hi guys setting up a dedicated home theater room
room size 16 ft by 16ft
will be used for both music(all sorts) and movies
need to decide between these three

jamo E650/E750
wharfedale diamond 9.5
boston acoustics cr97

thank you

Wharfedale Diamonds are very good VFM product. Have you heard them all at one place? If not, do that and you will come to know immediately.

Also, if you are new to HiFi, managing a 2-in-1 (HT cum Stereo) setup would be troublesome. I'll recommend start with a 2 channel and move up the ladder in steps.

thanks guys

i dont have any setup yet i am making the room. no receiver no nothing so i am open to ideas
right now i have a bare 16ft by 16ft room i am goin to get a projector for sure thats all

yesterday i auditioned klipsch f1 they sounded pretty decent as well

and as for listinin to them all at one place is not possible as they all have different dealers all around delhi

Telling us a bit more about what kind of music you listen to would help. Also do let us know what all you intend to purchase and your budget. The E750 is quite a good speaker though there are better options in that price range if you are okay with bookshelves.

I agree, mentioning clearly what you need at this moment in terms of equipments and what kind of budget you have will help people give better responses.

If unable to audition at one place, try auditioning them all in one day at diff places or within a few days. Carry your own CDs and pay attention to what you hear. That will help you determine the merits and demerits of each speaker.

there is no one kind of music i listen to. listen to all sort. budget is around 60- 65 k for 5.1 .
amp around 25k (thinking of marantz 4001)

i have short listed to
E750 which i am getting at a discounted price with e7 centre and surround and 10 inch front firing jamo sub with 650 rms dont remember the model no

AND

wahrfedale diamond 9.5 with 9 series centre and surround (bi polar) and pc12 sub down firing 12 inch

which one do u guys suggest???

there is no one kind of music i listen to. listen to all sort. budget is around 60- 65 k for 5.1 .
amp around 25k (thinking of marantz 4001)

i have short listed to
E750 which i am getting at a discounted price with e7 centre and surround and 10 inch front firing jamo sub with 650 rms dont remember the model no

AND

wahrfedale diamond 9.5 with 9 series centre and surround (bi polar) and pc12 sub down firing 12 inch

which one do u guys suggest???

Karan

Wharfedale is a better option to choose...

Did you audition, Mordaunt Short...???
I am sure, you will like them better than Wharfedale...

But, if you specific on the brands, Wharfedale, is much better option...

For Amp, bro you told that you want to go for a HT Package not Stereo Setup... Right...???
But, Marantz PM-4001 is an Integrated Stereo Amp....

Are you planning some DIY stuff...???:confused:

Or is it Marantz PM-4002...???

Out of those two, I prefer the Jamos. Somehow I'm not a big fan of how the wharfedales are voiced. The traditional brit mid bass hump just makes the speakers uninvolving for me. The quads are much better than wharfedales and are a better buy. But you won't get it in 60k for a 5.1. Just listen to both of them yourself with the music/movies that you like and then just go by what you hear.

Quad L-ites will be a good deal for a 5.1. I suppose they are retailing around Rs.80k but they have been discounted by 50% in UK. Expecting that will mostly cause this to be atleast 50k here. But, I am not sure if it will happen here.

Quad L-ites will be a good deal for a 5.1. I suppose they are retailing around Rs.80k but they have been discounted by 50% in UK. Expecting that will mostly cause this to be atleast 50k here. But, I am not sure if it will happen here.

Buddy

Dont tempt me too much re...I will go in dreams...LOL
50% is quite a big deal to invest, but :( hardluck is that you need to pay 29.5% duty (inclusive local taxes), on the same...adding on to it will be the transport charges and insurance....it will be almost same to the Indian price...

Yes its a pretty good deal for those who are quite frequent visiters to UK/US...or those who have plenty of relatives out in that places...

But what about for the people like me...???:(

Mridul

So finally which ones u chose?
Onkyo + wharfedales are the best if one spends a little more on a bigger amplifier. Wharfedales are more or less have B&W performance at one fifth the price level.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back