confused for bying any one from these sony, samsung , lg , panasonic

sanil9

I am a new comer for this site i found this site from net .
Dear experts pl.. help me out which one i can by LCD tv from these model . i want to purchase 32" lcd tv i can sped withen 50k pl... help me out

If you can spend up to 50k then go for a 42" TV. Don't go by brands, go and pick out the TV you like

showroom purchase samsung 40C530 at around 49k.
grey market purchase sony 40EX400 at around 41k to 43k

I am also in dilemma to buy which brand/model.

The following are the quot I got in some shops/showroom in Chennai:

samy 40C530 - Rs. 58K
sony 40ex400 - Rs. 60,990

Is there any shop (no grey) in chennai giving any of the above models in less than I quoted?

I also request to suggest which is the best among these two?

i diont want to purchase from gray market coz.. there is no warranty or extended warty ect.

Last edited:
HTphile,enquire with SHAH and VASANTH,both in Usman road

Thanks bala. I will check over there this weekend.

I already inquired in Crompet (SHAH, samsung and Sony). And also in Viveks & Vasanth in Nanganallur. All are quoting almost same price as I mentioned above.

I would like to know where can I get lowest price in Chennai for these models

samy 40C530
sony 40ex400

HT Phile,can I know why you are specific about only these two models????
I thought picture looked better in a 50 inch LG plasma(you can see yourself the demo in VASANTH) and the latest generation LG LED
share your views,would be helpfull to my purchase too,Iam impressed by LG tvs
There is also a trick to get a lower quote,just lie to them that another dealer offered you a lower price,it works!

I prefer 40/42 inches as my viewing distance is 10 ft. And also depends on the space where I am placing it.

In 40", I found these two models are good in PQ as well as good feedback in some reviews. Shall I know what are the reasons for you to going for LG? Please suggest.

Ya,I prefer plasma over LCD because of a quicker response time-no smudjing,better contrast ratio,smooth colours(not over bright or sharp),to my eyes PQ was better in a plasma and that too in a LG
I've seen LG LED a 32 inch 5500 model,during demo and was blown away by the PQ,so the recommendation for 42lh90
Ya,I too view from the same distance,anything between 42 to 50 inch would do good and you can get 50 plasma for 50plusk

Thanks for the update. I will sure to check LG models (42lh90).

My current setup is 29" CRT - Onkyo HT - philips DVDp

My usage is with 80% DTH HD (I have to buy) and 20% movies (bd player or media player - I need to decide & buy).

Meanwhile, are the LG models, you are talking, full HD? Because I am looking for full HD.

Do not buy from the shop in the heart of the city.
Go to shop near to suburbs, where they don't carry that model, if you order them they can give a better price, because all they do is sell to you and then buy from the stockist/dealer. this they can give better price.

Yes,HT phile,I was talking about FULL HD models,even Iam looking for the same,LH90 and PK550,le 5500 are FULL HD,let me know the deal you get,I will also go for the same,you shall even ask the dealer if he would give special discount if 2 televisions are purchased?!
My usage is also similar to your's,my current set up is a 42 rear projection TV from SAMSUNG which is awesome,2 home theatres,one a higher model from Philips and another from ONKYO bought 8 months ago and waitinf for a flat pannel tv!

I almost covered all the shops in TNagar, Chennai (Shah, Viveks, Vasanth, Sony world and e-zone). Every one is telling the same price for Samy and Sony (I don't know whether it is due to the company's strict order or the shops/dealers talked to each other to fix the price).

40ex400 - Rs. 60,990
40c530 - Rs. 58,000

In Shah, the quoted amt for 40lh90 (LED) is Rs.64,600. I didn't inquire this model in other shops.

Is there anyother good deal for above models in Chennai?

Check with Abirami in RK Salai. He will give you good prices if you know which model and brand you are buying. Do not expect a detailed demo there.

Cheers

Htphile,did you see demo of LGLH9O??and other LG PLASMA tvs,what is your opinion?
lh90 could be got for63k,that was the last price he quoted,its an LED,FULL LED

Htphile,did you see demo of LGLH9O??and other LG PLASMA tvs,what is your opinion?
lh90 could be got for63k,that was the last price he quoted,its an LED,FULL LED

I agree with lh90. It was good when I saw a demo CD in full HD. I didn't have the chance to check the quality of DTH SD on it. Is it also good?

Where did you get it for 63k?
How about the reviews of this 40lh90?
Is it an entry level LED from LG? How good its panel and life quality?
What are all the additional offers available now with this LG product?

If you have already collected some info like above, please share.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back