Configuring Zensor 3 with PC

rajivaryan1984

Dear FM’s,

I have a pair of unused Zensor 3 with me and was thinking to use it with my PC. Can you please advise —-

1. what is the best way to configure Z3 with PC ? Do I need to use some kind of Pre amp or DAC ?

2. Also which subwoofer I can add to make it 2.1 ?

3. Will there be some kind of lag using Z3 with PC ?

please share your thoughts and advise.
Regards
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

Zensor 3 are passive speakers, so you will need an amplifier.
You can connect that amplifier to PC via USB(if it has that option) or RCA cables.

Z3 is not designed for that purpose, it need 2 feet gap from back and side wall. You need some amp rated not lesser than 60 w RMS. Try to get a Dali sub.

Does your PC have digital outs? If so, you will need an external amp with DAC and extra pair of pre out for sub. Do consider investing in a good sound card for PC, you can take 2.1 outs from the card itself. Budget amps like Marantz or CA would be good for the Z3 for your purpose. Dali E12F sub is indeed a fine sub, unfortunately quite under rated.

For PC, you can go for studio monitors like Kali audio, Mackie, Adam etc or multimedia speakers like logitec Z623/625, harman kardon soundsticks or edifier which must be available on some discount in the current amazon/flipkart sale.

You may consider Denon HEOS Link as amp for Z3. Can connect to it via Aux from PC.
Can also stream using bluetooth, spotify, airplay, USB, Optical Audio, Coax Audio etc.
Can be used as one of the destination

Sonodyne SRP 203, XTZ Tune 4, etc. also can be considered if you want active speakers, in addition to Genelec.
Dali Zenzor 1AX also there.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back