Coimbatore HFV Nano Meet

Gobble, I think the Dartzeel which they are getting is also a Class A. It is supposed to be quite expensive.
Denom, I dont know the specs of the speakers for metal. Pl contact Audire for the same.

Hiten, Thanks, the radio, I am not sure its working.

Hiten, Thanks, the radio, I am not sure its working.
If any valves are needed tell me the valve number. I have few working condition radio valves. I can give it free. Or if there is any other problem with radio would like to help.:)

Glad you felt free to discuss perceived shortcomings so comfortably without any fear of offending the owner of the HiFi gear

Hope I don't get too philosophical - IMHO, if you are not accepting shortcomings, you can never improve :)

About the xonar STX - this is exactly what I imagined about the SQ even without hearing them. Hence never purchased it. What is the make of the PSU used in your PC?

PSU is Corsair VX450.

Now to ponder over how to improve the setup with the IO2s. Personally, I would love to hear my GG preamp in Santosh's setup - I know it will sound great. I also suspect the ICs may be influencing the sound - with a driver like the fostex, it can expose limitations in the chain

Yep! Once I finish room correction, it'd be the ICs and the amp. I've requested Sharath to bring their Power amp (once it is complete) to check with the IO2. The problem with a set of revealing speakers is that it does not cover shortcomings for you :)

Santhosh - I am sure your setup is capable of much, much more. And being the inveterate experimenter that you are, you probably will get to the root of the matter very soon. I am actually very surprised that the Xonar Essence card did not sound impressive. Over and above everything else, I find it very very surprising that the gain on the sound card was low. Typically these sound cards send very high gain signals through their analog output

Bala,

I too am unable to figure out. I had to keep foobar to near 100%, STX master @ 63 and IO2s near 2 o' clock. Usually I keep foobar at -11 to -18 (depending on the source albums' gain level), STX @ 30 and IO2 close to 1 o' clock. Something was definitely wrong there.

iAudio and eSantosh, Thanks for sharing. As I like vintage stuff good to see murphy radio in immaculate condition.
Regards

I have some more real antique pieces from my grandfather's time. Had restored them about 3 years ago. Some of the unusable items got a transformation - for e.g., the TV stand borrows heavily from an old cot which was in unusable condition. That Murphy radio was still singing when I was a kid. I'd love to restore it to working status someday, if I can :)

thanks guys for that wonderful insight and,good to put another face to the forum handle :D.great to see you had a good time.

esanthosh,ur room looks like it needs a huge,cozy rug :).am sure it will change the acoustics of ur room a little,but enough to feel the difference in macro/micro dynamics.u have lovely setup,and come across as a true audio gadget freak :clapping:.enoy the music

iaudio,great words.damn,i wish i could listen to all that.the AT's mainly :eek:.cheers

Sharath of Audire feels that Class D amps are not suitable for Audire IO2s, or single drivers in particular( though my experience with Lyrita and tp20 was absolutely fine) because of their high damping factore. Tube amps with low damping factor are required here and Santhosh was asked to consider getting the same.

Can't we try controlling the damping using cables? Specifically CAT5 using this?

iaudio,great words.damn,i wish i could listen to all that.the AT's mainly :eek:.cheers

Doc! What are you resisting? The wide sound stage that can work well with both Classical music as well as present spatial information in games (read, not tried)? Something that can also work with movies? That unparalleled alien look you get for free when these are on? That it comes recommended by "golden ears". Come on, you can't hold for long :D

Can you shed more light on the Audire speakers which are more suited to 'Rock/Metal' genre??? Specs/Price plus what kind of amp would pair well with them???

Trust me Denom, They are not suited for that kind of music. They excel in music genre where mids are predominant, like Jazz for ex.

Sharath of Audire feels that Class D amps are not suitable for Audire IO2s, or single drivers in particular

Sharat is spot on. We had similar experience at Venkat's place.

Yes, Cap'n what happened at Chennai and Coimbatore seems quite similar in retrospect.

Trying out a decent tube amp would give a clear answer to the conundrum.

Santhosh, what kind of amp is Audire planning to bring over to your place?

iAudio and eSantosh

Since you've "heard them all" at Audire and also the IO2, you should drop in when in Blore and check out my Callistoes. I will be very interested to hear your opinion. :)

Cheers

iAudio and eSantosh

Since you've "heard them all" at Audire and also the IO2, you should drop in when in Blore and check out my Callistoes. I will be very interested to hear your opinion. :)

Cheers

gobble -

you really mean -

you want "golden ears" to listen and pass a verdict? (absolute truth and honesty - as perceived!)

regds

suri

Yes, Cap'n what happened at Chennai and Coimbatore seems quite similar in retrospect.

Trying out a decent tube amp would give a clear answer to the conundrum.

Santhosh, what kind of amp is Audire planning to bring over to your place?

Spoke to Sharat about two months back. He said they are going big time into class D amps. Didn't confirm whether it is IR or Hype chip though. Infact that was a trigger for me to take the plunge into Class D.

Because of this I think Sharat is on a cross road right now (as single driver is close to his heart.:)

gobble -

you really mean -

you want "golden ears" to listen and pass a verdict? (absolute truth and honesty - as perceived!)

regds

suri

Well ...

Golden Ears can lay to rest
Unfounded fears that bug me like a pest
Temper can he, an audiophile's boast
Send false pride packing down the coast

:eek:hyeah: :)

Cheers

Yeah !
Learned the art from my Granny
and refined it with my Nanny
But Now-a-days, prefer watching HD on my Panny
Guess you didn't know I was such a "Gyanee" ? :cool:

:)

cheers

Well ...

Golden Ears can lay to rest
Unfounded fears that bug me like a pest
Temper can he, an audiophile's boast
Send false pride packing down the coast

:eek:hyeah: :)

Cheers

gobble, that's two poems in two days! And your poetic skills shows dramatic improvements within a day:lol:

iaudio & esantosh,

Thanks for the get to-gether, the detailed write-up and the time you guys have spent in producing this write-up for us:thumbsup: The close-up of the Diamond 10.6 reminds me to write-up a review of the 10.7 and post it:)

iaudio, I think we should call you the Xuanzang of Hifivision;)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back