Components that floored you!

if i were you i'd listen to the es80 again before i would decide. and also other speakers in the price range. i dont rate them too highly. and neither the hk 3480. very poor soundstage

Afj Some of the highly priced systems ,in right settings sounded too dry to me!this is matter of Indivisusl taste ....and taste is in noone's control !!! ......I prefer Jack Daniels over Black Lbel ( I like BL but things are different with Jack!) and more I'll prefer Haywards 5000 ( Indian local super strong Beer) Over Imported Corona & Tiger!

And people's taste is in noone's hand and market is not governed by best products but product satisfying a lot different needs! Again Bose was ( and maybe still) world's biggest speaker manufacturer and bagpiper due to it's high sales comes in top whiskys by volume!Ditto in Cars Honda City which maybe lacking certain performance traits , but providing good looks,very good brand image and amazing fuel quality is top seller in it's catagory!

Understanding consumer and gauging his demands is not science but extreamly difficult art!

Till couple of days back i was getting floored by own system of Oppo 980 + Norge 1000 + Mission M35i. Cause thats the only system i had heared...:lol::D

However i had the oppurtunity to listen our forum member Bobby's set up.
Nad CDP + Naim amp + usher BE718 speakers.....
Pure Nirvana......the vocals sounded so real .....the music so sweet....:clapping::clapping:....truly floored...

Also a combination of vintage Proceed Pre and Power amplifiers! They were absolutely silky and mesmeric! No matter what speaker you listened to them on.

These at Chennai.

Attachments

• Thiel3_7Speakers.jpg
    Thiel3_7Speakers.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 101
  • HFC308_test_brystonsstfront-420-75.jpg
    HFC308_test_brystonsstfront-420-75.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
ARAGON Stage-One
aragoncenter.gif

RF-7
KlipshRF7.jpg

And recently the RF-83
Klipsch_Klipsch-RF-83-Black-Each_300x250_s.jpg

Was I floored?

Until I heard...

Afj Some of the highly priced systems ,in right settings sounded too dry to me!this is matter of Indivisusl taste ....and taste is in noone's control !!! ......I prefer Jack Daniels over Black Lbel ( I like BL but things are different with Jack!) and more I'll prefer Haywards 5000 ( Indian local super strong Beer) Over Imported Corona & Tiger!

And people's taste is in noone's hand and market is not governed by best products but product satisfying a lot different needs! Again Bose was ( and maybe still) world's biggest speaker manufacturer and bagpiper due to it's high sales comes in top whiskys by volume!Ditto in Cars Honda City which maybe lacking certain performance traits , but providing good looks,very good brand image and amazing fuel quality is top seller in it's catagory!

Understanding consumer and gauging his demands is not science but extreamly difficult art!

the reason i wrote that was that there are quite a few people out there that listen to one set of speakers and think its the best thing they've ever heard. not knowing that in the same price range there are better systems out there. i was one such person and mistakes that you make while buying audio systems are expensive. i just wanted jaudere to listen to other systems out there (if he hasnt already) before he makes his final choice

by the way im very familiar with liquor brands out there:D. lived my growing years in hyd. and my favourite is old monk and correct me if im wrong, is still one of the cheapest spirits you can buy

Focal Electra floorstanders paired surprisingly with a Denon receiver!

played a kenwood avr on my system once. surprisingly very good sound stage. bass wasnt so hot but apart from that sounded very nice. i preferred it over the hk3480

This
SUNFIRE SIGNATURE Series
sunfire-cinema-seven-amp-front-main-large.jpg

DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY BP-7000 SC.
definitive_technology_bp7000sc-400-400.jpg

I was floored....man the whole floor was moving:yahoo:

I still can't forget the sound I heard...
Bryan Adams- Here I am sounded like nothing I've ever heard before.Suddenly I felt I was standing in the Grand Canyons:eek:hyeah:
These speakers have incredible Depth and Spaciousness and BASS.
Two 14" powered 1800watt class D Subwoofer + Two 14" Bass Radiators in each speaker.:D
Manu are you listening:p

Cheers,
Sam

by the way im very familiar with liquor brands out there:D. lived my growing years in hyd. and my favourite is old monk and correct me if im wrong, is still one of the cheapest spirits you can buy

Old Monk !!! My marketing logic not worked here - Someting wrong with Old Monk - How come SUCH A GOOD SPIRIT IS AVAILABLE @ SUCH A GOOD PRICE!!!:beer:
( BTW one of my friend used to swear by old monk " Old monk ki kasam jhoot nahi bolunga!!":clapping::clapping:

Old Monk !!! My marketing logic not worked here - Someting wrong with Old Monk - How come SUCH A GOOD SPIRIT IS AVAILABLE @ SUCH A GOOD PRICE!!!:beer:
( BTW one of my friend used to swear by old monk " Old monk ki kasam jhoot nahi bolunga!!":clapping::clapping:

hey im not complaining that its at a good price. esp when we were in college it used to make a huge difference. used to get it from the army canteen for less than 50 bucks. lol about your friend. when he said that he swore by old monk he took it literally

the reason i wrote that was that there are quite a few people out there that listen to one set of speakers and think its the best thing they've ever heard. not knowing that in the same price range there are better systems out there. i was one such person and mistakes that you make while buying audio systems are expensive. i just wanted jaudere to listen to other systems out there (if he hasnt already) before he makes his final choice

I got your point afj. I have heard NAD-PSB, Jamo-Denon, Jamo-onkyo,HK-JBL, Yamaha-mission,yamaha-yamaha, sonodyne-sonodyne, Yamaha-Jamo, Yamaha-infinity, Proton-polk audio,Norge-norge combos. but after reading many post, i do think that i will have to listen at least to MS, MA,wharfs before i make up my mind. I am yet to listen to tube amps. so may tings, such a short life!!:mad:

I tasted beer in 5th std(11years of age) and thought that the taste was such a sh...t that i never tried it again till today(my age is 32 now). may be i am odd man out.

I got your point afj. I have heard NAD-PSB, Jamo-Denon, Jamo-onkyo,HK-JBL, Yamaha-mission,yamaha-yamaha, sonodyne-sonodyne, Yamaha-Jamo, Yamaha-infinity, Proton-polk audio,Norge-norge combos. but after reading many post, i do think that i will have to listen at least to MS, MA,wharfs before i make up my mind. I am yet to listen to tube amps. so may tings, such a short life!!:mad:

I tasted beer in 5th std(11years of age) and thought that the taste was such a sh...t that i never tried it again till today(my age is 32 now). may be i am odd man out.

Avoid beer Doctor It is Baaaaddd!!!

You can always have Whiskey or Rum!And Vodka is there!!! ( If you are coming to Mumbai we can have " audition!!!":eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::cheers::cheers:

The entire package cost 1 crore +. The sound was three dimensional or four, whatever. More than the sound, it's their sheer beauty, as seen from pic they are are not boxy at all, strange design, it somewhat resembles a flower like thing. And all black its just stunning for the eyes.

Last edited:
Right now listening to AR2ax that has floored me with it's warm east-coast sound. Very different from Akai and Pioneer.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back