are connected directly to the receiver.
It is also possible to hear sound only from the pre-outs by switching the AMP setting to OFF and setting the
pre-amp mode to turn the power amplifiers for all channels off (see Setting the Audio options on page 75)

- just in case i'm accurate on the bin part ;)

220watt x all 9 channels @8ohm impedance
260watt x all 9 channels @4ohm impedance

Last edited by a moderator:
You can consider highly praised SMSL AO200. You can get it from aoshida audio <deleted>

Pioneer LX-87 is fine with the pre out’s…I have switched off the internal amps in LX-87…But I was talking about my another system which is of harman kardon AVR660…There are pre outs of every channel but there isnt any function to turn off internal amps like pioneer has.
Some AVR's have that feature. Others don't. Check the manual of the Harman Kardon
220watt x all 9 channels @8ohm impedance
260watt x all 9 channels @4ohm impedance
1668601988402.png

From the manual of the Pioneer LX87 😋

220W is for only one channel driven at 6ohms at 1% THD.

Power drops steeply to 130W per channel when driving only 2channels.

And no power rating given for all channels driven simultaneously. Probably closer to 50-60W at 0.1%THD :(

P.S.- Do you have two accounts on HFV?

Last edited:
The T9 is not coming

Will also be refreshed
For what its worth, Aiyima just launched the T9 Pro.
The video on the product page suggests they have acknowledged the 'intermittent clicking when no music playing' issue with the T9, which has been pointed out in most of the reviews, and has rectified the same in the T9 Pro. I look forward to reviews of the T9 Pro. None out as yet.

the superb SMSL A300 amplifer has finally landed and in stock
the T8 Aiyima preamp with phono has also arrived

The T9 has some issues reported on many units hence not brought

the superb SMSL A300 amplifer has finally landed and in stock
the T8 Aiyima preamp with phono has also arrived

The T9 has some issues reported on many units hence not brought
How GOOD are the Class D amp for music ?

I can see some good reviews about smsl a300

Hope this will pair well with Elac DBR 62

The aiyima A08 pro is also now a good option for those on a budget.
Takes over from the a07.
Advantage is that unlike the a07 it has Bluetooth so all you need is a phone to play music .
It's "aux out " unlike the a07 allows you to even connect with an active sub

The tone controls are also extra as compared to the a07 which many reviewers have recommended that they found highly useful in this case

It's available on Hifimart and with SoundFoundations

How GOOD are the Class D amp for music ?

I can see some good reviews about smsl a300

Hope this will pair well with Elac DBR 62
As good as any class A/B amp at a similar price. If one didn't know the difference, one wouldn't bother. If you have a car, it's stereo is class D most likely.

On a tangential note, does anyone have experience ordering via desert cart/ubuy.co.in? Is it recommended? They constantly keep showing up in results when I search for products but I ignore them.

Thanks!
They sound like a hassle to me. I suggest to stick purchasing from authorised channels for warranty purposes and peace of mind overall.

Recent Class D Amplifier Fosi Audio V3 from Fosi Audio got good review from ASR and others

Seems to be a promising one, with good quality components, two year warranty.

Apart from the default 32V/5A power supply there is 48V/5A option, which could drive a decent FS too.

Expecting another Amp from Fosi Audio in two months time with a good DAC, Digital inputs, USB, VU meter etc.

Another interesting thing with Fosi Audio is they regularly get the feedback form the costumers and other stakeholders, respond to them positively, as mostly seen with WiiM.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back