Confused :: TV Buying in India below 60,000 INR

If VA is fine, why not the U79?
No, what i meant was hisense 43inch is already placed in my bedroom. My bedroom size is small. Now i need a tv for my hall. I have to go with IPS.

My bedroom TV will be used 5times more than my hall tv. Even though i can differentiate between 2 TV panels, im not really display afficiandaos like you guys are . So, it will mainly be used for sports & OTT stuff only. For movie , i will mainly watch it on my bedroom.
I dont game at all.

In the same bought right now.
Pre-Ordered Xbox Series X, but now which TV can exploit and use its full capabilities. Will also need an AV receiver matching 120hz etc to use full home theater experience.

Frame looks good, 4K and 120FPS with HDR10 and HDMI 2.1 but lacks Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos
TCL C815 has 4K 120hz display with Dolby Vision but no HDMI 2.1 and has a inbuilt soundbar which I will never use.

Needs:
4K 120hz HDMI 2.1 Dolby Vision & Dolby Atmos and eArc

Currently using the first gen Mi TV 55"
Ready to wait, I am hoping in coming year we should see 120hz displays.

BTW Series S is targeted towards non 4K device, but it doesn't mean people with 4K TV won't get to experience it. Right now many of my loyal PS friends are gonna buy series S for the value Gamepass provides.

I myself have not purchased any game since I opted for gamepass, I use the same to game on PC too. Wanted to purchase PS5 too but right now with the expensive next gen games, looking for a used PS4 Pro.

Since the panel of u7980 was really good, so i was hoping against hope if it had good viewing angle, i will shellout the extra money on it.
Nah, viewing angles are the usual VA type. Frame will also be the same. You'll need an OLED or IPS.

In the same bought right now.
Pre-Ordered Xbox Series X, but now which TV can exploit and use its full capabilities. Will also need an AV receiver matching 120hz etc to use full home theater experience.

Frame looks good, 4K and 120FPS with HDR10 and HDMI 2.1 but lacks Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos
TCL C815 has 4K 120hz display with Dolby Vision but no HDMI 2.1 and has a inbuilt soundbar which I will never use.

Needs:
4K 120hz HDMI 2.1 Dolby Vision & Dolby Atmos and eArc

Currently using the first gen Mi TV 55"
Ready to wait, I am hoping in coming year we should see 120hz displays.

BTW Series S is targeted towards non 4K device, but it doesn't mean people with 4K TV won't get to experience it. Right now many of my loyal PS friends are gonna buy series S for the value Gamepass provides.

I myself have not purchased any game since I opted for gamepass, I use the same to game on PC too. Wanted to purchase PS5 too but right now with the expensive next gen games, looking for a used PS4 Pro.
TBH, gaming scene in india is not very good. Gaming spec tvs will be far and inbetween. Having said that, it will be very easy to upgrade a first gen mi tv.

if you are getting a xbox, then get 3 yr gamepass ultimate for 7.5k. It is best deal that you can get and moreover microsoft acquired bethesda, so, you can expect a lot of exclusive for that.
A little off topic, but are you referring the option of buying xbox live gold and converting to xbox game pass ultimate / is there any other deal that you are referring to?

Checked most of the offline stores in Chandigarh yesterday U7980 is not available. Not sure what is the reason of non-availability of this model

Apologies for another post But is Hisense 55A71F comparable to toshiba U5050 or U7980 ? I could not see full array diming in Hisense

Apologies for another post But is Hisense 55A71F comparable to toshiba U5050 or U7980 ? I could not see full array diming in Hisense
Hisense A71F and Toshiba U5050 are the same tvs just with different OS. While the Toshiba U7980 is in another league altogether being the only with the full array local dimming. The U7980 is quite simply the best 55" TV under 50k (possibly even under 60-70k) in picture quality. VIDAA OS is an issue but a 4k firestick or mi box can easily fix that.

Checked out a few TVs today. Tested Samsung Q70T (as the PQ and panel should be similar to the Frame; Q60T was noticeably worse) and I came away thoroughly unimpressed. The demo videos looked great but 1080p football videos and HD dth was jerky and unimpressive. Compared to my current TV (Iffalcon 49f2A) the only obvious plus I saw was 4K resolution. Sure it was better but not enough to have me shell out 1.2L for the TV (or even 75K for the Frame).

Also demoed the Sony x900H and it felt very dull as well. The demo videos however are outstanding. But the actual content I plan to watch was quite mediocre.

Maybe I just had unrealistic expectations of how a better TV should display content. For regular consumption I don't think it's necessary to buy and expensive TV. I guess videos games would looks good on these TV. Couldn't try that unfortunately.

Checked out a few TVs today. Tested Samsung Q70T (as the PQ and panel should be similar to the Frame; Q60T was noticeably worse) and I came away thoroughly unimpressed. The demo videos looked great but 1080p football videos and HD dth was jerky and unimpressive. Compared to my current TV (Iffalcon 49f2A) the only obvious plus I saw was 4K resolution. Sure it was better but not enough to have me shell out 1.2L for the TV (or even 75K for the Frame).

Also demoed the Sony x900H and it felt very dull as well. The demo videos however are outstanding. But the actual content I plan to watch was quite mediocre.

Maybe I just had unrealistic expectations of how a better TV should display content. For regular consumption I don't think it's necessary to buy and expensive TV. I guess videos games would looks good on these TV. Couldn't try that unfortunately.

There's only so much that processing can do to content with lower bitrates and resolution.

In a showroom, accurate Cinema modes will also look dull because showrooms are so bright.

Nonethless, you already have a VA panel TV. To improve upon it you need at a good FALD set, as that'll be the biggest improvement over set...for HDR content. Now if you don't want HDR content, now point shelling out extra money on another VA panel without FALD.

If you watch SDR in a dark/dim rooms at home, FALD will still give you an added advantage of being able to hit true blacks, at least in some areas of the image. This is where X9000H will score over over iffalcon, along with Sony's processing advantage. That still won't turn lower bitrates streams into 4k though. Just present them in a cleaner manner.

Per pixel dimming is of course the king here, and OLEDs are the only option currently for that, but super expensive.

There's only so much that processing can do to content with lower bitrates and resolution.

In a showroom, accurate Cinema modes will also look dull because showrooms are so bright.

Nonethless, you already have a VA panel TV. To improve upon it you need at a good FALD set, as that'll be the biggest improvement over set...for HDR content. Now if you don't want HDR content, now point shelling out extra money on another VA panel without FALD.

If you watch SDR in a dark/dim rooms at home, FALD will still give you an added advantage of being able to hit true blacks, at least in some areas of the image. This is where X9000H will score over over iffalcon, along with Sony's processing advantage. That still won't turn lower bitrates streams into 4k though. Just present them in a cleaner manner.

Per pixel dimming is of course the king here, and OLEDs are the only option currently for that, but super expensive.
Yes. The low bitrate streaming does not provide for great viewing.

HDR on my current TV is awful. I watch everything on SDR and it's a decent experience. Don't have any real complaints though I'd love to watch 4k HDR content on Netflix and Prime. And maybe some casual gaming when I get an Xbox S next year. The input lag and HDMI situation of the Iffalcon Tv is messed up (HDMI ARC is messed up, lipsync issue on optical out)

I'm hoping we can see the Toshiba U7980 in showrooms soon so that I can check it out. I don't want to buy a TV after seeing the demos today.

Lesson learned was that do not buy a TV after reading specs and reviews. The actual thing might not appeal to one. I was almost certain I'd order a Frame TV but not after checking out equivalent TVs today.

Yes. The low bitrate streaming does not provide for great viewing.

HDR on my current TV is awful. I watch everything on SDR and it's a decent experience. Don't have any real complaints though I'd love to watch 4k HDR content on Netflix and Prime. And maybe some casual gaming when I get an Xbox S next year. The input lag and HDMI situation of the Iffalcon Tv is messed up (HDMI ARC is messed up, lipsync issue on optical out)

I'm hoping we can see the Toshiba U7980 in showrooms soon so that I can check it out. I don't want to buy a TV after seeing the demos today.

Lesson learned was that do not buy a TV after reading specs and reviews. The actual thing might not appeal to one. I was almost certain I'd order a Frame TV but not after checking out equivalent TVs today.

Frame will give you a much better contrast and HDR experience over your Iffalcon tbh. Like I have said so many times in the forum, showrooms are terrible for judging TVs. They are just too bright.

Compared to the 4000:1 contrast ratio, you'll get 8000:1, which is close to plasma level. Peak brightness in HDR will increase from 280-300 nits to 550 nits. So you're getting a good improvement.

The TV you have at home will also look worse than it does to you at home in the showroom.

X9000H is also good, and will fetch you FALD and better peak brightness than Frame, but for the price you mentioned, it's too close to an OLED.

Also, after getting an OLED, I have ensured all my plans are top notch so I get good quality streams. 4k from Netflix and Amazon Prime and HDR are streamed at a good bitrate and look fantastic. Even HD streams look great.

What's your usage like? What do you watch?

Frame will give you a much better contrast and HDR experience over your Iffalcon tbh. Like I have said so many times in the forum, showrooms are terrible for judging TVs. They are just too bright.

Compared to the 4000:1 contrast ratio, you'll get 8000:1, which is close to plasma level. Peak brightness in HDR will increase from 280-300 nits to 550 nits. So you're getting a good improvement.

The TV you have at home will also look worse than it does to you at home in the showroom.

X9000H is also good, and will fetch you FALD and better peak brightness than Frame, but for the price you mentioned, it's too close to an OLED.

Also, after getting an OLED, I have ensured all my plans are top notch so I get good quality streams. 4k from Netflix and Amazon Prime and HDR are streamed at a good bitrate and look fantastic. Even HD streams look great.

What's your usage like? What do you watch?
Currently my usage is mostly sports (football and cricket) on Hotstar and SonyLiv (which is quite sad), TV series and movies on OTT, and Youtube. Don't have a DTH connection. I may get an Xbox series S next year for some casual gaming.

The room will be relatively bright during the day. Even at night I prefer a small warm light over a completely dark room for TV viewing. And viewing angle is not an issue since most of the viewing almost head-on.

I understand that showrooms can get very bright and may not be the best place to check out TVs. But it has completely killed my enthusiasm to upgrade. I am like there's literally zero change I noticed. The only time I actually need to upgrade TV is when I buy the console which can only happen next year (waiting for long term reviews).

That said I'm eagerly waiting to see the U7980. Hearing good things in the forum and the price is very reasonable.

Currently my usage is mostly sports (football and cricket) on Hotstar and SonyLiv (which is quite sad), TV series and movies on OTT, and Youtube. Don't have a DTH connection. I may get an Xbox series S next year for some casual gaming.

The room will be relatively bright during the day. Even at night I prefer a small warm light over a completely dark room for TV viewing. And viewing angle is not an issue since most of the viewing almost head-on.

I understand that showrooms can get very bright and may not be the best place to check out TVs. But it has completely killed my enthusiasm to upgrade. I am like there's literally zero change I noticed. The only time I actually need to upgrade TV is when I buy the console which can only happen next year (waiting for long term reviews).

That said I'm eagerly waiting to see the U7980. Hearing good things in the forum and the price is very reasonable.

If you're bummed out, might as well wait till next year. Now that a budget FALD set has finally being launched, other companies also might offer better products or at least better prices next year, especially if this pandemic is close to winding up.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back