Coimbatore HFV Nano Meet

gobble, that's two poems in two days! And your poetic skills shows dramatic improvements within a day:lol:

You mean the first poem was bad?!!! :mad:
Now your duplicity and fake raves are exposed and you true feelings stand revealed !! :D :)

Cheers

Well ...

Golden Ears can lay to rest
Unfounded fears that bug me like a pest
Temper can he, an audiophile's boast
Send false pride packing down the coast

:eek:hyeah: :)

Cheers

Wah Ustad, kya sher arj kiya hain!:clapping:

iaudio & esantosh,

Thanks for the get to-gether, the detailed write-up and the time you guys have spent in producing this write-up for us:thumbsup: The close-up of the Diamond 10.6 reminds me to write-up a review of the 10.7 and post it:)

iaudio, I think we should call you the Xuanzang of Hifivision;)

thekinge,Thank you, I am honored! So I presume we will have Wharfedale 10.7 review from you this week?

iaudio, I think we should call you the Xuanzang of Hifivision;)

Then the reviews will read :-

In 2010, the eSantosh Dynasty collapsed and iAudio and his brother ( some say the king of the eSantosh dynasty himself, in disguise) fled to B'lore, which had been proclaimed as the capital of the Gobble state, for his next audiophile encounter, and thence southward to his hometown. :)

Last edited:
I was being a good boy and typing up the second days account when our own 'Smart Spender' called me up and we chatted away to glory about music, movies, our Ilairaja/a.r.r favourite tracks etc!

Santosh, Iaudio, TheKinge, TheVortex, Gobble;), et al,

Thank you for adding lot of stereo effects to the forum lately. I am enjoying every bit of your post regarding 2-channels.

Iaudio - that was a great write-up mate, as precisely said by Bala, very professional!

Esantosh - Hmm, you have heluv lot of gadgets and I am sure in no time that they will turn out to be one of the best setups around, with little bit of tweaking!

TheKinge - You set the ball rolling with your mini-meet, thanks to you! You turned my attention towards a CD player. You guys are giving me a hard time!

Cheers!

Esantosh - Hmm, you have heluv lot of gadgets and I am sure in no time that they will turn out to be one of the best setups around, with little bit of tweaking!

Thanks for the wishes. Hopefully, "golden ears" (err... what's his name again? :p) will find my setup at least satisfactory next time. If he does that (now that he has a solid reference of where it stands now & hopefully will invade Gobbleland to have more references of where it can be), I'd have done something worth.

However, "lot" is a relative word. Signed into HFV 12 hours a day and talking about "enough" / "lot"? No chance ;)

Venki,
Thank you!
You are up for a write up on your stereo experience with the Nad and MA BR2.

Hi,

I have not yet picked up the BR2's and am expecting that to happen by the first part of the day tomorrow. Will be buying some CD collections from Landmark or Musicworld tomorrow! Would be glad if you could list some albums!

Regarding the writeup, I am still nowwhere near to a beginner, I am going to let myself fiddle with my setup and audition a few good stereo setups before jumping into reviews, etc., as I have listened to not more than 2 or 3 setups so far and still perplexed about audio terminologies.

Hope I get invites from the audio gurus here to listen to their stereo setups! Especially, the tubes are really tempting, at least to touch!:eek:hyeah:

Cheers!

Last edited:
Then the reviews will read :-

In 2010, the eSantosh Dynasty collapsed and iAudio and his brother ( some say the king of the eSantosh dynasty himself, in disguise) fled to B'lore, which had been proclaimed as the capital of the Gobble state, for his next audiophile encounter, and

...FunnyRedDevil, the king of the Gobble state did not take kindly to the satiric versus about his audiophile-dom from iAudio & his brother and hence imprisoned them for eternity and condemned them to be fed with music from Bose for Breakfast, LG for Lunch and Sony for supper:lol:

...FunnyRedDevil, the king of the Gobble state did not take kindly to the satiric versus about his audiophile-dom from iAudio & his brother and hence imprisoned them for eternity and condemned them to be fed with music from Bose for Breakfast, LG for Lunch and Sony for supper:lol:
thekinge, you seem to be one person who can beat Funnyreddevil at his own game!

Btw, I like the punishment, LOL.

My pleasure svenkateshsmart! Always glad to help smart spenders;)

Hi,

Ha ha. For a while, at least for a while, if possible for an untraceable period of time, I would like to be just "smart" and skip the "spender.":eek:hyeah: But this thought lasts only momentarily most of the times!

Cheers!

Esanthosh, Whats the update on your system with the new 'tweak' that you have put in place?
Any other changes?
Did Audire bring over their amp to test with your set up?

^ I have not listened to the setup at all after the meet. So, updates will be after other "changes". Helps me dump all the audio memory and find out more issues when I listen fresh ;)

Nopes! Audire is still in the process of building their Amp. Have not heard from them in a week. The Amp, to answer your previous question, is the same Class A one they paired with Callistos on Day 1 of the meet.

Hi Iaudio and eesantosh,

Could you both pls throw some light on Maverick DAC tubemagic? Especially, the way it sounds when connected to HTPC.

Cheers!

Venki, If you check my post on listening impressions with various set ups, I have mentioned that I wasnt so happy with Mav D1s DAC performance esp with respect to the Marantz cd63se.

Venki, If you check my post on listening impressions with various set ups, I have mentioned that I wasnt so happy with Mav D1s DAC performance esp with respect to the Marantz cd63se.

Hi,

I did go through them, but just wanted to confirm with you once again, as the specs seems to be really good.

Also, with a huge amount of FLAC files in HTPC and xtreamer, I am really stuck now!

Cheers!

^ Smart Spender,

Do not write D1 off yet. Keep in mind that the whole 10 hour comparison was not in the most satisfactory conditions - we were "hearing" music, not listening. I had almost quit on this setup for about 3 weeks and then out of the blue, made lot of minor changes to the room - yesterday and today.

I've been skeptical of room correction - as to the % of improvement it can bring to a setup that does not perform as well. But even the minor changes, without spending any money has changed my perception. I still feel my setup has a long way to go before I settle down. But, the improvements today in SQ is the ray of hope to keep me going.

Perhaps, a realistic comparison can be drawn in CBE HFV Meet #2 a few months later.

I am going to try opamp swapping in D1 in the mean while. So, may be it'll make Titus change his mind next time ;)

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back