Class D Amplifier options in India

So I wonder if the PMPO thingie is creeping in again in another way ?
No. They are justing taking the TI Chip max specs for power output and printing that. The actual output all depends on the implementation of the AMP and not just on the chip. The chip has thermal protection and will cut off the output long before the stated specs based on the flimsy heat sink implemented by these aiyma, fossi, smsl amps. IIRC, someone from ASR has already demonstrated this.

No. They are justing taking the TI Chip max specs for power output and printing that. The actual output all depends on the implementation of the AMP and not just on the chip. The chip has thermal protection and will cut off the output long before the stated specs based on the flimsy heat sink implemented by these aiyma, fossi, smsl amps. IIRC, someone from ASR has already demonstrated this.
Just got the new upgraded AIYIMA T9 Pro version & Fosi Audio V3 delivered today.

Per some of the YouTube videos , Fosi claim to have lot better components with better heat dissipation design and better stability tests compared to AIYIMA A07. Looking to do Op Amp Rolling and testing this amp.

Has anyone tried using T9 / T9 Pro / A08 Pro as a preamp connected with AIYIMA A07 / Fosi Audio V3 via Aux connectivity ?

Got this fossi tp02 today to replace a dying sub amp. I am really amazed at how well this palm sized subwoofer amp can drive the sub. It's like the sub got a new life.

Can be seriously considered for passive subwoofers or if your built in amp has gone bad. Link below for more details and specs

Deal of the day: Fosi Audio TP-02 TDA7498E Subwoofer Amplifier Mini Sub Bass Digital Class D Integrated Subwoofer Amp 220Watt https://amzn.eu/d/eAVwWAv
1000147132.jpg

The good thing about these new kids on the block is that they are absolutely, absolutely silent when no music is playing. The cons are

I seriously doubt the output capacity. It just doesn't have the slam of a real commercial amp.
I have lived with some of these mighty midgets of the Class D world and I've found the performance of these amps to be admirable, especially the newer crop. Some of the Amps i'm currently running are: (1) SMSL DA9 (2) FX Audio D502 (3) SMSL DA8S (4) Aiyima T9 (5) Fosi Audio V3 (6) Aiyima A08 Pro.

I've compared these amps to some of my mainstream amps such as the (1) Willsenton R800i (2) Willsenton R8 [PSVane KT88 tubes] (3) Cambridge Audio CXA81, (4) Marantz PM6006, (5) Marantz SR6013.

Insofar as power output is concerned, the Willsenton R800i has 48W x 2 of Class A power (the unboxing process nearly broke my back as the amp in itself weighs 45kgs without packaging) but cannot go as loud as the Fosi V3 and Aiyima A08 pro when powered by the 48V 5a brick i got from Fosi. However, while not bad by any stretch of imagination, the watts produced by these Class D amps lack the quality of higher priced designs as mentioned by @amrutmhatre90.

What i believe is that the slam in commercial amps is often engineered into the sound by the designer to provide that extra oomph - something which has been done in the Aiyima T09 as opposed to the Aiyima A08 pro and Fosi V3.

Right out of the box, the two Aiyima A08 pro and Fosi V3 do sound a bit flat and lifeless but a bit of EQ magic can work wonders and get quite a bit of that "slam" back (i use the PEQ in the RME ADI- DAC FS).

Amir (drum roll to eye roll) from ASR did run some tests on these amps and verified output to match/better the claims with the requisite power bricks (32v, 36v 48v etc).

Thats right, i had come across the test some time back before getting the Fosi V3. According to the test, a link to which I'm posting below, thermal protection kicks in for the Aiyima A07 at approx 8 minutes of the stress test while it never does for the Fosi V3. The power figures as claimed by these manufacturers has also been found to be accurate in this vid.

Thats right, i had come across the test some time back before getting the Fosi V3. According to the test, a link to which I'm posting below, thermal protection kicks in for the Aiyima A07 at approx 8 minutes of the stress test while it never does for the Fosi V3. The power figures as claimed by these manufacturers has also been found to be accurate in this vid.

Thanks. The fosi v3 must be cleverly using the body as the heat sink. As far as slam is concerned, I have already relegated my tube amp to once in a blue moon listen. Now I usually listen to most of my music on either the Allo AMP or the Aiyima.

EDIT: It is using vents on the bottom and top to get better heat dissipation. And the heatsink at the bottom connects to the casing thus enlarging the heat sink

Last edited:
Thanks. The fosi v3 must be cleverly using the body as the heat sink. As far as slam is concerned, I have already relegated my tube amp to once in a blue moon listen. Now I usually listen to most of my music on either the Allo AMP or the Aiyima.
My daily driver for my primary stereo is still a Class A/B Cambridge CXA81 whereas HT duties are done by the AVR and indeed, the tube amps are for the occasional listen when i feel like exploring the peak performance of the setup and making jaws drop (including mine). However, for my living room, master/guest bedroom and office space, its tiny form factor Class D all the way, primarily because of their footprint and secondly, because they are good enough when setup right.

My daily driver for my primary stereo is still a Class A/B Cambridge CXA81 whereas HT duties are done by the AVR and indeed, the tube amps are for the occasional listen when i feel like exploring the peak performance of the setup and making jaws drop (including mine). However, for my living room, master/guest bedroom and office space, its tiny form factor Class D all the way, primarily because of their footprint and secondly, because they are good enough when setup right.
if you can and want to, can you explain ' setup right' part?

Newbie here. Looking at the discussions (mostly focused on stereo) I am wondering how good these amps would be for a HT. I have a Marantz SR5013, thinking if any of these can be connected to pre-outs and see better output.

Edit: Just seeing these have RCA inputs. Can this still be used for my HT purpose?

Last edited:
Newbie here. Looking at the discussions (mostly focused on stereo) I am wondering how good these amps would be for a HT. I have a Marantz SR5013, thinking if any of these can be connected to pre-outs and see better output.

Edit: Just seeing these have RCA inputs. Can this still be used for my HT purpose?
i would like to know this too, if someone is using these amps in their HT using the Preouts from their AVR

i would like to know this too, if someone is using these amps in their HT using the Preouts from their AVR

Yes you can use these, friend had it connected to a AVR and according to him it opened up the speakers.

Though these have few cons, you will have to remember the volume you set at the amp while AVR was calibrated. Some amps use volume knob as power on off switch which can be a headache.

Ordered today Ayima A07 max just because the price was tempting 7990 after 10% coupon and additional 5% off for credit cards. Shall use for Fronts in HT setup. Also confirmed that what sold on Amazon India is with new stock with 63v Capacitors (not 50v).

these aiyama/topping/smsl/fosi what kind of sound do they have?

these class D amps, are they warm Laid back or thin/analytical?

I prefer warm sounding amps like marantz/nad/brio. does any of these amps provide warm sound?

I prefer warm sounding amps like marantz/nad/brio. does any of these amps provide warm sound?
Aiyima T9 would be your best bet followed by the SMSL DA9.

My Aiyima D03 paired with Infinity Primus P 163 is on the warmer and neutral side. Not thin or analytical. In fact I am considering gettimg a bit brighter speaker with forward vocals for my taste.

I have been using Aiyima D03, A07 and Fosi BT30D Pro since almost 10 months.

D03 is running a pair of Indiq Achal Diamonds and also feeding a powered sub. They are fantastic, lot many connection options, powerful enough even at 60℅ level, quite resolving too.

A07 is hulk when connected with meanwell 48v, truly amplifies what goes in. You need good source/preamp and you rock.

Fosi not used much as it's power deficient when passive sub connected. For normal stereo use in small-medium room it's ok. Currently connected to a pair of taga FS. It has got a punch, get a little warm but as said casing is the heatsink to works well in ac rooms. It's got preout with 3.5mm too.

Hey. Which PSU are you using with the BT30D Pro? I'm thinking of replacing my A07 pro with it since I've just built a tiny passive sub

I have been using Aiyima D03, A07 and Fosi BT30D Pro since almost 10 months.

D03 is running a pair of Indiq Achal Diamonds and also feeding a powered sub. They are fantastic, lot many connection options, powerful enough even at 60℅ level, quite resolving too.

A07 is hulk when connected with meanwell 48v, truly amplifies what goes in. You need good source/preamp and you rock.

Fosi not used much as it's power deficient when passive sub connected. For normal stereo use in small-medium room it's ok. Currently connected to a pair of taga FS. It has got a punch, get a little warm but as said casing is the heatsink to works well in ac rooms. It's got preout with 3.5mm too.
Hi Rahul, could you elaborate on the difference between the D03 and A07. From your write up, I could gather that both are very powerful and decently resolving.

However, if I had to pick one based on SQ, and leaving aside the connectivity options, which would it be and why?

Hey. Which PSU are you using with the BT30D Pro? I'm thinking of replacing my A07 pro with it since I've just built a tiny passive sub
Hi.
BT30D Pro came with its power supply. I am using the same. But as I said, with passive sub (12"/10"), it's power, together with 2.1 appears to be on lower side.

Hi Rahul, could you elaborate on the difference between the D03 and A07. From your write up, I could gather that both are very powerful and decently resolving.

However, if I had to pick one based on SQ, and leaving aside the connectivity options, which would it be and why?
I like the way D03 puts up the presentation. It's power is sufficient and no way feels lesser than A07. With A07, you may need to good source/DAC/processor.
In a couple of day, I may be able to give further details, as I am going to replace the D03 with pre-processor and A07. So side by side checking possible and will report the findings here.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back