Confused over the PS3 bundle ... help !!!!

i just purchased the PS3 GT5 edition from US..
i bought the 50W 220-110 converter...which doesnt seem to work with the PS 3 ...i just get the 3 beep error...(i didnt know the power requirment for the PS3 which is 230W )

how much does the converter cost and how many watts one shud i go for...(i want ti know the common one being used)???

BTW the cable i got with the console says 300v...shud i risk plugging in directly??...i dont want to!!!

pls help!

i just purchased the PS3 GT5 edition from US..
i bought the 50W 220-110 converter...which doesnt seem to work with the PS 3 ...i just get the 3 beep error...(i didnt know the power requirment for the PS3 which is 230W )

how much does the converter cost and how many watts one shud i go for...(i want ti know the common one being used)???

BTW the cable i got with the console says 300v...shud i risk plugging in directly??...i dont want to!!!

pls help!

Get yourself a 500W power converter and do not try that 50w thing ? It might damage the PS3. Go to shah electronics in SP road and get the power converter/stepdown tranny.

Manas,
Try connecting the PS3 directly to 220V power socket. It just wirks fine. Sony products comes with 110-220V power. I got PS3 last year which says only 120V on the box. The same is printed on the unit as well. After going through the forum , I plugged in directly to 220V socket and it just works fine.

CAUTION : If it doesn't work, I will not held responsibility for any damage. Try ur luck.. All the best.

bought the converter....u can say just didnt hav the balls to plug it in directly...!!!

that aside....how do u guys purchase games...i mean ebay,sony shops etc etc..

i read about the exchange on the forum...as of i know i hav only 1 game so exchange is not rite now a poss...

I got PS3 last year which says only 120V on the box. The same is printed on the unit as well. After going through the forum , I plugged in directly to 220V socket and it just works fine.

CAUTION : If it doesn't work, I will not held responsibility for any damage. Try ur luck.. All the best.

This is a completely incorrect advice. Unless your are sure of the voltage, do NOT plug a unit into 220 power socket.

Cheers

This is a completely incorrect advice. Unless your are sure of the voltage, do NOT plug a unit into 220 power socket.
I can assure you that the power supply built into the 'Sony PS3' is 110-220 volts. I personally have owned 'three' different PS3's purchased from the US which I am using plugged in directly to the 220v supply in India. I also know of several other people in my social circle who have been doing the same with PS3s from the US.

Cheers

Its upto the individual to take the advice or not . Whatever I stated is not just theoretical but practically tested. I was in same confusion earlier, after going through many forums, research etc.. I took calculated risk of connecting directly.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back