Class D Amplifier options in India

Now that we have a dedicated thread for next class D amp..
I thought I should bting a lil refreshment which costs only 1. 5k

Most of you might write it off looking at the price and that it's chi fi, but then aiyima and fosi are also chinese...
The audio is very very good.. The balance is pretty accurate the sound is pretty sweet as well.. It has bluetooth, aux in, aux out, pen drive option....
I have tried using it with BT through Spotify (set at highest quality) as well as via my Google chromecast audio and apart from bluetooth being tad low on volume, both the optiodns produced great audio..

I have tried fosi bt20a pro as well and this thing just kills it... If you dont believe me try it once... Use a 24v or just lower power supply.. I used 19.5 and 24 both and can say with 24 the output is awesome...
do they sell the power supply also? i want to try this for fun, as it's low cost/

do they sell the power supply also? i want to try this for fun, as it's low cost/
Although they do, but why would you buy that from there.. You can use any laptop adaptor. They are generally 19.5V.. Use a standard DC connector and viola.
Laptop charging adaptors are best to use with these cheap class d amps as they are pretty safe.. Far reliable than those power supplies.

... Because typically high sensitivity speakers sound Very different from the "regular" (medium to low) sensitivity speakers.

I just got a Fosi Audio V3 with the 32v power supply (links to 48V 10A anyone?) but haven't got around to listening to it. Will update soon on whether the hype is deserved - something that'll be tested at the altar of the Aiyima T9 and to a lesser extent, the SMSL DA9.

Another excellent contender that i've come across is the Aiyima T9 which is what I'm going to test the above mentioned Fosi Audio V3 against. It doesn't have the same amount of power as the SMSL but it sure sounds better at half the price while also having more connectivity options. Looks are a let down for me personally though and the SMSL devices are finished to a much higher standard.

You could consider it too if you don't listen above 85db+ and you are in not too large a room.
did u compare ? wats ur opinion.

As I mentioned ... High Sensitivity Speakers are Unique

Hence No Question of Apples to Apples ! More like Apples to Oranges comparison .....

As I mentioned ... High Sensitivity Speakers are Unique

Hence No Question of Apples to Apples ! More like Apples to Oranges comparison .....
Actually, I should have been more specific about what I meant by apples to apples. Given 2 identical drivers (apples) between which the only spec different being the sensitivity (the orange), are you saying that the one with higher sensitivity would sound different from the other at the same level?

If you're saying that they are unique just because a spec. is different, the same can be said for any driver whose spec (any spec) is different from the other. And you would be right. But that's not the point here.

Actually, I should have been more specific about what I meant by apples to apples. Given 2 identical drivers (apples) between which the only spec different being the sensitivity (the orange), are you saying that the one with higher sensitivity would sound different from the other at the same level?
The part highlighted in bold would pretty much be physically impossible

The part highlighted in bold would pretty much be physically impossible
Then given that impossibility, the fact of the matter is that all drivers would (and do) sound different from each other and the reason for that difference would not be the sensitivity, right?

Then given that impossibility, the fact of the matter is that all drivers would (and do) sound different from each other and the reason for that difference would not be the sensitivity, right?
You are correct that there would be some difference based on specs. However, is the difference more significant if the spec difference is sensitivity vs some of the others? I dont know enough about drivers or speaker design to answer that.

No, I mean comparison between the budget amps t9, fosi v3 and SMSL DA9
SQ straight out of the box in this order - T9>Fosi V3>SMSL DA9.

in terms of usability, features, and design - DA9>T9>V3

In terms of power - DA9>V3>T9.

VFM - Fosi V3>T9>DA9

Some things of note - while the T9 has the best SQ, it's a crude product that lacks finesse, both in operation and design. It's a great starter kit for (i) newbies getting into the hobby, and/or (ii) want an all in one solution that'll not only give good sound but a full digital connectivity suite, and/or (iii) don't want to go the separates route - it has usb, coax, Optical, sub out, bluetooth - that's better connectivity than most integrated amps below 50k! Due to the lack of power with the factory brick (24v), speakers with sensitivity of 87db and above would be necessary to play at very loud volumes.

The Fosi V3 necessarily relegates you to "separates" but it has the most potential if you're willing to invest in other parts of the chain. Straight out of the box, it can sound dry, thin and lifeless. A bit of EQ magic (i use an RME ADI-2 DAC FS) and it roars into life. Therefore, while it offers stupid VFM on the amplification stage, the cost of a decent DAC, EQ (if the dac doesn't have one - which most dacs don't except Chord MOJO and RME ADI-2 that i know of), preamp etc would increase the cost substantially over the T9. I'd say it's for those who already have a good preamp but want to add some quality amplification for a second/ alternate system or to add more channels of amplification to AVRs that have preouts for additional channels (most 11.2 channel AVRs have 9 on tap and offer preouts for the remaining 2)

The SMSL DA9 has the best balance of SQ, features and design. All in all, it's a much more polished product than the others with a smart blend of digital and analog connectivity and an excellent design language. It's the amp that has the pride of place on my living room TV shelf as I wouldn't be caught dead with the others.

Last edited:

Not At All!

I am talking of not just difference, but a completely different sonic signature.....

Loosely, Its like the difference between plain water Coconut water. :)

I am sure anyone who has heard Electrostatic speakers, Open Baffle Speakers & Box (sealed or vented) will know what I am referring to.

For a feel of the difference between efficient & (relatively) in efficient speakers, take a listen to Horn Speakers vs sealed box.

For Brand name comparison try .... Avantgarde vs Wilson ( select both models in a similar price range)

Last edited:
Not At All!

I am talking of not just difference, but a completely different sonic signature.....

Loosely, Its like the difference between plain water Coconut water. :)

I am sure anyone who has heard Electrostatic speakers, Open Baffle Speakers & Box (sealed or vented) will know what I am referring to.

For a feel of the difference between efficient & (relatively) in efficient speakers, take a listen to Horn Speakers vs sealed box.

For Brand name comparison try .... Avantgarde vs Wilson ( select both models in a similar price range)
What you are employing for illustrative purposes are fundamentally different speaker designs. They have their own pros and cons vis-a-vis the manner that they reproduce sound resulting in different and distinct sonic experiences at the listeners end.

Did you mean to say that electrostatics, if they were a 100db, and horns, which are also a 100db would sound the same or have a underlying similarity in their sonic signature? If so, what is that underlying similarity?

(ii) think of it as a thought experiment - would you say that an 84db speaker with a conventional soft dome tweeter and a papercone midbass driver would sound very different from another speaker having 94db sensitivity with the same drivers (you can increase the speaker cabinet volume to compensate)? If there'd be a difference, what would it be?

What you are employing for illustrative purposes are fundamentally different speaker designs. They have their own pros and cons vis-a-vis the manner that they reproduce sound resulting in different and distinct sonic experiences at the listeners end.
I concur with you on your 1st para... After that, we are, I believe, not on the same page.

If you go back to where I started ..... Post # 105 (which is in response to Post # 97) was:

Post # 97
Speakers i have are classic british speaker that pair well with high current amps, so did not find fosi to be superb match, still it was decent. Makes me wonder why i would want to spend on lakhs on amps, rather get a excellent high sensitivity speakers :)
In Post No 105 by Manek, he concurred with muralimmreddy:
Absolutely !

To this my response was
... Because typically high sensitivity speakers sound Very different from the "regular" (medium to low) sensitivity speakers.

Commercial speakers are not available in customer selectable sensitivities.

For Genuine High Sensitivity (above 100 dB ... IMO) Horns are the most frequent Go To speakers.

The most abundant commercial choice in the mid & Low sensitivity speakers are box (sealed or most frequently vented) speakers

The Point I made is: a Consumer who likes the sound of a specific mid / Low sensitivity speaker, Does NOT have the Option of getting a similar sound with High Sensitivity (Typically Horn) speakers.... That consumer has NO CHOICE BUT to buy High Powered amplification to drive the Low / Mid sensitivity speakers (to get the sound that he wants).

I concur with you on your 1st para... After that, we are, I believe, not on the same page.

If you go back to where I started ..... Post # 105 (which is in response to Post # 97) was:

Post # 97

In Post No 105 by Manek, he concurred with muralimmreddy:

To this my response was

Commercial speakers are not available in customer selectable sensitivities.

For Genuine High Sensitivity (above 100 dB ... IMO) Horns are the most frequent Go To speakers.

The most abundant commercial choice in the mid & Low sensitivity speakers are box (sealed or most frequently vented) speakers

The Point I made is: a Consumer who likes the sound of a specific mid / Low sensitivity speaker, Does NOT have the Option of getting a similar sound with High Sensitivity (Typically Horn) speakers.... That consumer has NO CHOICE BUT to buy High Powered amplification to drive the Low / Mid sensitivity speakers (to get the sound that he wants).
I wonder if one can get a true 100+db sensitivity speaker other than horns ? Just curious …….

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back