Class D Amplifier options in India

How do these class D amps Fosi and Aiyima compare to a Norge in the same price range of about 10k. In terms of sound quality alone.
Have any users compared or experienced both these amps ?

Last edited:
On a seperate note, does anyone know of any good banana plugs to connect the speaker cables to the AIYIMA amplifiers. I tried the 4mm Dhivi and Blue Rigger banana cables available on Amazon but they dont fit. Currently all speaker cable connections are via bare wires.

However due to frequent changing of amps, this is now becoming tiresome.

What type of Banana cables are available which are needed to use them with these amplifiers ?

Thanks in advance.

On a seperate note, does anyone know of any good banana plugs to connect the speaker cables to the AIYIMA amplifiers. I tried the 4mm Dhivi and Blue Rigger banana cables available on Amazon but they dont fit. Currently all speaker cable connections are via bare wires.

What type of Banana cables are available which are needed to use them with these amplifiers ?

Thanks in advance.
I use the DAC. Quite happy with it.

https://hifimart.com/product-category/cables/terminations/

Thanks in advance.
Not sure why you are unable to use the 4mm banana plugs. I'm using 4mm plugs easiliy on the AIYIMA
IMG_20231013_193524870.jpg

Thanks in advance
push it in a little harder, i also felt the size is little smaller compared to other AVR and speakers i have

Thanks in advance.
Monster used to have good ones which were a screw type crimp. Have used for a decade or more. Still doing great. If its banana on the back of amp any banana should fit. See if MX has some decent one ?

How do they compare to any entry level Marantz keeping power output aside.

For my taste I would pick the Marantz,
the meat and body found in the Class AB amps is missed. I don’t like the way mids are produced either.
But low end and the highs are clean and detailed.

If one has not heard other amps and these are crazy bang for the buck.

Few cons I encountered with Aiyima A07 Max, in bridged or Mono mode the volume pot still in operational. One will have to match it with the second pair everytime you turn it on, and volum knob acts as a power on off switch.
And with just one input you need to add a pre amp if you have multiple sources.

A marantz will have a phono, more inputs, a dac and even a remote.
If you want all above in these class D amps, the price is equal or slightly higher adding each sources.

Pick your poison based on needs

For my taste I would pick the Marantz,
the meat and body found in the Class AB amps is missed. I don’t like the way mids are produced either.
But low end and the highs are clean and detailed.

If one has not heard other amps and these are crazy bang for the buck.

Few cons I encountered with Aiyima A07 Max, in bridged or Mono mode the volume pot still in operational. One will have to match it with the second pair everytime you turn it on, and volum knob acts as a power on off switch.

A marantz will have a phono, more inputs, a dac and even a remote.
If you want all above in these class D amps, the price is equal or slightly higher adding each sources.

Pick your poison based on needs
I think we are soon going to see them in classifieds 😜

The good thing about these new kids on the block is that they are absolutely, absolutely silent when no music is playing. The cons are

I seriously doubt the output capacity. It just doesn't have the slam of a real commercial amp. Maybe becuase of lack of large capacitors, I don't know. I really don't like the backside. The terminals are very small and the inter terminal distance is quite tight.

The good thing about these new kids on the block is that they are absolutely, absolutely silent when no music is playing. The cons are

I seriously doubt the output capacity. It just doesn't have the slam of a real commercial amp. Maybe becuase of lack of large capacitors, I don't know. I really don't like the backside. The terminals are very small and the inter terminal distance is quite tight.
I have Aiyima D03. I could use bare wire 16 gauge with difficulty with lot of twisting. 14 gauge cannot be used with the small hole. Since i donot remove the wire often, I just wrap some insulating tape on one terminal.

Surprise is that its midrange is quite decent with body with my Infinity Primus 163 bookshelf speakers and treble is clear. Emotiva TA 100 class AB amplifier midrange vocals etc sound too thin and treble is also lacking with the same speakers. It was the reason for trying D03. I barely exceed 35/100 volume for decent sound in 29*11 ft room, the speakers facing the long side. Bluetooth is also pretty good.

I tried D03 with triangle Borea Br03 speakers in USA. Very good match with good sound stage and depth. Good resolution. Maybe I should try with some other locally made speaker for even better midrange/ vocals as my sub can fill in the lower end as D03 sends below 80 Hz to sub as per manual.

Last edited:
Thats a bummer….

I seriously doubt the output capacity. It just doesn't have the slam of a real commercial amp. Maybe becuase of lack of large capacitors, I don't know.
This reminds me of car reading car articles nearly 2 decades ago where Japanese/American/European cars are said to have horses under the hood and korean cars had equivalent number of ponies. Well things have changed since then.
So please give these new kids on the block some time to grow up ?

These do 50-60 watts easily, there have been some tests conducted.
Clean watts yes, but quality watts not so sure.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back