Component vs HDMI for DTH

frnd08

My 26" LCD (KLV26T400A) supports HDMI upscaling upto 1080p and component upscaling upto 1080i. it has only one HDMI port. I have currently connected my LG DV388 via HDMI with my LCD and DTH (Big TV) via component. Now when HD transmission comes to India, should I use the same component cable to watch transmission at 1080i? or should i use an HDMI changer/switcher to connect to the STB?

i know this is a premature question as hd transmission is at its inception. but i would appreciate a reply.

thanks.

My 26" LCD (KLV26T400A) supports HDMI upscaling upto 1080p and component upscaling upto 1080i. it has only one HDMI port. I have currently connected my LG DV388 via HDMI with my LCD and DTH (Big TV) via component. Now when HD transmission comes to India, should I use the same component cable to watch transmission at 1080i? or should i use an HDMI changer/switcher to connect to the STB?

i know this is a premature question as hd transmission is at its inception. but i would appreciate a reply.

thanks.

For 26in if you use 720p over component,it will also give good Vid Q.no need to be 1080p.
Other opt is HDMI switcher which may be costly.

thanks.

Even with the caveat you have identified, you won't get 1080P broadcast for DTV. SO component should do mighty fine even then. HDMI is still better for DVDs and audio whenever the AVR or music player supports it as not all of them send audio and video over HDMI even now.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back