Coimbatore HFV Nano Meet

PS: Why not Fostex? Because the soldering has loosened / gone out in the left (no sound) .. or is it right? :eek: and I still had not found the "right" time to open it yet.

My bad :eek:. I remember soldering it well, but I opened it a lot of times later for getting the mods right. I guess I should have checked the solder points before shipping to you.

Or probably you can save me from my guilt trip by confessing that it was you who stretched the wire more than it could withstand.:p

Or probably you can save me from my guilt trip by confessing that it was you who stretched the wire more than it could withstand.:p

We can both save ourselves by blaming it on iaudio ;)

After all, the last time I used them (probably before I bought speakers, months ago), they were still ok. It was Titus who found that one channel was completely missing. So, we can say that Titus in his :mad: on me giving him only half an hour to try out all headphones could have pulled the wires "enthusiastically" :p

We can both save ourselves by blaming it on iaudio ;)

After all, the last time I used them (probably before I bought speakers, months ago), they were still ok. It was Titus who found that one channel was completely missing. So, we can say that Titus in his :mad: on me giving him only half an hour to try out all headphones could have pulled the wires "enthusiastically" :p
(Bollywood ishtyle)
Haan.. main wohi Titus hoon jisne tumhare stereo set up ke baarein mein acha bura kaha!

Haan.. main wohi Titus hoon jisne tumhara Fostex orthodynamic hps bigada!

Haan... MAIN WOHI Titus hoon jisne raat or din train pakadke Coimbatore HFV meet keliye tumhare ghar aaya!

Haan...haan..haan! ( ta da ta da...emoshanal Background music playing, hitting head on keyboard)

Bhagwan mujhe kya kya sunna or sehna padega is audio yatra mein... Shakti do, shakti do!

(For all who didnt understand...nah..dont bother, just for drama)
Mods, ek galti maaf karo!

(Bollywood ishtyle)
Haan.. main wohi Titus hoon jisne tumhare stereo set up ke baarein mein acha bura kaha!

Haan.. main wohi Titus hoon jisne tumhara Fostex orthodynamic hps bigada!

Haan... MAIN WOHI Titus hoon jisne raat or din train pakadke Coimbatore HFV meet keliye tumhare ghar aaya!

Haan...haan..haan! ( ta da ta da...emoshanal Background music playing, hitting head on keyboard)

Bhagwan mujhe kya kya sunna or sehna padega is audio yatra mein... Shakti do, shakti do!

(For all who didnt understand...nah..dont bother, just for drama)
Mods, ek galti maaf karo!

wow!

YOUR RASHRTA BAASHA = is up there with the best!:clapping:

A sad iaudio in a Black & White movie shtyle setting with shlowwww "toing, toing" in the background :lol:

What to do? If you are I audio.. you need to sacrifice "I" for the audio :rolleyes:

To make up for the "sadness", next time we can make it a part HFV, part Head-fi meet ;)

that's seriously impressive hindi for a mallu :) i say this because mine is beyond rubbish, and i've even lived for a couple of years in delhi (and a year and a half in bombay).

Actually IME mallu's have the best hindi skills among the southern states.
One of my best friends is from Thrissur, Kerala & he could teach hindi to some north indians. :)

@all, So my 10th Std Hindi lessons didnt really go to waste, eh?(*hides Malayalam-Hindi dictionary and Rapidex Hindi Speaking course under the table*)
Thank you for the kind words!

Esanthosh, Wah bhai wah! Kya comeback dialogue mara!

Gurubhai, If you had been somewhere closer, we could have had one helluva can jam!

Last edited:
A small update: Earlier, thevortex recommended me to try cPlay. I did try, but at that time, I could find little difference between foobar2000 and cPlay, though I "felt" it was slightly better.

Since yesterday, I've been playing through cMP + cPlay and I am finally hearing something what I can call "decent" from my system. The imaging is very good (I feel >= CDP, though I am yet to compare), the details are all there and the clarity has improved a great notch. May be it's the reverb / reflections, I hear some excess energy at certain frequencies. I'd be carrying out a few simple room correction measures at my own measured pace soon. Hopefully, it should bring my setup to a better level .............until iaudio comes for the next meet and finds out all the faults :p

Next month would be a bit exciting - not for my wallet, but for my experimentations ;)

The imaging is very good (I feel >= CDP, though I am yet to compare), the details are all there and the clarity has improved a great notch.

Thatz promising!:eek:hyeah:

Good to see you tweaking your setup 24x7, I think it is a great feeling. Credit goes to Iaudio! Also, I have not told iaudio about the recent happenings, will update him once I am done with it!:)

Cheers!

Since this thread will not appear in "New Posts" and not many will even read this, I am braver enough to put forward this subjective opinion ;)

With Maverick TubeMagic, after weeks of opamp and tube rolling, I might have hit the "sweet spot". So, here are the results:

Opamp (in DAC position only, Headphone amp unchecked) :

Audio-GD Sun Dual HDAM > LT1364CN8 > Stock

Tubes :

Western Electric 396A (Mine is a 1950's New-In-Box) >> Raytheon 5670 Wind-mill Getter >> GE 5670W NOS (from PristineNote / Maverick Audio) > Stock Chinese Tube

Outputs (Tested using WE396A Tube "Pre Out"):

Coaxial (Essence STX) >= Optical (Marantz CD63SE) >>> USB (Gigabyte GA785GMT-USB3)

USB sounds like coming from a cardboard box :(

Not to my ears :)

That is just the comparison among equals - the Outputs of Mav. My initial opinion (CDP / STX > Maverick) still stands as-is.

Now that my amp is getting ready, I feel the need to upgrade my DAC.
But I can't seem to find a better DAC for about the price of STX.
uDAC-2 would have been an option but I am quite wary of its FOTM status.
I considered the audinst & D4 mamba too but they don't have co-axial input & from my experience & FWIR coaxial >> USB.
I guess I just would have to shell out some big bucks for the upgrade. :(

I am searching for the same. Something that can beat or at the very least a minor upgrade in SQ compared to STX and CD63SE.

I'm considering the following (listed in ascending order of prices), but am still confused :(

1. Audio-GD NFB-3 : Dual WM8741, cheaper price ($300). However it's a promotional offer and the production would end once all units are sold.
  2. HRT Music Streamer II+ or Pro - Again only USB Input. But, supposed to be very good
  3. Yulong D100
  4. Audio-GD DAC-19 DSP-1
  5. Benchmark DAC1 (used)

I have gathered that the value of Audio-GD products is in there higher end line & that there cheaper just don't cut it. Also lot of shills over at HF make me wary.
Benchmark DAC1 even used would be about $600 which is beyond my budget, and so is DAC-19.
Haven't read upon Yulong D100, will look it up.
HRT is again USB & I don't think that it supports 24/96.
I have a lot of music in high resolution & I would prefer its support.

If I have to shell out about $300-$400, I shall probably go with amb Gamma 2 DAC.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back