CNC workshop in Bangalore for cabinets

You can PM our FM GeorgeO who I think has used the CNC workshop guys for the cabinets. Even I have done cabinets for BS and FS but used my local carpenter and for driver cut-outs I have used a jigsaw which I feel is not perfect but does the job. A CNC at any time gives a perfect finish and also reduces your time in finishing with multiple options like veneering or spray painting etc.,

For an MDF sub woofer driver cutout you don't need a CNC workshop to do it but having access to someone who has a Jasper Jig and a router would be good. A good carpenter can easily do it for you-I've done it many times( and a few times it's been badly done as well!)

If you do want to do it using a CNC machine there is a guy who is very pricey, located close to Koramangala, near Asiad village. I can give you directions to his place though I don't have his phone number or mailing address

Sorry for moving for the topic, any pointers to good enclosure/cabinet locally available? or someone who can fabricate it in Bangalore? I checked the threads and there are no specific mentions/ pointers

Yes, that's the guy, I recall Antony pointing me to him. He is ridiculously high priced and didn't do my MTM speaker baffles properly, despite giving him detailed drawings. I didn't find out right then, since the assembly was a few days away, so I paid him and took the stuff away. Ultimately I had no choice but to re do the baffles. In a single word, would I recommend him? NO!

I've used at least four or five carpenters, with varying results, some of them are not available, some have retired, others not reachable. A sub enclosure is a relatively simple box, so I suggest you do the following:

1. Make a cutting diagram for the enclosure.

2. Make a basic drawing that the carpenter will understand and walk him through explaining your design.

3.Supervise his baffle cutting-that's the only thing you need to approve before he assembles it.

4. Use threaded inserts to mount the drivers-if you don't know what they are you need to get them from SP Road-do a search on the net you will understand what they are.

5. If you have more questions PM me your number!

Hi George,

As we were discussing over PMs, probably for small cabinets, it may be costly or same price to build locally, given that one needs to purchase complete mdf sheets.

Any idea what would be rough cost of just doing driver/terminal cutouts ?

Usually they charge based on time and here at Cochin the rate is around 1000/Hour if we provide the CAD drawing. Some guys here bill Rs. 150/Hr for drawing.

Thanks,
Bibin

Good reason why you need to get a circular saw and a medium sized router. You can make your own Jasper jig. But you HAVE to be careful . If you are very new to all this better to avoid using power tools on your own.
But it does help you save the trouble of finding a 'good' carpenter. If you are making just one pair of cabinets, skip it. But if you like experimenting then it's worth it.
Also , it's better never to work alone. Chances of making expensive mistakes will be significantly reduced.

Click on my signature to get to a post listing out all the builds of GR Research kits. One of them (Baswamin I think) has built his kits using MDF panels cut on CNC machine.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back