Connecctivity issue Polk Magnifi Mini

no i cant see these options
now the default has changed for 5.1 surround because the PC took AVR as an Nvidia high definition Audio device.
The main thing is how your PC is taking the Polk's soundbar. One more thing here is if your Graphic card provides/support high definition audio? so that it can feed your soundbar High def audio through HDMI.

Attachments

• Screenshot_4.png
    Screenshot_4.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 1
Also please check if you PC shows something like this while you configure speakers? attached!

Attachments

• Screenshot_5.png
    Screenshot_5.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 1
See this is what Polk claim "The MagniFi Mini offers several ways to connect, both wired and wireless. It has one HDMI input, which requires an HDMI ARC (audio return channel) connection, and a digital optical audio input. Both of those support 5.1 audio. "

Now I should say you have to try every option and a little bit of R&D. I can only suggest you alternative from here. I'm sure they don't have a separate app for the PC to select stereo or 5.1 like some graphics and sound cards have. Also it will provide you virtual surround and I never experienced virtual surround in speakers.
Just because of absence of 5 speakers I don't know whether you test using this video, however you can see.

now the default has changed for 5.1 surround because the PC took AVR as an Nvidia high definition Audio device.
The main thing is how your PC is taking the Polk's soundbar. One more thing here is if your Graphic card provides/support high definition audio? so that it can feed your soundbar High def audio through HDMI.
i have amd r9 390 card which has 3 DP and 1 hdmi port, and a monitor with 2 hdmi and 1 dp port , i am just confused with wiring stuff, where should i connect the hdmi wire ?

HDMI cable only goes from from your card to Polk's soundbar and the same I did. Display port is just for the display only. I'm not using AMD so can't comment on that. Dunno if there's some sort of AMD graphics card control panel on your PC, if yes please check options on that too.

Before changing anything, few checks...
1. What's your problem, low volume or no surround effect?. Have you set max volume in pc?

2. You never said at the beginning that you had hdmi out. Otherwise the sound card wasn't required. Now have you tried via hdmi? You can connect the soundbar via hdmi and monitor via display port. No optical connection required.

3. Have you tried other inputs and checked the volume, like aux and Bluetooth?

4. Did you take a demo? Was it sounding louder then? What was the input there?

Before changing anything, few checks...
1. What's your problem, low volume or no surround effect?. Have you set max volume in pc?

2. You never said at the beginning that you had hdmi out. Otherwise the sound card wasn't required. Now have you tried via hdmi? You can connect the soundbar via hdmi and monitor via display port. No optical connection required.

3. Have you tried other inputs and checked the volume, like aux and Bluetooth?

4. Did you take a demo? Was it sounding louder then? What was the input there?

Thankyou for the reply ...

It plays very loud on bluetooth or wifi , but very low on optical cable, and only 2 channels are working , i cannot feel the 5.1 at all ...
I have R9 390 gfx card
lg 27 4k monitor connected via dp port .
I have a DG card, but now ordered a DX card as well .
Someone suggestred me to try hdmi arc of soundbar to hdmi port of gfx card , and select amd audio , but i cannot see amd audio on or connected in playback device option .

So i am really confused where and how should i connect to fully utilize the polk mini potentials.

plz guide ....

Good, now the problem has been isolated to optical. Getting a higher card will not likely change volume or surround effect. Some quality may improve but the problem lies in configuration.

Soundbars can give surround effect only in small narrow rectangular rooms. Do you have such a room? But still can't expect surround effects like true 5.1.

Next, as dinesh suggested, have you tried configuring audio on pc? In Windows 10 it is at the right end of the taskbar. Right click and check the options. Post the screenshots here.

Now, coming to HDMI. The HDMI input in magnifi mini is supposed to be connected to hdmi arc input of TV and extract audio from it. It is not built to be connected to hdmi out of pc, bluray player, console, etc. But you can try it. When you connect the soundbar via hdmi and monitor via display port, are both working? If monitor only working and no audio, then again try configuring audio on pc. Post screenshots.

Good, now the problem has been isolated to optical. Getting a higher card will not likely change volume or surround effect. Some quality may improve but the problem lies in configuration.

Soundbars can give surround effect only in small narrow rectangular rooms. Do you have such a room? But still can't expect surround effects like true 5.1.

Next, as dinesh suggested, have you tried configuring audio on pc? In Windows 10 it is at the right end of the taskbar. Right click and check the options. Post the screenshots here.

Now, coming to HDMI. The HDMI input in magnifi mini is supposed to be connected to hdmi arc input of TV and extract audio from it. It is not built to be connected to hdmi out of pc, bluray player, console, etc. But you can try it. When you connect the soundbar via hdmi and monitor via display port, are both working? If monitor only working and no audio, then again try configuring audio on pc. Post screenshots.

In properties i see these two options and lg utlra amd audio option active.

Attachments

• propertiers.jpg
    propertiers.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 2
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back