Classic 700 stylus

vmscbe1974

Dear friends

I would like to know if Classic 700 magnetic cartridges and stylus are still available? Iam looking out for my cosmic cogram4000 mark II TT.Iam from Coimbatore, Tamilnadu.

Regards
Srinivas

Hai,

I dont think you will get Classic 700 now. But I suggest you can opt for Audio Technica AT-91 MM Cartridge and Stylus, they will cost you about Rs.1500/- I am using the same for the past 2 years and its real VFM.
Mohan Music were having stock of it last week.

You can contact them at :

MOHAN MUSIC
M.Sasikumar
#6, Ritchie Street, Mount Road, Chennai-2
Ph: 28415165
mobile : 9840496860

I hope this helps.

N.Murali.

Dear friends

I would like to know if Classic 700 magnetic cartridges and stylus are still available? Iam looking out for my cosmic cogram4000 mark II TT.Iam from Coimbatore, Tamilnadu.

Regards
Srinivas

i've seen a cosmic at babu quereshi's place he might have a spare cart. 9892550678

Hi Srinivas, Classic 700 stylus is not available anymore. I second Murali's idea. Go for Audio Technica stylus, this cartridge is universal, can fit cosmic TT without any problem. Buying through e bay costs the same.

Regards,
Anil

Dear friends

I thank you for your kind post and i spoke to Sasikumar and would be getting my cartridge in three/ four days time.
regards
Srinivas

where do u guys buy your lps from? What is the price range they can be purchased at? My impression is 1000-1500 rupees for new. Is that correct?

regards

Dear friends,
Are Classic 700 cartridges available in Singapore?Kindly let me know.
Thanking you,
pkanathan

Hello PKSNathan,

Classic 700 Stylus were made by a Indian company EEI and they are very scarce now. Instead you can try the Audio-Technica range they sound better than EEI make. Pl refer to their website. They suit almost all Cartridge head , they last long and sound very good. They are good VFM.

thank you,

N Murali

Last edited:
where do u guys buy your lps from? What is the price range they can be purchased at? My impression is 1000-1500 rupees for new. Is that correct?

regards

Hai Anm,

You can get LPs at Ritchie street or Moore market in CHENNAI. As per one shopkeeper at Moore Market he has access to One Lakh LPs, sourced from Bombay and Calcutta. The prices are not so steep Rs.100-150 for hit albums , for devotional / films it is Rs.30-50 per LP. The prices also dpend on the demand for the album.

Thanks ,

N Murali.

Last edited:
Hello PKSNathan,

Classic 700 Stylus were made by a Indian company EEI and they are very scarce now. Instead you can try the Audio-Technica range they sound better than EEI make. Pl refer to their website. They suit almost all Cartridge head , they last long and sound very good. They are good VFM.

thank you,

N Murali

Sir.
I thank you for reply.I shall try to source Audio- Technica cartridge.
Sincerely,
pksnathan

Hello murali n sir,
I request you to kindly let me know where in Ritchie Street and Moore Market the LPs are available.Thanking you,
Sincerely,
pksnathan

Hello murali n sir,
I request you to kindly let me know where in Ritchie Street and Moore Market the LPs are available.Thanking you,
Sincerely,
pksnathan

Dear Mr.Nathan

You can get in touch with Sampath and Ramulu from the Mooremarket Complex next to Central Railway station, chennai and meet Mr.Ravi in Poppat Jamal & sons opp.Spencer plaza Anna salai who would be a great help for sourcing Lps of your choice.

Regards
Srinivas
coimbatore.

Dear Mr.Nathan

You can get in touch with Sampath and Ramulu from the Mooremarket Complex next to Central Railway station, chennai and meet Mr.Ravi in Poppat Jamal & sons opp.Spencer plaza Anna salai who would be a great help for sourcing Lps of your choice.

Regards
Srinivas
coimbatore.

Dear Mr.Srinivas,
I thank you for your reply.I am planning to contact the persons whom you have mentioned.Can I refer your name to them?
Regards,
Sincerely yours,
pksnathan
p

I am a total novice in this subject, but my interest was rekindled recently. Rekindled because I grew up listening to LP's on my father's changer, but lost touch with it after moving out. Meanwhile, the changer was neglected by my father, mainly because he could not find a decent hand who knew the job of repairing it. Actually, the person who serviced it last for my father, passed away about a decade back. Anyway, I recently brought the changer with me to Kolkata (my parents live in the suburbs, just outside of the city), and thinking the problem lay with the cables, gave it to my neighbourhood electrician to check all the continuities.

He now tells me that all connections are okay, and the problem lies with the cartridge. He even removed the cartridge and gave it to me to find a replacement. The cartridge bears a number on it, saying E 100. And the changer is of Garrard make, though I can't give the model number right now, as the set is still with him.

My questions are:

i) What's the chance that he is correct?
ii) I see, after going through this wonderful forum, that cartridge and stylii are available separately. So might not it be the fault of only the stylus?
iii) Is there any place in Kolkata where I can go for help? I find all the addresses are predominantly from the south, bengaluru and chennai in particular. (Though I have half a mind to call somebody called Balaji.)

Dear friends

Regards
Srinivas

Hi Srinivas
Classic 700 magnetic stylus is available in Chandni Market (Near Dharmatalla),Kolkata.I use it for Philips 15 GA 242 belt drive record player.It is an updated information.

Regards
Tuhin

dear tuhin

Thanks for the updated message.May i know the cost? would you be able to get me one?
Regards
Srinivasan

Hi vmscbe,

I have used the E-100 Crat + stylus with Cosmic TT(Belt drive), I would say that the AT-91 costing around Rs.1500-1750/- is definitely a better product, this conclusion I have come after using it for 3 years.

N.Murali

Dear Shuvendu

Thanks for your reply. I have moved on to Shure cartridges. Still there are more likes for Classic 700 stylus. It could get you better reach. Thanks for replying to my query.If you have any records kindly let me know I will buy.
Regards
Srinivas

Rare and Collectable Audio CD.

Hi,
I am having some rare and collectable Audio CD, which I want to sell or barter (exchange) with other Audio CD. If any one Interested please let me know.

Regards,
Shuvendu Roy :)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back