clueless on which receivers

mak3nshi

Hey all,

At the moment I'm using this receiver.

Yamaha Music Australia - Audio Visual - Home Theatre Packages

Which I paired up to the Accusound 8.5 speakers.

I was wondering am I missing out much on the Blue Ray experience since my receiver doesn't support the newer audio formats such as Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD
DTS-HD.

Do these newer audio formats offer a noticeable improvement to warrant a purchase to a more higher end receiver?

Also does a higher end receiver improve sound quality at all in general?

Will a receiver like this be considered an upgrade?

Yamaha RXV565B Digital Home Theatre Receiver - eBay, Receivers, Tuners, Audio, Electronics. (end time 15-Jan-10 15:01:24 AEDST)

Hey all,

At the moment I'm using this receiver.

Yamaha Music Australia - Audio Visual - Home Theatre Packages

Which I paired up to the Accusound 8.5 speakers.

I was wondering am I missing out much on the Blue Ray experience since my receiver doesn't support the newer audio formats such as Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD
DTS-HD.

Do these newer audio formats offer a noticeable improvement to warrant a purchase to a more higher end receiver?

Also does a higher end receiver improve sound quality at all in general?

Will a receiver like this be considered an upgrade?

Yamaha RXV565B Digital Home Theatre Receiver - eBay, Receivers, Tuners, Audio, Electronics. (end time 15-Jan-10 15:01:24 AEDST)

Your current reciever does have , 5.1 analog /6CH inputs, to get signals from an external decoder, such as a bluray player, with 5.1 channel analog o/p's, so there is no urgent need to upgrade, just buy a bluray player with the 5.1 analog sound o/p.

Yamaha RX-V 565 is a basic 7.1 channel amp, if you want to make the 5.1 to 7.1 upgrade, then its ok.

REGARDING QUALITY OF NEW HD SOUND FORMATS,FOR THAT YOU YOURSELF WILL HAVE TO DECIDE, AS FOR SOME ITS A BIG DIFF, TO SOME JUST A MINOR IMPROVEMENT.

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back