Class D Amplifier options in India

Recent Class D Amplifier Fosi Audio V3 from Fosi Audio got good review from ASR and others

Seems to be a promising one, with good quality components, two year warranty.

Apart from the default 32V/5A power supply there is 48V/5A option, which could drive a decent FS too.

Expecting another Amp from Fosi Audio in two months time with a good DAC, Digital inputs, USB, VU meter etc.

Another interesting thing with Fosi Audio is they regularly get the feedback form the costumers and other stakeholders, respond to them positively, as mostly seen with WiiM.
This was available on Amazon during Prime Day sale for 7k with 32V power supply

I just got a Fosi Audio V3 with the 32v power supply (links to 48V 10A anyone?) but haven't got around to listening to it. Will update soon on whether the hype is deserved - something that'll be tested at the altar of the Aiyima T9 and to a lesser extent, the SMSL DA9.
How GOOD are the Class D amp for music ?

I can see some good reviews about smsl a300

Hope this will pair well with Elac DBR 62
As good as any class A/B amp at a similar price. If one didn't know the difference, one wouldn't bother. If you have a car, it's stereo is class D most likely.
Another excellent contender that i've come across is the Aiyima T9 which is what I'm going to test the above mentioned Fosi Audio V3 against. It doesn't have the same amount of power as the SMSL but it sure sounds better at half the price while also having more connectivity options. Looks are a let down for me personally though and the SMSL devices are finished to a much higher standard.

You could consider it too if you don't listen above 85db+ and you are in not too large a room.

I just got a Fosi Audio V3 with the 32v power supply (links to 48V 10A anyone?) but haven't got around to listening to it. Will update soon on whether the hype is deserved - something that'll be tested at the altar of the Aiyima T9 and to a lesser extent, the SMSL DA9.

Another excellent contender that i've come across is the Aiyima T9 which is what I'm going to test the above mentioned Fosi Audio V3 against. It doesn't have the same amount of power as the SMSL but it sure sounds better at half the price while also having more connectivity options. Looks are a let down for me personally though and the SMSL devices are finished to a much higher standard.

You could consider it too if you don't listen above 85db+ and you are in not too large a room.
If possible use it with 48V/5A and think it could make some difference

If possible use it with 48V/5A and think it could make some difference
it does make a huge difference insofar as power is concerned - the 32v manages 62w x 2 @ 4ohms whereas the 48v more than doubles it to 141w x2 @ 4 ohms (8ohm figures are 34w x 2 and 89w x 2 for the 32v and 48v PSUs respectively).

However, getting a 48v 5a/10a power supply is the grouse. Any leads would be much appreciated. :)

it does make a huge difference insofar as power is concerned - the 32v manages 62w x 2 @ 4ohms whereas the 48v more than doubles it to 141w x2 @ 4 ohms (8ohm figures are 34w x 2 and 89w x 2 for the 32v and 48v PSUs respectively).

However, getting a 48v 5a/10a power supply is the grouse. Any leads would be much appreciated. :)

Do note the 48v heats up the unit much higher than 32v,
Waiting for your first impressions, I almost pulled the trigger.

But have too many amps, I had lent my A07 to a friend who upgraded the op amps on it and even got the Fosi V3
He says Fosi is leaps above Aiyima

Do note the 48v heats up the unit much higher than 32v,
Waiting for your first impressions, I almost pulled the trigger.

But have too many amps, I had lent my A07 to a friend who upgraded the op amps on it and even got the Fosi V3
He says Fosi is leaps above Aiyima
Because of the Vent in top and bottom there is hardly any issue of heat as per the user and Reviewers feedback

He says Fosi is leaps above Aiyima"

Yes, the company is "hearing to the costumers" and they want to give a good product to the end user

I hope their next Amp coming in next few months will prove it.

Because of the Vent in top and bottom there is hardly any issue of heat as per the user and Reviewers feedback

He says Fosi is leaps above Aiyima"

Yes, the company is "hearing to the costumers" and they want to give a good product to the end user

I hope their next Amp coming in next few months will prove it.

It chassis itself is a heatsink, but it still gets hot.

I am waiting for their MonoBlock's if they do it, I have some power hungry speakers would be interesting to see how it works.

I am waiting for their MonoBlock's if they do it, I have some power hungry speakers would be interesting to see how it works.
As of now, I don't think they will come with a Monoblock

But expecting a Tube Preamplifier & Headphone Amplifier and followed by a Class D Amp with good DAC , Digital inputs, usb, and a vu meter.

Also, there is a possibility of Purifi based Amp as they are considering this option too in the near future

mola mola Kalugas are monoblocks where the chassis itself is a heat sink also and they just about get a little warm. The amps have a relatively small footprint and very simple design, with an amazing build quality.

Last edited:
I have bought all my class D amps from abroad.

I am currently using SMSL DA9 with Cadence speakers.

I have kept the 3251 chip based amp bought from Aliexpress as a spare unit. Though this amp is less powerful than the Aiyima 07, it sounds more refined and controlled than the Aiyima. I had 2 units of Aiyima 07 but sold them here and elsewhere.

Fosi Audio V3 is on the way. I will use it with Aiyima 32 v power supply. If I like V3, I will sell 3251 amp. Otherwise, V3 will find a new home.

Fosi Audio.jpeg
Next Class D Amp from Fosi and expected to be available in October

Last edited:
I am thinking of getting rid of my Rotel RA 971. I am getting a hissing sound for 5-10 seconds on cold start up. Because of this I tend to keep the amp switched on instead of turning it on every time. I have a suspicion that our increase in electricity bills could also be because of this. We don't have an A/C or other heavy electrical equipment running. The amp is warm to touch even if it is kept idle. I guess the hissing is because of a capacitor issue.

This whole experience is making me look at Class D amps more seriously. The compact size and ability to go into stand by mode on idle is appealing. I read a few threads here about how they are competing with class A and AB amps nowadays. But it is tough to find options in India. Especially with AliExpress not working any more. I am ideally looking for something below 20K INR. Can stretch a bit more maybe. The popular ones with good measurements are not available in India I guess.

Mine is a sealed speaker with a sensitivity of 86db and impedance of 8 ohms. I already have a PC with Roon + Topping E30 for streaming and DAC. So I don't really need features like bluetooth. I just need a class D power amplifier with a volume knob and RCA inputs. Though features like sub woofer output and HDMI/Optical In would be nice if I want to connect a TV in the future.

Can you please suggest good class D amps which can power my speakers and are readily available for purchase in India?

I looked at the Yamaha WXA-50 which is available with only one online provider now. But it is slightly out of my budget at 40k. But I really like the form factor and Amir of ASR has given it a good review. I also really like the looks and build of Teac AI-101DA-B but it has only 26w @ 4 ohms and also has only an optical in so I cannot use my DAC.

On a tangential note, does anyone have experience ordering via desert cart/ubuy.co.in? Is it recommended? They constantly keep showing up in results when I search for products but I ignore them.

Thanks!
hi you may want to check out theSMSL range of class D amps. they are very low priced and very good sound. here is a link to a review i did some time ago. i am still using it with Jamo speakers, Cable talk bi-wire and very pleased. value for money.
https://www.hifivision.com/threads/smsl-d300.89039/page-4#post-1010701

I have been using Aiyima D03, A07 and Fosi BT30D Pro since almost 10 months.

D03 is running a pair of Indiq Achal Diamonds and also feeding a powered sub. They are fantastic, lot many connection options, powerful enough even at 60℅ level, quite resolving too.

A07 is hulk when connected with meanwell 48v, truly amplifies what goes in. You need good source/preamp and you rock.

Fosi not used much as it's power deficient when passive sub connected. For normal stereo use in small-medium room it's ok. Currently connected to a pair of taga FS. It has got a punch, get a little warm but as said casing is the heatsink to works well in ac rooms. It's got preout with 3.5mm too.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back