Confused with options for a home theatre. Budget 30-40K

polly12

Hi All,

I am looking to buy a home theatre for a budget of around 30-40K. The options in my head, since i am a newbie to this area are:
1) Sony Home Theatre(All 4 Floor speakers)
2) Yamaha Amp 3063 + NSP 8900 + NSP 60
3) Yamaha Amp 3063 + NSP 8390 + NSP 60

Out the above I feel Sony just amplifies the sound and doesnt really give a home theatre effect. NSP 8900 combination was good but is going a bit over budget(as per the pricing given to me- approx. 51K). So that leaves with NSP 8390 floor speakers and Yamaha 3063 amp. Please suggest if 8390 + 60 is a good combination or are there better options that i can look at.
Any suggestion or help would be much appreciated! Thanks.

If you can increase your budget by 5k more . You can get Denon 1311 ,onkyo 308 or yamaha entry level AVRs with Energy take/wharf movie star or polk rm series speakers .

......and the saga begins!!!

yep, thats how it all begins, you thrive for a better performence, you visit a nearby hifi showroom and have auditions of the system you have in your mnd; but the seller also has a better but a vie bit expensive option. you give it a go and feel thats the one you want.

now, with a VIE BIT MORE of the budget, you yearn for some other parallel options in the same price range. (welcome to the PRO-ZONE!!!) you research a lot, and find that there are many more options in the audiophile world, that fit in your budget or JUST OUTSIDE IT and give a great VALUE FOR MONEY. the earlier options contemplated by you are now nowhere in your sight, you are now progressing towards audiophile options (thats where I am right now).

Now, after LEARNING about the audiophile options, you want to HEAR them. you do, and you are mesmerised by their quality. you ask for a quote, and before you know it, you are prepearing your self to shell out more than double of your initial budget.

but here's my final word: YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE, AND IF YOU REALLY WANT TO SPEND YOUR 30-40K IN GOOD WORTHY SYSTEM, increase your budget around 10ks, FORGET ABOUT SONY / LG / PHILIPS / SAMSUNG HTiBs AND LOOK FOR AN ONKYO OR DENON 1311 WITH POLK RM6750 or JAMO 102 or find ENERGY Take Classic (recently discontinued but highly recommended many veteran forum members and owners)

also, the Onkyo HTiB are really not that costly, you will find 3400 for less than 25k. or for 45 to 50k you can have Onkyo 508 reciever with Onkyo 728 5.1 speakers.

and believe me, you will find that the journey in the audiophile world is more pleasurable (or atleast as pleasurable) as the destination!

cheers,
paritosh

At that price point Onkyo 508+728 7.1 speakers will be a great option.
Enough to blow your mind. A great system with good sound and hell lot of options.

Give it a try and you will not regret.

also, mind well, that these combos contain an AVR and Speakers. you'll have to keep aside 9 to 10k for a Sony / Panny / Samy / LG BDP (blueray disk player)

A few months ago it was around 26K. I read somewhere in the forum that a member bought this for around 22.5k.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back