Confused between sony W800A 47' and samsung 46F6400

Hello every one!!!! sorry for for the late reply.Have been travelling

Due to some reasons my budget has been narrowed down to 1 lakh.So, which leaves me two options
1>W800a
2>46f6400
I am not able to decide .please guys help me out

@shaiju_o_thomas

Thank you so much for your kind reply,

I am not looking for any particular brand name all i need is value for money and nice pq.
I think that sony is passive 3d and samsung is active 3d .Suggest me only on the basis of PQ.I am not a great of 3D so that is not a big criteria for me.

My vote for Samsung 46F6400.

But pls do not buy on my opinion. Now that you have firmly decided on 2 options you should demo each one.

W800 screen is reflective as compared to F6400. Not the brightest.

F6400 pictures wash out when viewed from extreme sides of seating arrangement.

I would strongly recommend that you pick your preference rather than anyone else opinion.

Since you don't prefer 3D why not look for Samsung 46F5500? Not to confuse you but just keep the options. You'll save on money to invest in HD (DTH, bluray).

Last edited:
Sony 55w800a
Pros:
Amazing PQ is awesome compared to LG
Nice design
UI is straight forward
2d to 3d is also good in simulated 3d in 3d options.
Cons:
Black level is very much noticeable in dark rooms
Miracast wont work (due to hdcp check)

LG has very very low brightness compared to Sony
Finally I decided to pick Sony KDL-42w800a

I also check KDL-42w650a not so great but it has only 2 HDMI and 1 USB
No Wifi
Motion flow is not so great

for additional 14000 I get Wifi 3d & best PQ in this range
So finally i choose KDL-42w800a

Final Price
Sony KDL-42w670a - Rs.59000
Sony KDL-42w800a - Rs. 73000
LG 42LA6910 - Rs. 85000 (no stock)

Highly recommended to go for Sony KDL-42W800a

I would like to suggest all w800 owners to get "Avengers" bd and use it as a demo disc to awe your friends and relatives.
I am sure you would instantly become famous. ;)

Hello Guys,
How is every one ? I hope every one are doing good!

@ Shaijo o Thomas- I have reviewed both the sets today and what i have noticed is that the colors of samsung are enhanced and rich, while sony has natural colors which felt a bit dull to me.And Samsung has active 3D.

Owners of sony W800A and samsung 46F6400 kindly post your opinions!!!

Thanks in Advance !!!!

Hi Naveen.

No worries. You can address me by name, Shaiju.

Which one did you like? F6400 or W800? Avoid buying the display that you have second thoughts or doubts. High probability that you will always question your purchase.

I recommend the F6400.

Mid trier will be:
Sony 55W800
Samsung 46F7500 higher than mid tier
Samsung 55F6400
I'll demo the F6800 this weekend and report. It is also available in 50".

The F7500 is my choice but expensive and smaller size. Between W800 and F6400 it is a difficult choice.

Have you shortlisted after demo?

Were you able to demo the F6800..
Surprisingly, I am not getting many reviews on the F6800.. though many reviews of the F6400 are available..

Compared F6400 and W800a side by side in Showroom. Pic quality of W800a was better than F6400. So i bought W800a.
Wall mounted it in my home. Pic seems to cool but the black level is a big let down. Corners of the screen are very grey in color whenever dark scenes appears in screen. I am new to Led TV.. i was thinking that black levels will be like what we see in high end smart phones.. :-( .. but it turned out this way frown.giffrown.gif ..

Plus -
1. Pic quality is good ( Dark scenes are not good in dark room)
2. 3D performance is excellent
3. Passive glasses are comfortable
4. Nice Design
5. Screen mirroring is now very simple

Minus -
1. Black level is big crap. If you see more movies than D2h. then dont go for this TV.
2. Its really hard to calibrate the motion flow.. Can see the ghost effect in fast moving scenes.. ( Tried with all motion flow settings)

True, black level of w800 is considered to be worse than last years hx750. If black level is important go for w9 series or plasma if you can control the light.

Compared F6400 and W800a side by side in Showroom. Pic quality of W800a was better than F6400. So i bought W800a.
Wall mounted it in my home. Pic seems to cool but the black level is a big let down. Corners of the screen are very grey in color whenever dark scenes appears in screen. I am new to Led TV.. i was thinking that black levels will be like what we see in high end smart phones.. :-( .. but it turned out this way frown.giffrown.gif ..

Plus -
1. Pic quality is good ( Dark scenes are not good in dark room)
2. 3D performance is excellent
3. Passive glasses are comfortable
4. Nice Design
5. Screen mirroring is now very simple

Minus -
1. Black level is big crap. If you see more movies than D2h. then dont go for this TV.
2. Its really hard to calibrate the motion flow.. Can see the ghost effect in fast moving scenes.. ( Tried with all motion flow settings)

Go here http://www.hifivision.com/television/45774-sony-kdl-55-47-42-w800a-owners-aspirants-11.html

Search for my latest video settings (pg.3), apply these, watch your movies and scenes again with these settings and post back your views.

With a budget of 1.5 lacs why are you even looking at F6400? You can easily buy the 46 inch samsung 7 series panel which has stunning picture quality. I personally would only look at PQ as a criteria for making a decision. All the bells and whistles are irrelevant really. The 42W800 is much better than the 47W800 wrt PQ. The 6400 did not impress at all.

Remember the Sony W800 series uses an IPS panel and hence while viewing angles and colour will be good black levels will not !!

If you can get hold of a brand new HX850 grab it ! It is has a stellar performance.

Back