Compatibility Issues of Himedia Media Players with certain Hard Disks

gsajal

I have a hitachi Sata 6.0 Gb/s model no. HDS721010DE630 and it's not compatible with both the media player and the laptop, if i format it using the media player, its not recognized by the windows 7 and if i format it in FAT32 using the EaseUS partition manager, it is not recognized by the media player. I have tried formatting in NTFS, FAT 32, ExFAT and even the EXT 2 partition but nothing worked.

After banging my head everywhere and trying every kind of solution, i came across this post i thought i MUST share with every himedia owner or a would be owner......

" Dear Himedia owners,
after lot of trials I would like to warn you about a compatibility issue with HDDs Sata III 6GB, like the recent WD Caviar Green series, such as WD30EZRX. A (let's hope 'official') firmware update should be urgent and needed to fix the problem. Obviously I contacted Himedia but, of course, no answer. On the contrary, Futeko has answered but saying they can't help.
Till when the fix will be available, please be aware that those harddisks could not work on your mediaplayer. Since they're currently made available on the market at a decent price, I thought to warn you before wasting money.
Regards "

So any suggestions are welcome here. This comes from a noob and i hope that the more technical people here should be able to sort this one out.

I guess I am also facing this issue. Recently got Segate baracuda 7200 RPM 3TB internal HDD
(Amazon.com: Seagate Barracuda 7200 3 TB 7200RPM SATA 6 Gb/s NCQ 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive ST3000DM001: Electronics) from US and now searching for USB case in local markets. Though I am running custom firmware on media player from OllyP (futeko member) and windows 7 home basic, too many issues to transfer data from existing 1 tb external hdd. The format tool in the official firmware was full of issues till last release. The new release claims to have resolved issues but not used it yet.
Regards,

Amit

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back