Confused :: TV Buying in India below 60,000 INR

Just FYI, go for firestick 4k over the mi box. It supports Dolby Vision and Atmos which the mi box lacks. Also Amazon's fireTV OS is rendered at 4k vs 1080p on android TV. It's based on android TV so you can sideload android apps too.

Firestick 4k will be sold for ₹3599 in the Diwali sale. Absolute steal and I'm gonna get one of them myself.
Thank you. That was on my mind too.

Can you please suggest the panel I can go for

Just FYI, go for firestick 4k over the mi box. It supports Dolby Vision and Atmos which the mi box lacks. Also Amazon's fireTV OS is rendered at 4k vs 1080p on android TV. It's based on android TV so you can sideload android apps too.

Firestick 4k will be sold for ₹3599 in the Diwali sale. Absolute steal and I'm gonna get one of them myself.
Where did u get the sale price info?

You already have the best tvs in your shortlist. I would avoid oneplus q1.
So as per you its between Toshiba 7980 and Samsun Frame ??

So people have raised concerns if Edge lighting of frame and I do not see availability of Toshiba 7980 on Amazon/Flipkart/Reliance Digital

So people have raised concerns if Edge lighting of frame and I do not see availability of Toshiba 7980 on Amazon/Flipkart/Reliance Digital
U7980 for better PQ FALD outstanding black levels gets quite bright in both SDR and HDR
FRAME 55 for better after sales and service not to mention aesthetics ,one connect box, 120hz, VRR, [HDMI 2.1] and better OS and way better sound output but lacks Dolby Vision but compensates with HDR10+
You never know if toshiba shutdowns its tv business in future which they did in the past
i would say going for frame is a better option [only 55 inch]

Last edited:

I will also look at the Philips.

Ya those 2 from pq standpoint. Can also look at one of the Philips TVs with excellent picture engine for motion especially since you are into football. 45k will get you a 58" DLED.

If u bring service into picture, things will change as others have mentioned. Anything other than big 3 will require a leap of faith.

Last edited:

Iam able to see both sizes for 7980 in amazon? Is it based on location?

Thank you. That was on my mind too.

Can you please suggest the panel I can go for
Just going for the panel quality, I'd go for the U79. You'll need a bit of tuning after you get it (I've posted a guide on that thread). Then get the firestick 4k.

The frame is definitely a better TV than the U79. However, the usual price of that is 85k, I won't spend almost double that of the U79 on it. If you can get it for 75k and you need a 120Hz panel, it's definitely a great TV. From a panel quality standpoint, the frame is about the same compared to the U79. The major benefit you get from Frame is that the UI is better, you get a Samsung TV, it looks great and you get 120Hz panel if you're going to use it for the PS5.

I'll make the decision process easier for you:

• Can you afford 76(on sale)/85k for the frame easily? If yes, go for the frame.
  • Do you need 120Hz panel for PS5 or high-end PC gaming? If yes, go for the frame.
  • In all other cases: go for the U79 and get the firestick 4k in Diwali sale.
U79 is much cheaper with almost the same picture quality. I own it and the image quality is truly excellent. For HDR performance, it's even better than the Frame due to higher brightness and FALD.

Just going for the panel quality, I'd go for the U79. You'll need a bit of tuning after you get it (I've posted a guide on that thread). Then get the firestick 4k.

The frame is definitely a better TV than the U79. However, the usual price of that is 85k, and I won't spend double that of the U79 on it. If you can get it for 75k and you need a 120Hz panel, it's definitely a great TV. From a panel quality standpoint, the frame is about the same compared to the U79. The major benefit you get from Frame is that the UI is better, you get a Samsung TV, it looks great and you get 120Hz panel if you're going to use it for the PS5.

• Can you afford 76(on sale)/85k for the frame easily? If yes, go for the frame.
  • Do you need 120Hz panel for PS5 or high-end PC gaming? If yes, go for the frame.
U79 is much cheaper with almost the same picture quality. I own it and the image quality is truly excellent. For HDR performance, it's even better than the Frame due to higher brightness and FALD.
Thank you.. This really helps

Just the thread for me. I'm also looking for a TV for watching sports, tv series, movies and occasionally gaming (in that order) in this price range.

My budget is about 70k (I'm also eyeing the Xbox Series S so can't stretch the TV budget much).

I am currently considering two options. I've checked other brands and options but those can't beat these two.

Samsung Frame -
Pros: QLED, 120Hz panel, HDMI 2.1
Cons: Edge-lit

Toshiba U7980 -
Pros: FALD, better PQ?
Cons: Motion Handling, 60Hz?

I know Samsung Frame is a slightly better option if I want to game. But since that is only going to be occasional (weekends) is it worth the extra 30k (which is the cost of the console). Should I just save the money buying the Toshiba and get the console as well at my budget.

I don't like watching TV is very dark rooms. The room is relatively bright in the day and even at night I usually have a dim light on.

I don't care about sound quality since I plan to use a soundbar (LG SL6Y).
I also don't care about the OS since I have an Amazon Firetvstick 4K.

I currently have an Iffalcon 49F2A tv. I'm pretty sure any new TV will be impressive infront of this one.

Thanks.

Just the thread for me. I'm also looking for a TV for watching sports, tv series, movies and occasionally gaming (in that order) in this price range.

My budget is about 70k (I'm also eyeing the Xbox Series S so can't stretch the TV budget much).

I am currently considering two options. I've checked other brands and options but those can't beat these two.

Samsung Frame -

Toshiba U7980 -

I know Samsung Frame is a slightly better option if I want to game. But since that is only going to be occasional (weekends) is it worth the extra 30k (which is the cost of the console). Should I just save the money buying the Toshiba and get the console as well at my budget.

I don't like watching TV is very dark rooms. The room is relatively bright in the day and even at night I usually have a dim light on.

I currently have an Iffalcon 49F2A tv. I'm pretty sure any new TV will be impressive infront of this one.

Thanks.
The response time of Toshiba is pretty but overall the PQ is better than frame. I doubt the Toshiba will be a great choice if gaming is a primary use case. Also, unrelated advice - don't get Series S. You'll regret the purchase down the line.

Can anyone tell me the viewing angle for u7980. I need a TV for my hall with very little straight viewing. Shortlisted u7980 or panasonic gx800d or will go with chinese budget tv in 55inch variant

Can anyone tell me the viewing angle for u7980. I need a TV for my hall with very little straight viewing. Shortlisted u7980 or panasonic gx800d or will go with chinese budget tv in 55inch variant
It's about 90 degrees with almost no loss (45 each side) and upto 120 degrees (60 each side) of viewable picture quality. Beyond that it's sizable contrast loss.

If you sit beyond 45 degrees a lot, get an IPS panel. VA is not for you.

Samsung Frame -

Toshiba U7980 -

Thanks.
Don't get the series S. It costs 35k and has nothing to show for it. It has 1/3rd the performance of the Series X, still costs 70% of the price and lacks a blu ray player.

If you don't care about blu ray, wait for the digital version of PS5. It will cost around 40k and perform a lot better than Series S. Or you can spend 50k and get the Series X if you care about game pass.

For casual gaming, Toshiba will be okay I guess. But I'd highly suggest the Frame unless you're very casual about gaming (no AAA games).

The frame is definitely a better TV than the U79. However, the usual price of that is 85k, I won't spend almost double that of the U79 on it. If you can get it for 75k and you need a 120Hz panel, it's definitely a great TV. From a panel quality standpoint, the frame is about the same compared to the U79. The major benefit you get from Frame is that the UI is better, you get a Samsung TV, it looks great and you get 120Hz panel if you're going to use it for the PS5.

Since you own, how is motion processing in IPL, football etc? RTings gave poor motion score and that's one reason I would suggest the Philips since football is in the usage. The only few comparison videos in the youtube between philips and hisense show poor motion interpolation during panning scenes. Did toshiba processing improve that?

Check panning scenes below (buildings etc). This is B71, same range as A71 we have in india. This kind of motion interpolation will be unusable for football. And Philip's is step up model for 6600 series but Philip's are known for motion interpolation.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back