Confused :: TV Buying in India below 60,000 INR

Frame will give you a much better contrast and HDR experience over your Iffalcon tbh. Like I have said so many times in the forum, showrooms are terrible for judging TVs. They are just too bright.

Compared to the 4000:1 contrast ratio, you'll get 8000:1, which is close to plasma level. Peak brightness in HDR will increase from 280-300 nits to 550 nits. So you're getting a good improvement.

The TV you have at home will also look worse than it does to you at home in the showroom.

X9000H is also good, and will fetch you FALD and better peak brightness than Frame, but for the price you mentioned, it's too close to an OLED.

Also, after getting an OLED, I have ensured all my plans are top notch so I get good quality streams. 4k from Netflix and Amazon Prime and HDR are streamed at a good bitrate and look fantastic. Even HD streams look great.

What's your usage like? What do you watch?
Hey,
I'm about to get an OLED tv. Just waiting for the Diwali price drop.

Had a few queries regarding the content.
I'm subscribed to most of the streaming services (Netflix, Prime, etc), but I've recently been hearing a few things about how compression artifacts are still present while streaming 4k Netflix.

Is there a better way to watch high-budget films?
I'm actually planning to have a 1Tb network mapped drive to download and delete after watching a movie.
Do those 60-80Gb Bluray rips make a legit noticeable difference?

Apologies for off-topic. Can't delete. I've posted the same in the C9 user thread.

Currently my usage is mostly sports (football and cricket) on Hotstar and SonyLiv (which is quite sad), TV series and movies on OTT, and Youtube. Don't have a DTH connection. I may get an Xbox series S next year for some casual gaming.

The room will be relatively bright during the day. Even at night I prefer a small warm light over a completely dark room for TV viewing. And viewing angle is not an issue since most of the viewing almost head-on.

I understand that showrooms can get very bright and may not be the best place to check out TVs. But it has completely killed my enthusiasm to upgrade. I am like there's literally zero change I noticed. The only time I actually need to upgrade TV is when I buy the console which can only happen next year (waiting for long term reviews).

That said I'm eagerly waiting to see the U7980. Hearing good things in the forum and the price is very reasonable.
Your content warrant only a 1080p tv and best of 4k TVs only "match" the mediocre 1080p tvs for 1080p content consumption.
Hotstar and SonyLiv will look worse with 4k tvs. Even with sony oled, hotstar is only bearable.

Hey,

I'm subscribed to most of the streaming services (Netflix, Prime, etc), but I've recently been hearing a few things about how compression artifacts are still present while streaming 4k Netflix.

I'm actually planning to have a 1Tb network mapped drive to download and delete after watching a movie.

Apologies for off-topic. Can't delete. I've posted the same in the C9 user thread.

Replying in the C9 thread.

Hey,

I generally download rips of size of ~15-20GB. Mostly I get truHD 5.1 Atmos and UHD in this size and it is enough for me. I tried larger size as well, you will notice some diff only if you have a display to bring out that diff.

In the same bought right now.
Pre-Ordered Xbox Series X, but now which TV can exploit and use its full capabilities. Will also need an AV receiver matching 120hz etc to use full home theater experience.

Frame looks good, 4K and 120FPS with HDR10 and HDMI 2.1 but lacks Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos
TCL C815 has 4K 120hz display with Dolby Vision but no HDMI 2.1 and has a inbuilt soundbar which I will never use.

Needs:
4K 120hz HDMI 2.1 Dolby Vision & Dolby Atmos and eArc

Currently using the first gen Mi TV 55"
Ready to wait, I am hoping in coming year we should see 120hz displays.

BTW Series S is targeted towards non 4K device, but it doesn't mean people with 4K TV won't get to experience it. Right now many of my loyal PS friends are gonna buy series S for the value Gamepass provides.

I myself have not purchased any game since I opted for gamepass, I use the same to game on PC too. Wanted to purchase PS5 too but right now with the expensive next gen games, looking for a used PS4 Pro.

Pre ordered the Series X aswell and ordered the 55U7980 yesterday in the flipkart sale. Barely any game will run at 120fps and even if they do it will be in performance mode.

I would choose the performance mode if the choice between 30 and 60fps. But would definitely go for the better visuals if the choice is between 60 and 120. I am not denying getting a 2.1/120hz is would be awesome, but not worth paying those rates just for a feature you will rarely use. Then again, that is only my opinion.

Pre ordered the Series X aswell and ordered the 55U7980 yesterday in the flipkart sale. Barely any game will run at 120fps and even if they do it will be in performance mode.

I would choose the performance mode if the choice between 30 and 60fps. But would definitely go for the better visuals if the choice is between 60 and 120. I am not denying getting a 2.1/120hz is would be awesome, but not worth paying those rates just for a feature you will rarely use. Then again, that is only my opinion.
No point second-guessing your decision. For your preferences, you made the best possible choice. Be happy with that. Also, a console will last for 7 years, while you should be able to get a much better TV under 50-60k 3-4 years down the line.

congrats on your purchase. I am just waiting for u7980 be available on my pincode. Since my Work from home is extended to june, I feel will order one at my parents home

Looking for a 50 inch tv not more than that and budget would be upto 65k, have shortlisted tcl c715 , open to other suggestions as well, will be used for watching movies and tata sky hd content,no gaming etc

@Mahi - First use i really love the picture quality, for a detailed review I would need 2-3 weeks more
It's great value for money (if not the best). Integrates well with my AVR/FireStick via HDMI ARC. Great colors (LG CX will win if we compare but we can buy 3 TV and a firestick for price of a CX :) ) . I don't use TV speakers as home theater automatically turns on but speaker sound is not so great (or loud) but most TVs these days are same I believe.

VIDAA is not great but not a deal breaker if you have firestick/android tv etc.

This thread has most of the issues listed if you are interested in in and out of the TV

ps. all my personal opinion

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back