Cartridge N Stylus Dilemma

Bidya

Hello Friends,

Recently the stylus of my TT was broken. Its a Classic 700 Cartridge. Stylus of this cartridge is not available anymore, I suppose. Few of Respected Senior Members of this forum have suggested to buy generic M75e, M55e stylus as replacement. I have found that those are not available in India, which will have to be ordered from abroad. There is shipping problem to my location. Hence, I am looking for Indian Sellers. I have found, Sun Infonet of Delhi is the authorised Shure Seller in India. They have M44-7 and M92E Cartridges which are within my range and they will ship to my location. At this point those Senior Members have suggested to buy entry level Audio Technica Carts which are available around Rs.2K onwards and are good enough for home listening.

I have recently entered into the world of vinyls, hence it can be said I am newbie to this world. Hence, I request all the members of this forum to guide me choosing the right cart or stylus. Also, please inform where those can be bought in India, specially Audio Technica products.

Regards.

Ask New Gramophone House..Google it please. I've bought from them a few techniqu's stylus and they have supplied these.

Shure M44-7 and M97xE are usually available from Electronic Emporium in Mumbai. Try 9820901941.

please post about the rest of your system and the sort of music you listen to

My Current set up is Samsung Hometheatre, a Phono Preamp. I use the Hometheatre in Stereo mode for listening music. Though it is not a dedicated stereo set up, still I love its sound. Whatever being played, it gives sound of clean vocals with balanced bass. My vinyl collection contains LPs/EPs of Hindi Films and Oriya Films/Albums. Thus, I listen to most of Hindi/Oriya Film Music. I am a big fan of R.D.Burman Music.

Regards.

Try www.bajaoo.com they have phono cartridges with good pricing. or call sasikumar from chennai for stylus 9840496860

Regards
Srinivasan.M
Coimbatore

My Current set up is Samsung Hometheatre, a Phono Preamp. I use the Hometheatre in Stereo mode for listening music. Though it is not a dedicated stereo set up, still I love its sound. Whatever being played, it gives sound of clean vocals with balanced bass. My vinyl collection contains LPs/EPs of Hindi Films and Oriya Films/Albums. Thus, I listen to most of Hindi/Oriya Film Music. I am a big fan of R.D.Burman Music.

Regards.

the pricing he has gotten from his source is pretty decent.
Question is M44-7 vs M92 vs other alternatives (AT91, AT95 from grabmore etc) given his current setup

There is shipping problem to my location. Hence, I am looking for Indian Sellers.

You may order Jico replacement stylus in Jico web site. Shipping is not a problem if India Post service is available to your location. Jico uses Japan Post service for shipping who's partner in India is India Post. Japan Post handed over the parcel with India Post at Mumbai then India Post taken care the customs and further delivery. Even we can track in India Post website with the same tracking number which Jico/Japan Post given while dispatch.

You may order Jico replacement stylus in Jico web site. Shipping is not a problem if India Post service is available to your location. Jico uses Japan Post service for shipping who's partner in India is India Post. Japan Post handed over the parcel with India Post at Mumbai then India Post taken care the customs and further delivery. Even we can track in India Post website with the same tracking number which Jico/Japan Post given while dispatch.

Use full information Sir, did not know that. Yes, India Post is available here. Can you inform, how much custom duty is charged ?

Thanks.

Use full information Sir, did not know that. Yes, India Post is available here. Can you inform, how much custom duty is charged ?

Thanks.

Most of the time will not be charged anything for lesser order values say less than 50-60$. If they charge then it will be around 30% of purchase value.

I purchased the VN35E HE-SAS from Jico. That's quite expensive. But no issues with shipping. It reached me on time, and I did not have to pay any duty.

Regards
Atanu

Hi

Looking for M55e with or without stylus, suggest me where can i get that , even used also fine for me., please mail me of you come across.

Thanks

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back