confused for bying any one from these sony, samsung , lg , panasonic

63.8K was the quote from SHAH,he might even climb down further,it's reviews have been good,it's the only full LED available in the market and I've read that it was one of the best models of 2009,since 2010 models have arrived,the price has come down below LCD tv's price
Iam interested in LG50PK550 too,costing 66k,its the only fullHD lg plasma,Did you see the demo in VASANTH in 50inch plasma,it was awesome

My confusion is keep on increasing :-(

My usage is 80% SD DTH & 20% Movie from BDp/DVDp

For the above usage, which is the best of the following

- sony 40ex400
- samsung 40c530
- lg 42lh90

In case of sony, I am also looking for 40bx400 which doesn't have much diffr from 40ex400 (interms of panel / PQ).

Any suggestion?

Well their is a significant difference in picture processing of BX400 and EX series.
The street price of samsung C530 should be less then 50k.
As with sonys the EX400 can be bought for around 41k to 43k in grey market,infact chennai is HQ for most grey stuff,from there its distributed to most places in south .

Thanks adder.

If it is the case, I may stick with EX400 in Sony. Regarding grey market, I don't have any place or contact in Chennai. Do you know any one believable? At the same time, I am bothering on spending 50K+ for a grey stuff.

Now my choices are

- sony 40ex400
- samsung 40c530
- lg 42lh90

From your experience, which one is good to go for (80% SD DTH & 20% Movie from BDp/DVDp).

Thanks for your input.

Sorry i don't have contacts in chennai,may be some chennai members can help.
If it was a showroom purchase i would go with the 40C530,if i had a a option of the grey market i would go with the EX400,the picture quality in these 2 tvs are quite close and evenly matched ,but in build quality i feel the sony is slightly better and you get only one panel a SPVA.

where as in samsung you can get different models in SPVA alone or AMVA,may be even a SMVA all have different contrast,viewing angle and response time.But if you get a SPVA or AMVA it should be fine.

Hi Adder,

Regarding panel,

42lh90 - IPS (best)
40ex400 - SPVA (good)
40c530 - anyone of SPVA/AMVA/SMVA

Am I correct?

Not really the IPS is good in viewing angles,it natively has better response time.
The SPVA has far greater conrast,higher the contrast more perception of depth.

Some of best lcds out there are mostly based on SPVA or AMVA and sharp UV2A panel which has similar contrast but with much better response time.

From your each answers I am getting new things and exploring the same. Thanks a lot.

Just in a curious, do you know any UV2A panel TVs currently selling in India?
I know it should be in a higher segment of LCD TVs.

The sony EX700 is supposed to have it.although i can't confirm whether it uses the UV2A or the older but much improved ASV panel.since the EX700 did have deep blacks it has to be the UV2A.

The other tvs that have are the higher end sonys and the sharp LE 8 series

Last edited:
Thanks Adder for all your info.

Now I almost decided to go for Samsung 40c530. But I would like to know how can I check or ensure whether it has SPVA panel just by checking the package outside? Is it only possible by opening the package and by checking the back of TV? Meaning is it possible to check only after the delivery not before the delivery.

Because I don't want panel lottory in my 40c530. Please help.

hi all , are there any discussions going on about SONY 3D vs. SAMSUNG 3D LEDs ? (the only 2 brands with 3D available yet in India) . can someone please redirect me to the thread(s)?
thanks

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back