Classic 700 catridge/stylus

T.Rajeshwar

Hello dear members,I am happy to join this forum.I am in need of classic 700catridge/stylus for my Sonodyne direct drive turntable.If any body is in possession of it please inform.Also I want to know whether classic E100 is compatible?
Rajeshwar.:)

Yesterday accidentally I damaged the styli of my Classic 700 cartridge and replacement are hard to find in Kolkata. Some old shops are offering the styli from used Philips 242 players at around Rs 450 in Kolkata, but I am not sure of their condition. Dey Electronics stocks a wide range of cartridges and needles from Shure. Can anyone tell which shure styli can fit the Classic 700 cartridge? Should I try that in my old cart, or buy new Shure Cart which are retailing for Rs 3800 (M 44-7) or M97Xe for Rs 6300.

with thanks Logo

Hello dear members,I am happy to join this forum.I am in need of classic 700catridge/stylus for my Sonodyne direct drive turntable.If any body is in possession of it please inform.Also I want to know whether classic E100 is compatible?
Rajeshwar.:)
Even I also have Sonodyne Directdrive turntable and using Classic 700 MM cartridge. I think Shure or Audio Technics cartridge should work well.

I suggest to go for new one. My be Shure or other ones.
Old ones re used & condition is not known to ny one. So better to hve new one.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back