Class d amplifiers

S.P.KRISHNA

Often I came across the word class D amplifiers . This in one way suggests that amplifiers are divided into class A,B,C and D. Are there any specifications to divide them into these categories and is class D amp is 4th genration Amp.. Can any one throw light on this.

Regards

Hi,
Reg class A to D amps, no pers experience here...

in case you haven't checked wikipedia yet, you may refer what it has to say here >> Electronic amplifier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Regds,

Often I came across the word class D amplifiers . This in one way suggests that amplifiers are divided into class A,B,C and D. Are there any specifications to divide them into these categories and is class D amp is 4th genration Amp.. Can any one throw light on this.

Regards

All digital Amps are referred to class D and manufactureres claim that they are the amps of future generation . But they also claim that they are not superior amps in terms of SQ and cheap. 2 opposite opinions at a time. Actually I want to have a look at ONKYO digital amp A 9555 but I could not audition them as one has to order them . Reviews are mixed and on average gave 4 out of 5 points . ONKYO claim that they are class D amps. There is also an opinion that digital amps are troublesome as they are mainly based on ICs and not on transistors. Did any one have auditioned these amps?

Regards

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back